Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Just reading through the last 10 posts or so, and boy do I feel a lot better that I'm not alone. Losing is very slow. Bad habits are coming back. I haven't been tracking as I should, etc. Elsewhere on the forum everyone seems so positive and losing like crazy, and doing everything they should. I was getting depressed....lol. Thank you dear people. I too do not want to waste this opportunity and am determined to reach my goal. I must get it together, start tracking again and doing what I know I should. I was acting like a rebellious child, angry that the sleeve hasn't been all I dreamed of and thinking I could have done this with WW (I know, I know - it didn't work the bazillion other times I tried), and all these things that we must do why have the sleeve. Well I told myself to grow up, stop being a child, and GET IT TOGETHER. I still eat waaaaay less in calories so I can do this.Thank you all for making me feel I am not alone in the struggle.

No problem Joni...you are so not alone!!!! I know this is going to be a life long struggle. Some addicts can walk away and never touch their addiction again, but for food addiction, there is no such thing. We must eat to live. So, our issues are very different than many other addictions. It is hard, but like you and the others, I am glad I have this new tool. I know I would not make it without it, that is for sure. Hang in there.

Thank you Joni and WillowsKnot for sharing. It's encouraging to know we are not alone. I applaud you both for how far you've come so far. I am confident that we will all reach our goals! One day at a time. Hearing from all of you that are walking the same journey helps me to remain positive. Have a great weekend everyone!

Joni....somehow as we move forward, hopefully we are learning from our mistakes and as long as we can see it clearly, those things that derail us from our goals, will not have the power over our us that they did before we embarked on this journey.

I stopped buying crackers - they were my slider food and called out to me from the cupboard. I was preferring crackers and cheese for dinner, wheat thins with tuna for lunch, I kept going back for 3-4 when I felt those little grumblings in my stomach. I have a lot of those. This is my second week without crackers and I survived and lost 2.5 pounds breaking my most recent stall.

Next week when I shop, I will purchase Snacks that will not derail my weight loss diet. I know I will snack, so best to prepare for it. Next week I will make some hard boiled eggs so that I can whip up a quick batch of deviled eggs, I'm going to prepare lots of chopped veggies and a nice spinach dip made from a low-cal recipe on skinnytaste.com and all kinds of olives, some nuts. This moving toward a lower carb diet takes time to figure out based on my palette.

I have to do better at menu planning. I have tons of great low-carb recipes just have to pull them out and get the ingredients on hand. Old habits do die hard, and the same foods we used to prepare don't work so well these days, and there are times when I am staring into the fridge wondering what the heck to eat.

Planning + Action = Results !

Take care girlfriend....we are on the right road to success...we just have to stay the course!!!

Oh, that cracker thing drives me crazy!!! I can really pack em' away, but give me Protein and I'm stuffed. Katie you are so smart to figure these things out. I buy the right stuff, but also have the wrong stuff on hand most of the time. When meal time comes, I just don't want what I planned or should have; and honestly it's not just that I want the wrong things (although carbs mostly sound great), but that I would rather not even eat if I have to have what "I should." It's truly like I'm a child! I like your ideas though and I am going to have to get mindful, make lists, gather my recipes I enjoy, and plan! Maybe then I'll see that scale move at last.

I am 5 months out and have finally lost 45 lbs. I'm only 6 lbs away from NOT being obese! I'm so excited! It's been many, many years since I've been this weight and it feels great! Thank you Dr. Jawad! My clothes look like bags and I've had to shop in my "closet" for my smaller clothes. This is the first time in my life where I actually gave away all my big clothes. Yipee!! How's everyone else doing?

Grammy, I'm right there with you! It's been slow going for me, but I still feel great and still feel like I will lose the rest! I don't see myself going back to where I was. I'm taking a little longer than I thought, but it's still coming off and I feel great!

My spouse is having his sleeve done tomorrow. I am hoping by January, no one will recognize either of us lol I had my gall bladder out 3 weeks ago and so far, no problems. Hope all of my April sleevers are doing well =)