Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Where Are My April 2012 Sleevers?

I weighed today and I am now on a 4 week stall even gained a 5 lbs idk why. I eat right , do what I need to. total loss since surgery is at 13lbs. Any suggestions? I am in total awe , it seems my sleeve is broke :(

Keep on keeping on...it will come off. Someone else said they had to walk three miles a day to bust their stall. I just woke up one day and had lost ten pounds from the day before. Plus, it looks to me like you have lost a lot of weight, so your body is still probably freaking out from the surgery. Try just a straight low-carb diet for a few days and see if that helps. I stay away from sugar, but I have found that seafood sits pretty well. And I have also found if I don't get in my Water, I will stall. Try giving up one thing, like something Splenda laden. I have found that Crystal Lite will stall me if I drink too much...but since my surgery, I love water - with lots of lemon juice...don't know why, because I never liked water.

Hey everyone, it's been a while since I posted on here but I'm still around. I've been walking about 2 miles a day on most days, sometimes I skip the walking thing when I've done alot of walking throughout the day. the scale has been bouncing around alot, kind of like two steps forward and one step back type of thing, I'm loosing overall though. one thing I've found is that if I eat anything with too much salt in it on one day, I can guarantee you I'll be up a couple pounds the next day, then if I'm carefull with the salt intake that two pounds and a couple more come back off. I have also experianced some changes in my tastes, I cannot tolerate sour cream any more, used to love it now it makes me sick. also, pre-op I had gotten used to making shakes with whey protien powder, now they make me sick. I've been getting my protien on one kind of shake and then eating lots of tuna and chicken. I'm going to see the NUT this morning so that will be interesting, of all the people I have who are helping me, I like her the least, I think she used to teach pre-schoolers and it carries over to how she deals with adults, drives me insane.

Keep on loosing,

Helo-Tech

4/24 here too- I can eat more types of foods but I really don't know how much- I can eat a small veggie burger, an egg, a cup of yogurt, and and 3oz of tuna (each as a seperate meal not all at once lol). As long as I keep losing I am going to eat until I feel full, and keep up on the Water as best I can. I wouldn't worry about how much you're taking in, as long as you're gettin calories in and not hungry.

Down 24 lbs as of last week.. Really doing better- id like to stick to 2-3 lbs a week, but I'm happy with anything!!

Hi - Sleeved 4/23. I've noticed just this last week that I can eat a little more than I was. Instead of a half or 1 oz of chicken or beef, I can now eat 2 or 3 oz. I will have that with maybe 2 or 3 TBSP of potato or veg (canned and very soft). No fresh fruit or salad yet - which I really want! Fluids - ugh. Like others, I have to force myself to get them in to reach goal. Definitely the hardest thing right now.

Well, I have reached my second goal. This morning I was 289.6. So, I am now in the 280's. Yippie!! I also cleaned out my closet this weekend. I donated 3 garbage bags of clothes that I will never wear again. I also found a pair of size 24 shorts and I fit in them!! Ok, so the waist was a bit snug, but still, I could zip them and I could breath. LOL I will however wait another 5 to 10 pounds before I wear them though so that they are truly comfortable. I was wearing a size 32/34, so this was a major vitory for me. Now I am so glad that I saved all my clothes that were too small for me. They are now coming in very handy as I don't have many funds for new or even used clothes from the thrift shop. So, all in all, it was a good week and weekend this past week. Oh, I also found some low calorie Gator Aide that is lower in sugar than the regular stuff. It has been much easier to get down than plain Water and sat well in my sleeve as well. Heart flutters are much better too. I think my electrolytes/potassium where off. I did email my doctor though, so still getting it checked out.

Looking forward to another wonderful week with my sleeve. Best wishes to you all.

I weighed today and I am now on a 4 week stall even gained a 5 lbs idk why. I eat right , do what I need to. total loss since surgery is at 13lbs. Any suggestions? I am in total awe , it seems my sleeve is broke :(

What a bummer! That must be so demotivating. Have you logged your Protein? How many grams are you getting a day? I thought my NUT was crazy when she suggested I get 80 grams/day, but if I get close to that, the weight just keeps disappearing. If your body isn't getting enough protein, it think it's starving and refuses to let go of anything.

I'm going to see the NUT this morning so that will be interesting, of all the people I have who are helping me, I like her the least, I think she used to teach pre-schoolers and it carries over to how she deals with adults, drives me insane.

I agree! Hmm...maybe we have the same NUT? I tried to like her, I really did. I thought maybe my dislike stemmed from her being crazy skinny, but I think it's the baby voice she uses when she talks to our group. Like we are 3 year olds and have to be taught to keep our hands out of the cookie jar. And the best way to teach us is using a very slow, baby bear voice. Makes me want to stuff her in my purse (she'd fit!) and hide her somewhere.

What a bummer! That must be so demotivating. Have you logged your Protein? How many grams are you getting a day? I thought my NUT was crazy when she suggested I get 80 grams/day, but if I get close to that, the weight just keeps disappearing. If your body isn't getting enough protein, it think it's starving and refuses to let go of anything.

. my doc said to get about 50 grams of protein a day . I am getting that fine a few days i do get about 60-80 depending on what i eat. wonder if i need more ?

okay, wait a minute. I just saw your ticker and you're already down 86 pounds! Maybe your body needs some time to adjust to that loss before it wants to shrink any more? (that's awesome, btw, congrats!)

I can't get in all that Protein without at least two shakes so I make sure I'm mixing my Protein Powder with sugar free drinks so there aren't extra calories that aren't protein. I can do two scoops Unjury strawberry sorbet with crystal light so it's only 200 calories and 40 grams of protein. Some of those Protein Drinks are more like milkshakes!

I guess if what you're doing isn't working, mix it up. Add more calories, cut some calories. shake up what your body expects.

okay, wait a minute. I just saw your ticker and you're already down 86 pounds! Maybe your body needs some time to adjust to that loss before it wants to shrink any more? (that's awesome, btw, congrats!)

I can't get in all that Protein without at least two shakes so I make sure I'm mixing my protein powder with sugar free drinks so there aren't extra calories that aren't protein. I can do two scoops Unjury strawberry sorbet with crystal light so it's only 200 calories and 40 grams of protein. Some of those protein drinks are more like milkshakes!

I guess if what you're doing isn't working, mix it up. Add more calories, cut some calories. shake up what your body expects.

I can't get in all that protein without at least two shakes so I make sure I'm mixing my protein powder with sugar free drinks so there aren't extra calories that aren't protein. I can do two scoops unjury strawberry sorbet with crystal light so it's only 200 calories and 40 grams of protein. Some of those protein drinks are more like milkshakes!

I guess if what you're doing isn't working, mix it up. Add more calories, cut some calories. Shake up what your body expects.

The funny thing is i lost 73lbs before surgery . I been adding the Isopure unflavored to everything i drink not to bad but that trully helps me reach my protein intake. Going to try a different approach this week and see how it goes, only going to eat fish and chicken and cardio for at least 60 minutes every day so hopefully by this time next week i will be down a pound or so lol

Hello everyone, have any sleevers eaten baked potato chips since being sleeved? I have such a craving for chips, but won't touch the regular chips. Please help! Also have anyone tried the fat free ice cream?

Yes, I actually tried regular chips, and they went down like nothing - very scary because I know I could have kept eating them and they didn't bother sleevie at all. Must be a "slider" for me! I haven't had fat free ice cream, but a couple bites of low fat ice cream, and that too was not a problem..... Maybe not the thing to tell you..... :ph34r:

Hello everyone' date=' have any sleevers eaten baked potato chips since being sleeved? I have such a craving for chips, but won't touch the regular chips. Please help! Also have anyone tried the fat free ice cream?[/quote']

I've tried some Ruffles and it didn't bother me but they tasted horrible :-). I haven't had fat free ice cream either, but I've eaten some dreyers double churned which is low fat and it was good and no issues either

Hello everyone, have any sleevers eaten baked potato chips since being sleeved? I have such a craving for chips, but won't touch the regular chips. Please help! Also have anyone tried the fat free ice cream?

I ate potato chips, real ones, and only had 5...they were so good. They tasted so potatoey...That was the only time. I think it was Mother's day...I have not had any ice cream....I have not eaten anything sweet, except some trail mix...oh, and I make iced coffee.< /p>

Yes, I tried them...baked Lays. They came back up on me. When I chew them they turn into potato powder and it was sort of Gummy. I think I reacted as if it was bread in there. Not good. I can eat and have had, three regular chips. Tasted good only sat so so. I just still am not doing well on anything that is dry and the least bit hard to digest. Any other mid April sleevers still struggling with food?