Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Where Are My April 2012 Sleevers?

Tomorrow! Tomorrow! My sleeve is tomorrow, Its only a dayyyy aaaaawwaaaayyyy! (thanksAnnie). I cant believe my new book on life begins in 25hours (the Dr pushed it back until 10am). I am soooo freakin excited. I cant stop cheesing!. Thank you April sleevers for all of your info.

That is great!! Best of luck tomorrow . . . you'll do great! Keep us posted.

ps now that song is stuck in my head :D

That is great!! Best of luck tomorrow . . . you'll do great! Keep us posted.

ps now that song is stuck in my head :D

Best of luck from me as well THYCK747. Too funny on the song as I was thinking the same thing when I read that. LOL

Having a rough night. Gas is not being released, one of my insision isn't dating closed and everytime I get up to walk. I look like a crimes been committed!

So sorry you are having a rough time of it. I sure hope it gets better soon. Sending you a very soft cyber hug. Hang in there. My thoughts are with you.

Still in a lot of stomach pain! My stomach cramps up but then doesn't release!!!! I'm walking a lot. But gas isntmovi g much. Can't sit up or Down on my own! I one ofmy Insisions pop open. 4 timeslastnight and o today. Dr had to suture it. When will this end!!!!! Can't cry because my stomach cramps!!!! Huge regret right now!!!!

Still in a lot of stomach pain! My stomach cramps up but then doesn't release!!!! I'm walking a lot. But gas isntmovi g much. Can't sit up or Down on my own! I one ofmy Insisions pop open. 4 timeslastnight and o today. Dr had to suture it. When will this end!!!!! Can't cry because my stomach cramps!!!! Huge regret right now!!!!

I hope things get better for you quickly!! Sending hugs your way!

Tommorow is the big day for me, 4/12!!! So ready to rock and roll and get this over and done with. I just hope they dope me up really well so I don't even know what hit me until its all over...lol :)

I'm ok, madambones, how about you? Was released from the hospital early this afternoon, SO glad to be home. I feel like I just performed a bazillion ab crunches, but very little actual pain. I took maybe six doses of the morphine drip from yesterday thru early this morning, mostly so I could sleep. Had half a dose of liquid Tylenol with codeine when we got home. Some gas pains but that is subsiding a little. I thought I was starving earlier, but I'm pretty sure it was gas bubbles. New tummy has not hesitated to make some noise when I drink anything. Had ice chips and three 1 ounce thimbles of chicken broth in hospital, another two ounces of broth and some Crystal Light since coming home. Now sipping some ginger tea. Tomorrow I can start full liquids and Protein Drinks. Walked several times in the hospital, but I was the only one walking amongst the other bariatric patients. Guess they haven't been reading this board.

Still sleepy and taking lots of catnaps.

How is everyone else doing?

Sent from my iPad using VST

Whoozis, I've read that ginger tea is a great way to get rid of nausea in chemotherapy patients so I plan on trying it but I read the ingredients on the YOGI brand of ginger tea and it said it also contained black pepper which I worried might be too much for my new tummy. Can you tell me what brand you are drinking since its seems that you are tolerating it well? :)

Oh Arj1016 - I feel so sorry for you! I know that you are feeling regret, but the fact remains, you have made it to the other side. Hang in there sister, and I know what you are going through will soon be just a bad memory on an otherwise great trip!! Be strong!

Oh Arj1016 - I feel so sorry for you! I know that you are feeling regret' date=' but the fact remains, you have made it to the other side. Hang in there sister, and I know what you are going through will soon be just a bad memory on an otherwise great trip!! Be strong![/quote']

I am going try to sleep and look forward to tomorrow. I am allowed a bad day then it's time

to move on! Eye on the prize! Thanks for your support!!!!!!

Having a rough night. Gas is not being released, one of my insision isn't dating closed and everytime I get up to walk. I look like a crimes been committed! Haven't had gas exit my body at all from either end. When I try to walk I bleed right down my legs and all over my gown and socks. What a mess. Good news is that my nurses are super great! Wish they would let me try gasx strips. Did I mention Constipation? Eye on the prize. Eye on the prize! Hope the rest of you are doing well!

feel better. Give it a few days. it gets better

@slimthickens, I have Tazo Organic Spicy Ginger Caffeine Free tea. It has a little bite to it when fully steeped, but don't be deterred by "spicy" in the name. To avoid overdoing it this early, I only let it steep for a minute or so. I've used ginger for years to combat unhappy tummy, usually chewing a piece of Trader Joe's candied ginger helps tremendously (although that stuff can really be spicy). Since I won't be having candied ginger for a long time, the tea will have to suffice. Having said that, I've had no nausea at all since surgery.

I just found this thread. I'm being sleeved on the 28th. I start my 2 weeks of liquids this Friday. I started getting my nervous stomach today so it's setting in that yes, I am going to do this!

@slimthickens' date=' I have Tazo Organic Spicy Ginger Caffeine Free tea. It has a little bite to it when fully steeped, but don't be deterred by "spicy" in the name. To avoid overdoing it this early, I only let it steep for a minute or so. I've used ginger for years to combat unhappy tummy, usually chewing a piece of Trader Joe's candied ginger helps tremendously (although that stuff can really be spicy). Since I won't be having candied ginger for a long time, the tea will have to suffice. Having said that, I've had no nausea at all since surgery.

Sent from my iPad using VST[/quote']

Oh great, I will start on the tea now and have it for after. I drink the tazo green tea also. Thanks for the info!

@slimthickens, I have Tazo Organic Spicy Ginger Caffeine Free tea. It has a little bite to it when fully steeped, but don't be deterred by "spicy" in the name. To avoid overdoing it this early, I only let it steep for a minute or so. I've used ginger for years to combat unhappy tummy, usually chewing a piece of Trader Joe's candied ginger helps tremendously (although that stuff can really be spicy). Since I won't be having candied ginger for a long time, the tea will have to suffice. Having said that, I've had no nausea at all since surgery.

Thanks so much for sharing this infor with me. I'll be picking up a box for my recovery for sure! I too have always used ginger tea when feeling nauseous but have always drank the Yogi brand. I'm relieved to know that It most likely will not hurt my new tummy....thanks again! :)

Today's the big day. Ready to get this over with! Praying that my surgery and recovery will go well. Post more after surgery :)Good luck to everyone else who is having surgery today! You are in my thoughts and prayers.