Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am almost 3 wks post sleeve. Getting discouraged. Only lost about 12 lbs so far. I am walking 2 miles per day. Trying to get calories/protein in, but I know I'm missing the mark. I get sick frequently after eating..any suggestions??

It seems like you are doing great to me. I know at 3 weeks I lost 15 lbs and then had an 8 day stall. This will work. Keep up with the walking and Protein.< /p>

It seems like you are doing great to me. I know at 3 weeks I lost 15 lbs and then had an 8 day stall. This will work. Keep up with the walking and Protein.

Weird thing is that I stalled for about 12 days in the beginning. Couldn't tolerate much at all. Many days still can't. I will keep on keeping on! Thanks for the encouragement!!!!

More Water, less walking time. ;) You definitely need to get in your Protein, Water and some calories, but you're having a couple of issues. One, you're in the classic three week stall. Search for it here, you'll see that almost everyone has this issue. Two, muscle weighs more than fat and walking 2 miles a day definitely builds muscle. So, you're actually doing a good thing with the walking. It also will boost your metabolism and help prevent sagging skin down the road.

Patience is the number one thing we all have to learn. Don't weigh yourself every day and enjoy the journey! That last one I'm learning from other posters here, like FavoredOne. It's a great lesson to aspire to learn. :)

I also got sick after eating. I was not taking enough time chewing... I started chopping my food up very fine and chewing for 30sec and waiting 30more sec before i took another bite. Your not getting enough calories for the exersize your doing. My dr told me i could not do zumba until i was getting my calories in consistantly for 2weeks. Your body is going into starvation mode and keeping everything you eat for the fear it will not get anything else to eat.

Wow, no Zumba. I was hoping to go back to class. I just started pureed foods today. Got in some tuna with light mayo and light ranch for some added flavor. Made some chicken the same way. Had to eat really slow, but stayed down ok.

I highly suggest myfitnesspal.com. It's made me 'see' why I get stuck - I'm not eating enough calories a day, I'm not getting enough Water in, I'm not exercising enough... etc. I use it on my iphone and so far, I'm enjoying it. Except today I did almost 4 miles on the elliptical and then weights... burned 580 cals and by 6 pm was at a caloric deficiency. Grrr... myfitnesspal.com has helped me to "get" that.

Make sure you get in your Water (or liquids in) and try to get in at least (now don't quote me here ok but...) 1200 cals a day (I believe). Otherwise, I think your body thinks it's starving and holds onto every lb. I'm not 100% on the 1200 but I am thinking that's right (ask your NUT if you have one pls). You have to have more caloric intake if you are active or your body goes into starvation mode (who knew? yeah we all did but we thought we knew better huh?)

More calories? How? Full liquid diet or any of the other stages except clears: Protein in your puddings, greek yogurt, shake for b'fast/shake for lunch, regular dinner, add an egg for bfast. Great recipes on the world of eggface too, try some of those perhaps! Clears ... .not applicable to you but I had to do this... miso Soup, cytosport whey isolate drinks, Protein powder in Jello, Protein Powder added to Soup, powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury chicken soup....not many options on clears, but just adding it, just in case!

My only question is... if I stick to three meals a day and one snack, how in hades do I do this?

Good luck to you and appreciate the advice from anyone myself!

i AM THREE WEEKS POST OP AS OF tomorrow and too am feeling a bit discouraged AND I HAVE ONLY LOST 10 POUNDS! However, I have been a lot more active since I have had the sleeve, walking, cleaning horse stalls, walking my horse (since I cannot ride). A lady I befriended that had the surgery the same day as me, in fact hours before me, (and is six years younger-I am 46) has lost 21 pounds and ten inches. HOWEVER, I HAVE LOST 20 TOTAL INCHES. So, my surgeon office asked how I was doing and I sent them my eating/exercise diary and explained and discussed my fears of why I am a slow loser (hormonal, maybe?), but also I know I am much more physically active than my friend that was sleeved on the same day....SO IT VERY WELL COULD BE GAINING MUSCLE AND THAT IS WHAT I AM HOPEFUL FOR. I HAVE NOT BEEN PERFECT EITHER AS FAR AS liquid AND Protein INTAKE, BUT OVERALL THINK I AM DOING WELL. (I think we all struggle at first with our intakes). After they review my diary they may see as to why I am slow or give me other reasons as to why. I keep telling myself to just be patient and in time it will be okay. I just have read that the most weight is lost three to six months post (and often slows considerably afterwards) so I am fearful that I will not lose the 80 pounds within eight months to a year as planned. However, If I could stay a steady ten pounds a month, I do believe slower weight loss is better for skin, hair and gallbladder, then I would be okay...but it all seems out of my control...at least I have lost ten pounds which is something I have not been able to do for ten years. I am not going to quit exercising and I am looking forward to when I can exercise more vigorously. Good luck to you and all the slow losers!

I will download myfitnesspal on my phone. I have NO idea how ro get all the calories in while only eating 3 times daily???? Thanks so much for everyone's suggestions. This site & everyone's tips are giving me hope & inspiration!!

My nut. said that the body won't go into starvation mode unless I don't eat the required 60-70gms of Protein.

3 weeks and 12 lbs is great!! That is 4lbs a week, good for you!!

Hang in there, when is the last time you lost 12 lbs. in 3 weeks?

Eating VERY, VERY slowly and chewing well may help with the getting sick.

Misty, Only eating 3 times a day? Nope. I eat at least 5 times a day, but a meal may be a slice of cheese and a slice if deli meat with some pickles rolled up in it.

Lissa

Misty' date=' Only eating 3 times a day? Nope. I eat at least 5 times a day, but a meal may be a slice of cheese and a slice if deli meat with some pickles rolled up in it.

Lissa[/quote']

Pickles yum!!!!

Sorry I crave juicy fruits n veges. I am so deficient on Water. I get in about 55oz of Water a day

Misty, Only eating 3 times a day? Nope. I eat at least 5 times a day, but a meal may be a slice of cheese and a slice if deli meat with some pickles rolled up in it.

Lissa

My NUT also told me to eat 3x a day. Sometimes I will eat more. I guess they are doing what they think is best.

I am 16 days post op and have stalled as well... I've fluctuated between 303 and 306 for 10 days BUT..... I'm not worried... Plus my monthly friend paid a visit which I am blaming for the stall as well. Our bodies have been shocked by the surgery and they are adjusting. The weight will come off! I am been active as well and have lost inches versus lbs. I feel fantastic!! I would be lying if I didn't say I wish I had lost more but I never wanted rapid weight loss. I want to try and keep my skin as tight as possible!

Best of luck!

Capt Derel, I can testify that I have eaten more pickles in these 8 post op months than EVER before in my life! :) And I've had two babies!