Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Class Of 2010 Where Are You? And How Ya Doing?

I'm looking for those sleeved in 2010 and just wondering how you are doing?

I was sleeved August of 2010 and feeling GREAT! It blows my mind when I think about my previous peak weight of 234 and where I am today. It's surreal. My lowest weight reached is 144.7 and I continue to bounce back and forth 4-5 lbs these last 10 months in maintenance.

This year I have already completed my New Years resolution of a 5K and this is the year of exercise for me (FINALLY). I have committed to 6 days a week M-Sat (5 days at the gym and 1 day outdoor activity).

Another awesome thing, is that I have finally LET GO of that darn scale and weigh in weekly, which is a MIRACLE for me. I use to weigh in 2 to 3, and even 4 times a day.

I pray all of you are doing well :)

I was sleeved 12/21/2010. Over all I have lost 103 lbs, which fluctuates 3-5 lbs. Im happy healthy and do not regret my decision.

Finally...I was starting to think, I am the only one left here??? LOL

That is awesome Michelle! CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Me too, me too... sleeved July 2010... but my friend, you know my story soooo well, cos you've cheered me on and cheered me up all the way!

Still fighting to get to that damn goal weight, but I will get there cos I have this place to keep me focused!

But hey, 73lb gone and in a UK14... that ain't too shoddy!! x

I'm here from the class of 2010!!! Boy, what an journey!!!!! The amazing weight loss (from 306 - 176), lifestyle changes, eating differently, loss of friendships, image issues ( I still "see" a larger person on some days) and separation anxieties, it has been LIFE changing!!! I would not change a thing!!!! Lovin life and just trying now having my head catch up w all that has occurred!!! Blessings to everyone as we truly live a healthy more concious life to the fullest!!!!!

Sleeved Sept. 2010. Surgery changed my direction of life and I have no regrets besides the standard "wish I had done this sooner" which is so true! Stairs do not scare me, my joints feel better, food is no longer my enemy, the self hatred cycle is gone,and I no longer beat myself up for not being able to master my volume eating.

Yes, I hit goal quickly by being a trooper and sticking to the diet plan like sleeve surgery was my last hope in under six months. Now I am fairly steady within 4-5 pounds of personal goal weight.

If you are considering sleeve and are serious about follwing a a new way of eating, go for the sleeve. Yes, I struggled and there were times I cried during the VSG journey. Sleeve is as must mental changes as physical changes. Wish I had listened more at seminar and gotten more involved prior to surgery. I went in so naive but blessed to have a great support group here. Thank you VST friends past, present and future.

Sleeved January 27, 2010. Still working on the last little bit of baby and holiday weight ... but doing very well!!!!! 131.8 this morning so almost back to the top of my "bounce" allowance.

Dec 6, 2010

Well, I am glad you posted this Sophia because I was starting to think so many of those who I joined this journey with are gone living their life no doubt but too busy to stop in and say hey. I think I am finally at a good spot. I went from 226.5 at my highest and 110 at my lowest (after a stomach flu). I have settled at 120 give or take a few. My personal goal was 135 but that seems to high now that I have been here for months. I still struggle with my scale and freaking OUT when it goes up, but then releived when it goes back down. I "feel" more hungry these days and crave sweets (but dont eat them). I try to eat a Jello salad I have come up with to help and sf fudge pops to help with the craving.

One of the main reasons I choose this surgery was so that I could eat anything after I got to goal. You know what I mean, it's on so many posts here. Eat anything, just smaller portions. Something happened to me. During my losing stage I decided I just want to eat what I need and not eat because it sounds good or will taste good. And I think I am still frightened that I will fall into the slippery slope and end up eating junk all the time or worse gain weight back! I eat a lot of crackers and cheese or pb but I do not eat sweets or fried foods or even anything that has more than 7 grams of sugar (not because it makes me sick, but that was my goal while losing) I know I have some issues to work on but I am so happy where I am.

Went from a size 20 to a 4 and sometimes a 2! Size 2XL top- small.

Went from a shy, anxious, cautious stay at home (in my home) mom growing old way before my 40s to a more confident, very active, positive, president of our Christian Women's group, loving being a mommy...younger women still in her mid 30's Who can not only keep up with my Marine~ but occasionally keep him running after me!

Blessings to all you 2010s!!1 Dont disapear, I still need you guys:)

I'm looking for those sleeved in 2010 and just wondering how you are doing?

I was sleeved August of 2010 and feeling GREAT! It blows my mind when I think about my previous peak weight of 234 and where I am today. It's surreal. My lowest weight reached is 144.7 and I continue to bounce back and forth 4-5 lbs these last 10 months in maintenance.

This year I have already completed my New Years resolution of a 5K and this is the year of exercise for me (FINALLY). I have committed to 6 days a week M-Sat (5 days at the gym and 1 day outdoor activity).

Another awesome thing, is that I have finally LET GO of that darn scale and weigh in weekly, which is a MIRACLE for me. I use to weigh in 2 to 3, and even 4 times a day.

I pray all of you are doing well :)

Thank you S, sooo much for this thread! Sometimes it felt like there are only 2 or 3 of us who maintain a constant here who were sleeved in 2010. I'm so grateful to see all of you!! Not sure where I was when this thread was first started, but heck, better late than never right?

Congrats on your 5K!! Amazing feeling isn't it? I haven't done one in almost 8 months now, taking time to heal from this or that - then all my personal drama going on in the last few months! But I'm doing the Komen run here in May, and I'm really looking forward to it.

Hugs sweetie!! :wub:

I was sleeved 12/21/2010. Over all I have lost 103 lbs, which fluctuates 3-5 lbs. Im happy healthy and do not regret my decision.

Hi Michelle, long time no see! It sounds like you've been doing great! Congrats!

Me too, me too... sleeved July 2010... but my friend, you know my story soooo well, cos you've cheered me on and cheered me up all the way!

Still fighting to get to that damn goal weight, but I will get there cos I have this place to keep me focused!

But hey, 73lb gone and in a UK14... that ain't too shoddy!! x

Girlie you rock and you know it!! ;) Big hugs!!

Sleeved Sept. 2010. Surgery changed my direction of life and I have no regrets besides the standard "wish I had done this sooner" which is so true! Stairs do not scare me, my joints feel better, food is no longer my enemy, the self hatred cycle is gone,and I no longer beat myself up for not being able to master my volume eating.

Yes, I hit goal quickly by being a trooper and sticking to the diet plan like sleeve surgery was my last hope in under six months. Now I am fairly steady within 4-5 pounds of personal goal weight.

If you are considering sleeve and are serious about follwing a a new way of eating, go for the sleeve. Yes, I struggled and there were times I cried during the VSG journey. Sleeve is as must mental changes as physical changes. Wish I had listened more at seminar and gotten more involved prior to surgery. I went in so naive but blessed to have a great support group here. Thank you VST friends past, present and future.

You have always been a strong voice of reason here, and I whole heartedly thank YOU for all you've done for me and so many others. I know you've talked me down from the ledge several times. Xoxo!!

Dec 6, 2010

Well, I am glad you posted this Sophia because I was starting to think so many of those who I joined this journey with are gone living their life no doubt but too busy to stop in and say hey. I think I am finally at a good spot. I went from 226.5 at my highest and 110 at my lowest (after a stomach flu). I have settled at 120 give or take a few. My personal goal was 135 but that seems to high now that I have been here for months. I still struggle with my scale and freaking OUT when it goes up, but then releived when it goes back down. I "feel" more hungry these days and crave sweets (but dont eat them). I try to eat a Jello salad I have come up with to help and sf fudge pops to help with the craving.

One of the main reasons I choose this surgery was so that I could eat anything after I got to goal. You know what I mean, it's on so many posts here. Eat anything, just smaller portions. Something happened to me. During my losing stage I decided I just want to eat what I need and not eat because it sounds good or will taste good. And I think I am still frightened that I will fall into the slippery slope and end up eating junk all the time or worse gain weight back! I eat a lot of crackers and cheese or pb but I do not eat sweets or fried foods or even anything that has more than 7 grams of sugar (not because it makes me sick, but that was my goal while losing) I know I have some issues to work on but I am so happy where I am.

Went from a size 20 to a 4 and sometimes a 2! Size 2XL top- small.

Went from a shy, anxious, cautious stay at home (in my home) mom growing old way before my 40s to a more confident, very active, positive, president of our Christian Women's group, loving being a mommy...younger women still in her mid 30's Who can not only keep up with my Marine~ but occasionally keep him running after me!

Blessings to all you 2010s!!1 Dont disapear, I still need you guys:)

You are so tiny!! Hunny I know you rocked your sleeve, GREAT JOB!!! I need you and all you other long timers too. It's fun helping out the new sleevers, but it also nice to cut it up with the long timers too. :)

June 2011, but I follow you all like a hawk........so nice to hear all your stories of ups and downs and just to follow your journeys to see how mine might be as well......keep up the great work ladies :)

Sleeved 12/6/2010 down 170 pounds and look and feel great. Been exercising a lot by swimming 4-5 times a week. I too hover around the 200-205 mark seemingly never will get below 200. BMI is 27 so I'm technically not THAT over weight. Still a far cry better than 385 #s I was a year and a half ago.

Cheers to all of you!!! Class of 2010 :) yayyyy!

How did I miss this? Anyway, Aug. 2010 here and doing great. I had a funny moment today - I posted a picture of a cake I ate (without saying I only ate 1/4 of the slice!) on Facebook and a friend from the gym was like, "OMG, how do you eat all this stuff and stay so cut?" I just said, "I eat whatever I want....just in small amounts." People are jealous and it feels kinda good! :P

I was sleeved July 15, 2010. My highest ever weight was somewhere around 280 but when I had surgery I was 242 pounds. My weight is usually between 134-138 and I'm fairly happy there. I'm currently experiencing some other issues so I'm concerned about putting on more weight but I think if I stay on top of it I'll be able to control things. I started in a very snug 18/20, XXL and I'm in a 4/6, S (sometimes XS, sometimes M, so it's all relative) so I cannot possibly complain.

I had really hoped to lose just a little more weight with surgery, despite the fact that somewhere in the 150s I started to realize that it wasn't going to happen very easily. I'm very short and really should lose a few more pounds to be safely in the "normal" weight range. Right now I'm on the edge of overweight. That said, I know I'm having plastics when I get back to the states and I know my weight will be right where I want it once those are done. I'm sure that if I really buckled down and put on my patience cap I could lose the weight before then, but I'm worried about looking too thin and bony after plastics if I do that. Honestly - I really am very small under all this extra skin and if bones poke up all over the place now I can't imagine I'd be very happy fifteen to twenty pounds smaller. Not to mention my poor husband, who was disappointed I chose to get so small in the first place!

I think the biggest surprise for me was how EASY this all has been. I hate to say the sleeve is a magical solution, because it's really not. But once I got a handle on my food issues and worked them out it became almost effortless for me to lose and maintenance has really been an absolute breeze. I feel like if more people doing VSG would do all the head work while losing, they'd have a much easier time maintaining. Learning to eat like a regular person was a challenge and yes, sometimes I do have to stay on my toes so it won't get out of control. But I'm so glad I got it all figured out and don't have to weigh daily or track my calories every day. I weigh in once a week and only hop on the scale every day if I notice an upward trend (like currently, with my hormone issues). I log my food about four days in a row each month just to be sure I'm still in the right range. It works for me.

I'm very happy these days and a totally different woman than I was just 20.5 months ago. I would do it again in a heartbeat and I don't think I'll ever really regret choosing surgery.

I'm glad all of the other 2010 sleevers are also doing so well! There aren't many of us around here. It's easy for me to disappear for weeks on end because yes, once you stop needing support it's easy to forget to come back here to help the new folks.

You guys all look fantastic, by the way. :)

~Cheri

I was sleeved July 15, 2010. My highest ever weight was somewhere around 280 but when I had surgery I was 242 pounds. My weight is usually between 134-138 and I'm fairly happy there. I'm currently experiencing some other issues so I'm concerned about putting on more weight but I think if I stay on top of it I'll be able to control things. I started in a very snug 18/20, XXL and I'm in a 4/6, S (sometimes XS, sometimes M, so it's all relative) so I cannot possibly complain.

I had really hoped to lose just a little more weight with surgery, despite the fact that somewhere in the 150s I started to realize that it wasn't going to happen very easily. I'm very short and really should lose a few more pounds to be safely in the "normal" weight range. Right now I'm on the edge of overweight. That said, I know I'm having plastics when I get back to the states and I know my weight will be right where I want it once those are done. I'm sure that if I really buckled down and put on my patience cap I could lose the weight before then, but I'm worried about looking too thin and bony after plastics if I do that. Honestly - I really am very small under all this extra skin and if bones poke up all over the place now I can't imagine I'd be very happy fifteen to twenty pounds smaller. Not to mention my poor husband, who was disappointed I chose to get so small in the first place!

I think the biggest surprise for me was how EASY this all has been. I hate to say the sleeve is a magical solution, because it's really not. But once I got a handle on my food issues and worked them out it became almost effortless for me to lose and maintenance has really been an absolute breeze. I feel like if more people doing VSG would do all the head work while losing, they'd have a much easier time maintaining. Learning to eat like a regular person was a challenge and yes, sometimes I do have to stay on my toes so it won't get out of control. But I'm so glad I got it all figured out and don't have to weigh daily or track my calories every day. I weigh in once a week and only hop on the scale every day if I notice an upward trend (like currently, with my hormone issues). I log my food about four days in a row each month just to be sure I'm still in the right range. It works for me.

I'm very happy these days and a totally different woman than I was just 20.5 months ago. I would do it again in a heartbeat and I don't think I'll ever really regret choosing surgery.

I'm glad all of the other 2010 sleevers are also doing so well! There aren't many of us around here. It's easy for me to disappear for weeks on end because yes, once you stop needing support it's easy to forget to come back here to help the new folks.

You guys all look fantastic, by the way. :)

~Cheri

Hi clk,

just wondering if you are having a baby. i was sleeved around the same time as you (july 1st 2010 at 242lbs, size 22/lane bryant) and i went down to 169/medium before i got preg. i had my baby 2mths ago at 200 but am down to 174lbs/still medium and sometimes even small now....some days i get scared of going back to where i used to be but when i remember everything that i had gone through in the past 17mths, i wont change a thing......i'll have the surgery all over again if i have to.