Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I just want to chug and chug...but I can't! Sips just aren't cutting it!

This is one of my fears. I am so used to chugging. I'm trying to start the sips now (pre-surgery) but it doesn't always work.

I have no idea why..but the last 2 days I can't get enough to drink...and I can't drink it fast enough.

I have a question. Do you not chug because you can't or because you shouldn't? I seem to have no problem gulping down Water, so just wondering.

If I drink to much or to fast my tummy gets very mad.

Oh ok. Good to know.

I've pissed it off a hundred times today...but I can't help it...I'm soooo thirsty.

I am so thirsty, but I don't chug because I thought I couldn't. I am four days out. It is hard to get in all my Fluid just sipping. mesaucedo-are you saying I can chug? I thougth I could only take about 4 oz at a time because that's what my nut said.

Oh no! I don't want to give you any advice on that, particularly if your nut told you something else. I was only saying that I can without any physical pain. Not necessarily chug, but definitely gulp instead of sip. I don't drink more than 4 oz at a time, I just drink it faster.

I am so thirsty, but I don't chug because I thought I couldn't. I am four days out. It is hard to get in all my Fluid just sipping. mesaucedo-are you saying I can chug? I thougth I could only take about 4 oz at a time because that's what my nut said.

Whether I sip or chug, my tummy doesn't like it!!!!!!! The only thing I can drink in a single sitting with some quantity to is chicken broth. I can't live off of that. I haven't had Protein in 2 days because I have been so sick and I almost passed out yesterday due to dehydration!!!!!!! I need help!

It all gets better with time........sips get a little bigger and the thirst quench will be much easier.

Me too. I can take normal drinks now, at 12 days out. I have to watch how much I do at once, because more than 4 oz or so and it feels like it's backing up my throat. No problem drinking normally though. I do miss chugging down 20 oz of Water though. Insta hydration! It'll take better planning this summer for sure to stay hyrated during exercise.

Try hot herbal tea with flavored protien shots and Splenda or stevia. A little Protein is better than none.

Chugging is the single behavior I was most concerned about tackling with my sleeve. Through my band I'd already made the food choices, adjusted to small quantities, got the chewing down, and I'm realizing I can even pick up on some stop signs (I don't get soft stops, but I can tell when I need to give it a rest).

There were very times over the years I had my band when I couldn't chug. In fact, the night before surgery at about 11:50 I chugged a "celebratory" bottle of Water, just to say good bye. I've never, ever been a sipper.

So far so good, but I'm still at the tiny sips/ice chips stage. I do remember chugging fondly, though. :)

Okay, I know they tell you not to BUT nothing changes and not a problem for anybody I have seen/heard. Try using a straw! Helped me tremendously.