Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Attention ! Australian Sleevers

I want to get a new updated photo taken, but thought I would use one taken last weekend with my husband at Octoberfest in Brisbane as an interim. I still look big in photos so need to face reality that I have a long way to go before I look slim. In the meanwhile I am happy taking baby steps towards my goal.

You inspired me Kelliv. I finally put up a profile pic. This is me today trying on size 10 work pants in target. What do you think? A bit baggy? The size 8 were way too small. I'm in between sizes again. Argh!

You inspired me Kelliv. I finally put up a profile pic. This is me today trying on size 10 work pants in target. What do you think? A bit baggy? The size 8 were way too small. I'm in between sizes again. Argh!

Wow you are so tiny!! I've never worn a size 8 as an adult, but would love to get back into a size 10. I was 60kg and a size 10 when I met my husband 21 years ago. My aim s to get as close s I can to that size again. Enjoy your shopping. You deserve it.

Hi Shelley' date=' that's another good loss and it sounds like you are doing so well. My best friend/business partner still never comments. I see you most days and we ate travelling together at the moment, away for a week each time. She doesn't make negative comments but she also doesn't make any complimentary ones. Disappointing, but I believe it's her problem not mine and I am not worrying about it any more. My proof is in my progress and that will speak for itself. We are going to the Qld Tourism Awards in a couple of weeks and the dress I was hoping to wear is now too big for me after I was worried it wouldn't fit. I know she will struggle to find a dress to fit into. I[/quote']

That sucks Kelli with your friend. I think she is just jealous of you having the guts to do something and to have joined the gym that is great. You will have to get yourself a really nice dress that fits and take some pics, can't wait :)

On another note, we have not heard from Bella who had her op I think 15/10. I hope she is ok and can't wait to hear how she's going.

I have eaten too much in all my meals today as get like a 'stich' feeling in my stomach when over eat so after it happened for all my meals today I told my husband to not feed me as much as still having trouble slowing down, even though tonight was just some salmon!! Lets see how much he'll give me tomorrow night :)

God no.....no running. I walked it. If I ran I'd give myself 2 black eyes.

My aim is to run next year....with good support to hold down all that excess flab.

This is sooo good Nessa, I feel exactly the same with running and even asked my PT if running tomorrow in my first session as this was my concern haha. Then I'm thinking 'good lord I'm going to have to wear 2 bras to hold them down'... Funny how we think, but I did have a laugh when I read this :)

Pre sleeve, when I was feeling crappy, upset or depressed, I'd eat and eat and eat until I felt crappy, depressed and upset about what I'd just eaten and how fat I am. Now, I go into shops and try in clothes. I know it sounds dumb and I did not spend a cent, but I made myself feel good by pulling those size 10 pants straight up without the need to wiggle. I tried on jeans and tops and dresses and the woman thought I was mental, but I don't care. I put everything back where I got it. It made me feel good. And I'm not embarrassed about carrying around a coat hanger with a bright yellow 18 on it, trying to hide it so nobody sees. I don't care who sees my brown 10 coat hanger. Nobody else gets it. Even if you guys don't either, I know you won't judge. Still can't see a change in my image though, even in pictures. I guess it will come though.

Pre sleeve, when I was feeling crappy, upset or depressed, I'd eat and eat and eat until I felt crappy, depressed and upset about what I'd just eaten and how fat I am. Now, I go into shops and try in clothes. I know it sounds dumb and I did not spend a cent, but I made myself feel good by pulling those size 10 pants straight up without the need to wiggle. I tried on jeans and tops and dresses and the woman thought I was mental, but I don't care. I put everything back where I got it. It made me feel good. And I'm not embarrassed about carrying around a coat hanger with a bright yellow 18 on it, trying to hide it so nobody sees. I don't care who sees my brown 10 coat hanger. Nobody else gets it. Even if you guys don't either, I know you won't judge. Still can't see a change in my image though, even in pictures. I guess it will come though.

I so understand what you mean about the coat hangers. I don't suppose I'm the only one who cuts off the size tag on clothes. My coats or jackets I spend a while with the unpicker trying to do it neatly because I have to put them on the back of my chair at work. I wonder who I'm really kidding, it's not as if people would think I'm a size 10 or 12 when in fact I'm a size 18-20. I think you look fabulous.

That is awesome Puppyphat - I would do exactly the same, except I'm now in a 18 not 24 as I was but if I could get to a size 12-14, hell yeah I'm going to be in those shops trying on clothes - something I HATED doing as a 24!!

Pre sleeve' date=' when I was feeling crappy, upset or depressed, I'd eat and eat and eat until I felt crappy, depressed and upset about what I'd just eaten and how fat I am. Now, I go into shops and try in clothes. I know it sounds dumb and I did not spend a cent, but I made myself feel good by pulling those size 10 pants straight up without the need to wiggle. I tried on jeans and tops and dresses and the woman thought I was mental, but I don't care. I put everything back where I got it. It made me feel good. And I'm not embarrassed about carrying around a coat hanger with a bright yellow 18 on it, trying to hide it so nobody sees. I don't care who sees my brown 10 coat hanger. Nobody else gets it. Even if you guys don't either, I know you won't judge. Still can't see a change in my image though, even in pictures. I guess it will come though.[/quote']

Believe me, we get it and I am sure many of us gave felt the same way before. I can't wait to try on some smaller clothes. In did buy a size 14 top last week, but didn't try anything else on as I really want to lose another 10kgs before I go on a shopping spree as a reward. My husband gave me a full day spa experience voucher for my birthday last week. I am going to hold off using it until I hit 80kgs. I am currently at 89.2kg.

That is awesome Puppyphat - I would do exactly the same' date=' except I'm now in a 18 not 24 as I was but if I could get to a size 12-14, hell yeah I'm going to be in those shops trying on clothes - something I HATED doing as a 24!![/quote']

My house was full of clothes that still had tags on that didn't fit because I didn't try them on and never took them back because I would die if the girl at the service desk knew that I was swapping my size 18 for a 20. Because I can't really gauge what size I am, it was nice to try lots of things on. Skinny jeans in 12 are far too big, but cant really get regular cut 10s to fit yet. tops without sleeves are a 10 or s, tops with sleeves are 12 (bingo wings... How the hell do you get rid of them???) dresses are between size 10 and 12, depending on how much give in the fabric.

Omg, all you ladies are amazing!! I have watched your transition from post op and concentration on food to now the emphasis on health and exercise....u ladies are killing it!! Puppyphat u look amazing, I literally gasped when I read that size 12 skinnys are too baggy...really? I just can't comprehend it! I can't really see everyone's photos as on iPhone- forgotten my password and can't log on to my laptop (every time I select the change password they say I will receive an email....I am yet to receive anything and nothing in spam either)- so stuck with iPhone, but hopefully will be able to meet you all someday soon :-)

I bought Gillian's 30 day shred today, I'm six weeks post op so will be walking the girls to school everyday- 6k a day-, doing some light yoga this week, trying some 10mins runs and maybe will start the 30 day shred next week! Although I have lost 16kilos I was called an "Inward thinking, self absorbed piece of garbage" and "you really are a fat & miserable scum of the earth excuse for a mother" by a very unpleasant man over the weekend and am in need of a positive self esteem injection in the form of healthy eating and exercise! Because the best revenge is a happy healthy life :-D

Oh my kayargh, that's horrible. Please don't believe that any man, or person for that matter, that speaks to you like that is worth any of your time or attention. When my daughter was little and easily manipulated, she would come home from her dads house with a new insult every week. "Mummy, if you get any fatter, you'll have to wear bed sheets to work","when you get too fat for those clothes, you can give them to the elephants at the circus to play dress ups", etc. I knew that was what her dad thought, I was a super skinny size 10 when I left him (also pregnant, so put on a lot of weight). But to hear it come from her mouth as if they were her own opinions was heartbreaking.

You are not what they say, nothing even close. You are wonderful and I'm sure a very caring and loving mother who wants to set the best example for her girls by not being obese and teaching them healthy habits like walking to school.

Anything that horrible and nasty has come from a very bitter, cold person, and it takes a lot of energy to be that mean. Your best revenge is to carry on, be a great mum, lose weight, become a yummy mummy and keep areho£es like that in your past where they belong.

Wish me luck tomorrow - have my first personal training session which I'm doing twice weekly. I'm very nervous as haven't done intense exercise for many years so here goes' date=' have to start somewhere[/quote']

How did your training session go Shelley? Did you survive?

Oh my kayargh' date=' that's horrible. Please don't believe that any man, or person for that matter, that speaks to you like that is worth any of your time or attention. When my daughter was little and easily manipulated, she would come home from her dads house with a new insult every week. "Mummy, if you get any fatter, you'll have to wear bed sheets to work","when you get too fat for those clothes, you can give them to the elephants at the circus to play dress ups", etc. I knew that was what her dad thought, I was a super skinny size 10 when I left him (also pregnant, so put on a lot of weight). But to hear it come from her mouth as if they were her own opinions was heartbreaking.

You are not what they say, nothing even close. You are wonderful and I'm sure a very caring and loving mother who wants to set the best example for her girls by not being obese and teaching them healthy habits like walking to school.

Anything that horrible and nasty has come from a very bitter, cold person, and it takes a lot of energy to be that mean. Your best revenge is to carry on, be a great mum, lose weight, become a yummy mummy and keep areho£es like that in your past where they belong.[/quote']

Oh Puppyphat! He sounds like my ex! I know exactly what you mean about hearing it out of your baby's mouth, my ex taught my eldest to call me fat mole mummy at the age of 2. He used to laugh so hard that she would laugh too and then repeat it again and again to get the same reaction from him. Thank you for all your kind and beautiful words, they really do help xxx

Why are men pigs?

Maybe it's better I stay single.