Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Next Week Sleevers ? Or Anyone Whom Are Upcoming April Sleevers?

I was sleeved on April 16th. I too have a hard time getting in my Protein. A 12 oz Protein shake takes about 3 hours to finish. I am sure once the stomach heals I will be able to drink faster' date=' but in the meantime any ideas on how to get in all our protein?[/quote']

I'm having the same issues!

I was sleeved on April 16th. I too have a hard time getting in my Protein. A 12 oz Protein shake takes about 3 hours to finish. I am sure once the stomach heals I will be able to drink faster, but in the meantime any ideas on how to get in all our protein?

I found a heavenly product at Rite Aid. They are Proasis Protein Shots. They are 2.9 oz with 120 calories, 5 grams of sugar, but has 25 grams of protein!! Yay! I love them because it meets all the requirements my doctor gave. I am cutting it close to the sugar but I am watching all intake.

The best thing about it is that it doesn't take that long to drink. I hope this helps. I have found as my little life saver :D

I found a heavenly product at Rite Aid. They are Proasis Protein Shots. They are 2.9 oz with 120 calories' date=' 5 grams of sugar, but has 25 grams of protein!! Yay! I love them because it meets all the requirements my doctor gave. I am cutting it close to the sugar but I am watching all intake.

The best thing about it is that it doesn't take that long to drink. I hope this helps. I have found as my little life saver :D[/quote']

New whey and Body Fortress both have Protein Shots. NW is 42 g Protein 2 Carb. Body Fortress is 26 g protein I think. I haven't had the body fortress ones but New Whey tastes awful. I split it up in shots of 12.5 ml each throughout the day. Can be a protein lifesaver. Special K protein Water mixes gives 5g protein with 1 Carb and is really good.

New whey and Body Fortress both have Protein Shots. NW is 42 g Protein 2 Carb. Body Fortress is 26 g protein I think. I haven't had the body fortress ones but new whey tastes awful. I split it up in shots of 12.5 ml each throughout the day. Can be a protein lifesaver. Special K protein Water mixes gives 5g protein with 1 Carb and is really good.

New Whey and Body Fortress both have Protein Shots. NW is 42 g Protein 2 Carb. Body Fortress is 26 g protein I think. I haven't had the body fortress ones but new whey tastes awful. I split it up in shots of 12.5 ml each throughout the day. Can be a protein lifesaver. Special K protein Water mixes gives 5g protein with 1 Carb and is really good.

Those Protein Shots (berry blast, berry frost) saved my butt the last couple days when I got so turned off the Protein Shakes big time! They are not much better, someone called them "goo" I think they taste like medicine, but 2.5 ounces is not a lot to get down. I try to distract myself as I am sipping it down and in 15 minutes I have had 28 gm of Protein. They will probably become intolerable soon, but they worked yesterday and today. I also just received from Protein To Go the vanilla latte protein shots, but haven't tried yet. I'll do that tomorrow morning.

That is good to know. The grape Proasis one taste great but hard to find. So other goo is good to know.

I am so happy with getting on my 74 grams of Protein. I was only able to eat half of one egg, 4 oz. of cottage cheese, and 1Tbsp of Peanut Butter. I relied on 2 Protein Shots for 2/3 of all my protein

I'm glad everyone is doing so well post op! One word on Protein Shots. Make sure they don't use collegen Protein. That type isn't what we need, we need whey. I would hate for you to waste your limited stomach capacity on something that doesn't give you what you need.

Those Protein Shots (berry blast, berry frost) saved my butt the last couple days when I got so turned off the Protein Shakes big time! They are not much better, someone called them "goo" I think they taste like medicine, but 2.5 ounces is not a lot to get down. I try to distract myself as I am sipping it down and in 15 minutes I have had 28 gm of Protein. They will probably become intolerable soon, but they worked yesterday and today. I also just received from Protein To Go the vanilla latte protein shots, but haven't tried yet. I'll do that tomorrow morning.

What was the brand name on those shots?

I had 2 different brands at first. The one I liked the most, I threw it out and don't know :angry: The other brand is pro balance and it was harder to get down. Now I ordered Protein to Go brand from Amazon and am going to try it in a few minutes.....

kczar - thank you - I had asked the NUT about them and she just said, sounds good - go for it. I'm glad to have some additional information.

So is it ok if they energy shots in them also?

Protein to go vanilla latte - not so good for me. I have four of them, so I will try to get them down. And they contain caffeine - which I didn't realize and I know I'm not supposed to have. So jthurman, I don't know if you're allowed caffeine or not. If you are, then I don't see a problem. When in doubt, ask your NUT.

I went on a mission for lunch and bought every Protein shot I could find...I will get back to you on the results...

Good - let me know if they have caffeine or not, Protein amount, brand, and all that jazz.... :D