Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

For those who take the Vita fusion... you take 4 a day?? The twice the rec. serving right?? Is there a reason you take so many??? I take them as well and I just do the two per day... Am I not taking enough???

Favoredone, you are not taking enough if you are only taking two. A 'serving' is two but only has 50% of the RDA allowance of Vit A, C, E, and Niacin, so by taking four a day you get 100% of those.

Why are you all taking B12 too?

I bought chewable multivitamins' date=' chewable D3 (as I am currently taking 5000 IU a day anyway due to low Vit D), and chewable calcium citrate.[/quote']

The portion of the stomach that excretes intrinsic factor (helps absorb B12) is removed as part of the surgery. This makes it harder for the body to absorb B12 from the diet. So most people's doctors recommend supplementing B12 either subliminally (liquid or tab under the tongue) or IM injection in the doctor's office.

Does anyone take B1? My buddy had a full gastric bypass and is required to take B1. Since my dr didn't bother to tell me to take B12, so I want to make sure that I don't need that as well. Thanks!

I take Flinstones complete chewables (1 in morning and 1 in evening). My Nut said not to do gummies cuz there's no thiamin in gummies. And I do citrical gummies for Calcium. (1 twice a day). I think I'm going to start a B12 to see if my energy increases.

I was told by NUT and surgeon Not to take the Gummy vits at all! Not sure why? I take flintstone complete( gotta get the complete to get the 18 mg of iron) and Ca citrate with vit D. Not sure about the Biotin. But I'm gonna try that too

I am sure there are a ton of post and maybe a sticky or two about this. But I am getting so twisted and turned around that I might just be driving myself to the looney bin!!!!

I would like to know what is the best chewable (preferably Gummy vitamins) that are out there??? Can you tell me the brand name' date=' flavors that are the best, and where you purchased? I know that everyones taste buds are different, but I just want to be able to see what is out there before I buy. I don't want to be stuck with the ugh face like my mother while she is chewing her Bariatic Advantage Vitamins (which she truly hates and I hate watching her take them).

Also, what other Vitamins and/or supplements are you taking? I see some people take B12 and also Biotin for hair loss (I definitely need my hair because my head is so big and I dont think that I would look too good bald) :P:D I will already have to deal with the booble head syndrome once I start lossing weight!!! :wacko::blink:

any information you can provide would be greatly appreciated!!! I have my pad and pen waiting!!!!

Kisha[/quote']

Just be careful with the Calcium Citrate chews-they tase yummy, but have 15 calories each for 250 mg and my Nut said I need 1200 mg!

Has anyone seen liquid calcium citrate with d3 ? Like previous poster said all these hummus and chewables are really going to add up to alot of cals and carbs. When are most people released to using pill form an what about just chunking up the horse pills and taking just a small piece at a time?

Ugh stinking spell checker... I really was posting about gummies not hummus.

Has anyone seen liquid calcium citrate with d3 ? Like previous poster said all these hummus and chewables are really going to add up to alot of cals and carbs. When are most people released to using pill form an what about just chunking up the horse pills and taking just a small piece at a time?

I would like to know too