Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am sure there are a ton of post and maybe a sticky or two about this. But I am getting so twisted and turned around that I might just be driving myself to the looney bin!!!!

I would like to know what is the best chewable (preferably Gummy vitamins) that are out there??? Can you tell me the brand name, flavors that are the best, and where you purchased? I know that everyones taste buds are different, but I just want to be able to see what is out there before I buy. I don't want to be stuck with the ugh face like my mother while she is chewing her Bariatic Advantage Vitamins (which she truly hates and I hate watching her take them).

Also, what other vitamins and/or supplements are you taking? I see some people take B12 and also Biotin for Hair loss (I definitely need my hair because my head is so big and I dont think that I would look too good bald) :P:D I will already have to deal with the booble head syndrome once I start lossing weight!!! :wacko::blink:

any information you can provide would be greatly appreciated!!! I have my pad and pen waiting!!!!

Kisha

Hi Kisha, I used the chewable Centrum since I didnt have a problem with the taste but I got some of the gummys at costco and they are pretty good. They are called Vitafusion MultiVites and they are only 15 calories each. I take the sublingual b-12, spring valley is the brand (walmart) split them into 4 since they are 2500 mg and I am supposed to get 500. They taste like cherry but the piece is so small and dissolves quickly you barely taste it. I am taking Prilosec daily for 6 months ( dr's orders) and actigall 3 times a day for 6 months as well for gallstone prevention. Also, two Calcium pills daily. Seems like a lot but I am having no issues whatsoever. I did some research on the Biotin and came to the conclusion is really doesnt help with Hair loss in what I have read so I decided not to take it. I have had no issue with hair thinning yet...but I am only going on 10 weeks out. Guess I will deal with it when I need to...lol! Best of luck to you! :rolleyes:

Here are the chewables I take that are great so far..

Vita fusion Multivitamin - I take 4-5 gummies each morning...sold at Walmart and sams club. I alternate bottles with the Centrum chewable Multivitamins cause I get tired of the taste of those

Vita fusion Power Vitamin C - Taste like orange Gummy candy - I eat 4 of those each morning

Vitamin Shoppe (or other brand name) Chewable Calcuim with Vitamin D and K - Two chocolate chews each morning but the carmel is MUCH better

Rest of my daily vitamins:

sublingual B12 liquid

B1 in pill form

D3 in pill form

and thats it!

I take 2 Centrum Silver chewable Multi-vitamins (as I'm over 50) Citrus berry

flavor. I also use B-12 sublingual(liquid) 2 times a week. And 2 Calcium Citrates per day. And one Iron chewy bite(Chocolate raspberry flavor Tastes like a tootsie roll) from Bariatric Advantage each day. And I started taking Biotin 2 times a day(just in case of hair loss). I'm not taking a chance with that one! Good Luck

How funny. I take the Bariatric Advantage and I like them. Guess I can't recommend those to you, huh?

thanks everyone for all of your input!!!!!

Hello everyone.. I'm new to this site :)

I'm 8 weeks post op.

I take:

Vitafusion MultiVites twice a day (Walmart)

1 sublingual b-12

Prilosec twice a day for now, as the dr thinks i'm having reflux issues.. (feels like something is caught in my throat ALL the time)

Actigall 3 times a day for 6 months as well for gallstone prevention.

2 Calcium pills daily

Vitamin D once a week

Biotin once a day. I was taking those pre-op as well, good for hair skin and nails, so I've just decided to continue to do so.

For those who take the Vita Fusion... you take 4 a day?? The twice the rec. serving right?? Is there a reason you take so many??? I take them as well and I just do the two per day... Am I not taking enough???

Why are you all taking B12 too?

I bought chewable Multivitamins, chewable D3 (as I am currently taking 5000 IU a day anyway due to low Vit D), and chewable calcium citrate.

I'm pre-op, but I think my Vitamin regimen will pretty much be close to the same when I'm post op. I cannot swallow a pill, so I'm a professional when it comes to chewables. ;)

I take -

- Centrum chewable as my main Multivitamin.< /p>

- Os-Cal Chewable Calcium plus Vitamin D ('lemon chiffon' flavor) - probably the least-chalky calcium I've found that is not a chew. 2 a day.

- Vitamin B Complex - sublingual - Nature's Bounty brand

- Glucosamine chondroitin Chews - Spring Valley Brand. Two daily. (I take this for arthritis, most people won't need it. I plan to do a liquid after surgery for just a bit)

Favoredone, I only take 2 of the vitafusion. Once in the morning and once in the evening.

NJSharon, I'm taking the B12 hoping for more energy basically.. I'm way more tired now then what I was pre-op.

I did a vlog about what all I take! The link is below, in my sig.

As for the question of why some if us take B12... Iron, folate, and B12 are common deficiencies for wls patients. Makes sense, considering we eat so little. My doctor requires her patients include B12 in their supplement regime.

I have a Vitamin question; I got some from my doctor's office that said for pre-op to take 3 pills a day and after my surgery take 6 a day; does that mean that them all at the same time? Or space them out throughout the day? They are horsepill size and I don't want to try and get all 3 down at one time or later on, all 6! Any help?

I have a Vitamin question; I got some from my doctor's office that said for pre-op to take 3 pills a day and after my surgery take 6 a day; does that mean that them all at the same time? Or space them out throughout the day? They are horsepill size and I don't want to try and get all 3 down at one time or later on' date=' all 6! Any help?[/quote']

I would split it up. I take BA multis and per my NUT, I take 2 in the morning and 2 around dinner time. I also take Calcium Citrate from BA 3 times a day (I treat myself to one of the chewables that taste like Starburst once a day)

Thanks! I'll take one at each meal and then after my surgery (I guess I'll be on the powder for a while; no way I'm getting these horsepills into my tiny stomach) I'll double up at each meal! :D