Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Where Are My April 2012 Sleevers?

Hi Everybody' date='

Just wanted to let every one know how things went. Wednesday, I got to the hospital at 8 a.m. to get prepped for surgery. They did a pregnancy test, blood sugar test, and started the IV. I met with some people operating nurse, ansteologist, etc., then the surgeon came in to get me. I had a complete break-down, but they were good about that. Had me laughing in about 5 minutes. Then I was out, don't remember anything until I woke up in the recovery room and I was very sick. My husband couldn't even come back to see me. So they gave me some meds and wheeled me up to my room. I slept the entire day and night. I woke up around 6 a.m. the next morning. The next morning, they did the leak test, YUK!! That stuff they make you swallow is disgusting. Anyway, my leak test came back good. They removed the cathetor and allowed me to drink. Water makes me very nauseated and gives me the dry heaves. So I have been staying away from water. Then I got released from the hospital around 5 p.m. yesterday. When I got home yesterday, I went straight to bed until this morning.

Today, I am feeling better. Having a bit more energy and I drank about 10 ounces of fluids today. I really don't have the gas pains that others are experiencing. I will get a little one, but then it will go away quickly. I do feel the gas moving around in there and my stomach is very bloated. I do feel nausea every once in a while, but that seems to be less now. I walk around and even took a shower today. I'm looking forward to the healing process. My main goal is to keep pushing fluids.[/quote']

So glad to hear from you and that you are out the other side. Think a melt-down just before surgery is vey common - a great time to get rid of those long time pent-up emotions:). So your journey begins... Keep posting and congratulations:)

I am now sitting in sun Tenerife for my last ever FAT holiday. To make matters worse despite slathering myself in Factor 50 I'm now large and very red! Getting waves of nerves, the 26th doesn't seem to be getting any nearer

M scheduled for my surgery April 26th and I was curious to see who else would be walking in the shoes of April with me. Tell me how you feeling? What's on your mind? Any worries? Second thoughts?

Hi Jimmy, your fellow 26th April sleever here. How are you coping? The 26th doesn't seem to be getting any nearer does? I'm on holiday with my family on the Spanish island of Tenerife at the moment. I am NEVER going to be this fat blob by the pool again (my Scottish skin is also right red from sunburn despite being lathered in Factor 50 Sunblock so I'm looking particularly attractive!!). I'm trying to start my healthy diet whilst here but I'm failing miserably:).

You got any pre-surgery jitters yet? It's strange being among the last to go isn't it, watching as one by one our fellow April sleevers join the loser's bench? It 'll soon be us:). Keep in touch. Alison

Day 2: the gas pains are minimal, but I think its from all the walking I did yesterday. My stomach is pretty sore... I had some issues with my iv clogging last night, so the nurse took it out and didn't put another one back in(she was the only one here and I guess she didnt know how?)so, I haven't had pain meds since around 9pm last night. Im also feeling a Lil dehydrated since the stuff wasnt pumping correctly thru my iv. I think I get ice chips today, which im excited about! Ive been sleeping off and on, but ots hard to get comfy.

Yeah, I had a hard time getting comfortable too. That's one of the reasons that I decided to go home rather than spend the second night in the hospital. The IV is a pain, another reason I wanted to get out of there. Good luck!

Feeling better today! I'm drinking a fuzzy naval Protein Drink and it is sitting very well. Going to get outside and try to do a little walk today. It's beautiful outside.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Welcome Sharonimo! Glad you're here. I'm getting sleeved 4/23 here in Michigan. Good luck to you!

Thanks again for all the news and updates. I love reading everyone's posts. liquid diet is getting closer.....

Day 3 post op update:

Woke up twice thru the nighht to get up and walk/sip sip sip and re-arrange my pillows. Pain is minimal at this point- its still incision pain... That and since they were glued together with Krazy Glue (yes....krazy glue) they are kinda itchy and stick to my t-shirt. Hoping to put neosporin on them tonight.

I have been able to get in about 50oz of Water and 45g of Protein. I drink the "Healthwise" brand and they have all kinds of flavors and in reallity, it tastes like drinking liquid jello! I think i am going to try thinned Tomato Soup with pro powder for dinner- this sweet stuff is getting old!

I got REALLY ambitious today and decided to take advantage of the 70 degree weather and go to the San Francisco zoo with hubby. I walked over 2 miles and felt OK- no pain- just really tired. Walking has been good for my gas and is helping aide with a BM. I dont have any nausea or vomiting yet and have a few esophogeal spasms (hiccups) that are irritating but I can deal. If they get too bad, my Dr. wrote me a script for a esophogial relaxant.

I go back to work on Monday and Im pretty sure I will be able to go back and do my job..... But im nervous about wearing professional attire and Spanx. In 7 years I have not walked out of my house without a girdle/spanx and i cant even fathom doing it.

I am so glad that i can share my experience with you all and you can be prepared for when its your turn!!!

-Kat

Spending my Easter Sunday on Clear Liquids. Then up bright and early on Monday to check in at the hospital! Excited and nervous. My surgery was moved up to 7:30 AM, so I have to be there by 5:30. Oh I am not a morning person! Who else is going Monday? I'll be thinking of you all!

Good luck madambones!

I am scheduled for April 16th. Still conflicted and scared. I feel like I shouldn't risk a major surgery that isn't 'necessary'. Although, if I don't lose this weight and keep it off, I will have health problems later in life that will make the surgery worth it. I am really having a tough time with this and I need to get to a better place soon.

I understand how you feel cnl. My surgery is scheduled for April 19, but I have been stuffing my face as if I don't care if I gain weight before my surgery. I know I'm scared and very nervous. I just don't know if I'm in the right frame of mind to do this. This is a total life change. I got 11 more days to really commit.

I am scheduled for April 16th. Still conflicted and scared. I feel like I shouldn't risk a major surgery that isn't 'necessary'. Although' date=' if I don't lose this weight and keep it off, I will have health problems later in life that will make the surgery worth it. I am really having a tough time with this and I need to get to a better place soon.[/quote']

Whoa, Slow down and take a deep breath...

We are all in this together, trust I know the anxiety you're feeling and the doubt and fear that comes with a major life changing decision like this one.

From what I read, I see that you're more focused on the negative and not so much on the positive points of view. Well, that's why we are all here for.

Yes, this is a major surgery, but there IS a way to tell whether it's necessary for YOU or not.

1. Is it really easy for YOU to lose all that weight AND keep it off with the sheer power of your own without assistance?

2. Can you live with the decision of not going through with the surgery later down the line if you fail to lose the weight?

3. Can you suppress your appetite on you own accord?

4. Will you be happier without going through with the surgery?

5. Are you willing to risk a healthier lifestyle for one that is associated with obesity?

I only ask because these are the questions I pose to myself every hr of everyday and if your answer is NO to all of these questions, then you can say that is a neccessity...

I have a lot more questions but these are my motivators.

@madambones, I'm scheduled for Monday as well. Good luck!

Sent from my iPad using VST

Hi Jimmy' date=' your fellow 26th April sleever here. How are you coping? The 26th doesn't seem to be getting any nearer does? I'm on holiday with my family on the Spanish island of Tenerife at the moment. I am NEVER going to be this fat blob by the pool again (my Scottish skin is also right red from sunburn despite being lathered in Factor 50 Sunblock so I'm looking particularly attractive!!). I'm trying to start my healthy diet whilst here but I'm failing miserably:).

You got any pre-surgery jitters yet? It's strange being among the last to go isn't it, watching as one by one our fellow April sleevers join the loser's bench? It 'll soon be us:). Keep in touch. Alison[/quote']

Hi Alison, I'm actually more excited then most people to be honest lol.

Yeah the days are passing by slow but I call them funeral days so I enjoy them as muh as possible because after surgery there will be a new and actively progressing me. No Pre-surgery jitters, yet, but I guess I won't feel any of that until I'm actually on the table and things start to feel surreal lol.

To answer your question on whether it feels strange to be the last to cross over to the losers bench, I can honestly tell you it's very fitting for me because when my surgeon asked me, "what day do you want to have the surgery on? 4/1? 4/7? 4/18? Or 4/26th?" I chose the latter, because it will land on the same day I decided to make up my mind, in 2011, to go through with the surgery :)... It will be my one year anniversary on my fight against obesity lol

I hope your vacay is going great with the family!!! My next vacay will be in August, I'm going on a huge family reunion cruise so it should be amazing.

Day 3 post op update:

Woke up twice thru the nighht to get up and walk/sip sip sip and re-arrange my pillows. Pain is minimal at this point- its still incision pain... That and since they were glued together with Krazy Glue (yes....krazy glue) they are kinda itchy and stick to my t-shirt. Hoping to put neosporin on them tonight.

I have been able to get in about 50oz of Water and 45g of Protein. I drink the "Healthwise" brand and they have all kinds of flavors and in reallity' date=' it tastes like drinking liquid jello! I think i am going to try thinned Tomato Soup with pro powder for dinner- this sweet stuff is getting old!

I got REALLY ambitious today and decided to take advantage of the 70 degree weather and go to the San Francisco zoo with hubby. I walked over 2 miles and felt OK- no pain- just really tired. Walking has been good for my gas and is helping aide with a BM. I dont have any nausea or vomiting yet and have a few esophogeal spasms (hiccups) that are irritating but I can deal. If they get too bad, my Dr. wrote me a script for a esophogial relaxant.

I go back to work on Monday and Im pretty sure I will be able to go back and do my job..... But im nervous about wearing professional attire and Spanx. In 7 years I have not walked out of my house without a girdle/spanx and i cant even fathom doing it.

I am so glad that i can share my experience with you all and you can be prepared for when its your turn!!!

-Kat

[/quote']

Keep it up!!! We are all cheering for your success!