Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Got My Date! (Any Other June Sleevers?)

The 4th w dr Aceves.

I agree, it seems like forever away. In a way I'm thankful it's not a week or something, so I have time to wrap my head completely around it.

Congrats!!! We just submitted to insurance late last week...so hopefully it'll be approved quickly and I can get a June date as well!!!

Just got the call from the surgerons office. JUNE 1ST!!!!! I'm so excited, i can hardly take it! It would have been May 22nd but they have a 4 hour class that patient's must attend, and the next class is held on 5/30. They originally had me down to do the Roux-NY but I said, whoa! Wait ONE MINUTE, the sleeve is for me! I've done so much research on the sleeve and that is what I want. SO she called the insurance and had the codes changed. Simple as that. Whew! Now, I just play the waiting game. Pre-op appointment is on 5/24/12.

Sorry for rambling, I'm just soooo happy and excited :)!!!!!

Just got my call today that I am approved by insurance so first appt with surgeon is May 24. So I am pretty sure I will be a June sleever. Hoping to get it done around June 11th. :D so excited

June 11th!

congrats to you....another sleeve twin!! June 11th!!! Woot Woot!!!

Well im on the lower side so maybe thats why I have no pre op diet, but I havent had my pre op appt yet so maybe they will put me on one then.

Im getting kinda nervous. They are.taking a part of my body and I can never get it back....

I'm on June 5th too....starting to get REALLY nervous' date=' but excited at the same time!! I've been trying to go through this process for the past 6 years, and this year it was finally covered on my husbands insurance!! I think it will go fast, my students are getting ready for finals, and graduation.

I'm kinda surprised to hear that you don't need to go on the diet...I was told two weeks prior it was protien shakes and a small dinner. This is to help shrink the liver to make it safe for surgery. Then after surgery there's some kind of special Protein drink, then next shakes, puree, and then if all is tolerated solid food. Has anyone else told they had to do the diet?[/quote']

I was told no diet before surgery, my doctor said the wan your body strong the day of.

I sold have my date of surgery by next week, psych on Thursday.

June 24 with Dr. Aceves.

Yay!!! It seems like it gets closer every time someone else posts that they're surg date is in June!

Dr. office called to confirm everything...next week- EGD on Monday, then Wednesday 2 hour class on the pre-surgery diet and all the post op information. On the 23rd I have my EKG and Chest x-ray, then my last appointment with the surgeon before my surgery. Now it's starting to feel real!! So very excited!! Happy to see others are in June too...our month towards our new beginnings!! Good luck to all of you, we're all going to do great!! June 5th is coming up pretty darn quick...

My doctor will have me on a liquid diet 2 wks before surgery. So since I know my date is tentatively June 11, I am starting to substitute one - two meals a day for a liquid. I'm hoping that will make the full liquid diet easier to do. Anyone else having to do the liquid diet before surgery?