Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Surgery was 4/2 and I've lost 25lbs so far. I'm working out about an hour a day but starting this week, 3 days a week will be a 2 hour workout because I'm starting Water aerobics as well. I'm very happy with myself. I've been working hard.

Well my surgery was 12-April and I am down 30lbs. I had a minor set back yesterday an was put back into the hospital. I have an ulcer and my sleeve empties slow so when I ate my banana for Breakfast it got stuck. I have never felt such awful pain. But good news is I'm being discharged he today. I have to go back to the beginning and do the liquid diet for a week.

Did they repair the ulcer when u had ur sleeve? They repaired mine at the same time and i CAN NOT eat!!! EVERYTHING stays stuck even Water. I was sleeved 4/17. I called the docs office and they say to let it heal but its awful pain!!

Sent from my iPhone using VST

I was sleeved April 30th so just made it into the April group. Doing ok, having trouble with the full liquid diet. Feel a hot flushy kind of feeling when I sip a Protein Drink or try to eat some cream of wheat for instance. Not actually getting sick though so my doctor said to hang in there and just go slow. Pain is much better at least. It just feels weird when I drink or eat. Like I can feel it go down my throat, into my sleeve, every inch of it's travel so to speak. Kind of icky. But I am sure this too will pass. I just hope I am a lot better in 2 weeks so I can go back to work when I am supposed to. Good luck fellow April sleevers! :)

Did they repair the ulcer when u had ur sleeve? They repaired mine at the same time and i CAN NOT eat!!! EVERYTHING stays stuck even Water. I was sleeved 4/17. I called the docs office and they say to let it heal but its awful pain!!

Sent from my iPhone using VST

No because I just developed the ulcer had to go back into hospital yesterday. :( I just have to wait and let it heal itself. :(

I was sleeved April 27 by Dr. Podkameni in Gilbert, AZ. Feeling pretty good! 4 days til I start puréed!

Does anyone feel like those that know that you had surgery now stare at you when you eat? I feel like I am being judge when I eat. It may just be my crazy mind :/

I did not tell many people only 3 friends at work know I tell everyone that comments on my weight loss that I am not eating carbs doing adkins. I was sleeved 4/4 and.down 29 lbs and feel great

Sent from my SPH-D700 using VST

Yes Marnie. I do. I let everyone at work and friends and family know I had this surgery. I am not ashamed of it. I needed help, a tool, to help me be healthy. What I was ashamed of was being morbidly obese. I of course get looks about what is on my plate but don't care because those who judge don't matter and those who matter don't judge. I have had nothing but great response and some concern over whether it was enough nutrients. I explain about my Protein intake and they get it.

I wish you the best and remember you are doing this for you and thats all that matters.

I was sleeved April 17 at kaiser in harbor city!!! So far I'm doing good I have lost 22 pounds and exercise 3x a week because it makes me feel weak!!! I haven't really drank my Vitamins because I feel disgusted but otherwise I'm great!!!

Yes Marnie. I do. I let everyone at work and friends and family know I had this surgery. I am not ashamed of it. I needed help' date=' a tool, to help me be healthy. What I was ashamed of was being morbidly obese. I of course get looks about what is on my plate but don't care because those who judge don't matter and those who matter don't judge. I have had nothing but great response and some concern over whether it was enough nutrients. I explain about my Protein intake and they get it.

I wish you the best and remember you are doing this for you and thats all that matters.[/quote']

Thanks. I guess I just can't care about the looks. When they have questions I always answer And it's not like I'm eating bad stuff it's just they are like you can't be full. Then I explain. But honestly tired of it. :(

Hi fellow sleevers! Hooray for April! I'm (almost 6 weeks out (as of Tues))... :) So glad I did this! :) Hope everyone else is having a great day!

Does anyone feel like those that know that you had surgery now stare at you when you eat? I feel like I am being judge when I eat. It may just be my crazy mind :/

This is the reason that I did not tell anyone but my boss what kind of surgery I was having. I have a friend at work who got the band a year ago and people are always, not only staring, but commenting to her about what she is eating. Like it is their business!!! I did not even tell some of my relatives that I was having surgery. Those that in the past have said unkind things to me. I just told them that I had a hurnia repair and I am being treated for ulcers and that this combo has changed what I can eat and how much. So far, no one has questioned me any further. No one has said anything about my weight or my loss either. I am find with the "no comments" thing about all of it, even my weight loss. I don't like people to talk about it because it is a sensitive subject for me. I just want to go about my day, and do my thing.

I hope they start watching their own plate soon and leave yours alone. Hang in there!

Karen

A BIG HELLO to all of my April SLEEVERS!!! I hope all of you are doing well! I am 7 wks out & have lost 28 lbs. I was expecting more by this point. :( I am struggling somewhat with my eating habits. I want to snack, which is a big no, no! Got to get it under control! Going to the beach in July & I REALLY want to loose 15 more lbs by then! Wish me luck! :D

I'll give you more! I am almost 4 weeks out and have only lost 6 pounds so it could be a lot worse. :)