Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December 2011 Sleevers Update

I just want to know how everyone is doing and how much weight have you lost? What stage post-op diet are you on? Have you started exercising? Just share how your experience has been so far. Let’s catch up :).

I will go first; I have lost 40lbs in 8 weeks. I still drink two Protein Shakes a day and I am trying to stick to my low carb high Protein diet. I am still experimenting with foods and can’t eat any fried foods or carbs they don’t go down well. This is a good thing lol. I joined the gym and work out now 4-5 days a week and have dropped 3 dress sizes. I feel great and have a lot of energy.

I am doing well, I know I am down more than 30lbs but I don’t know exactly because I only weigh with my doctors, but I should know more after Friday because I have a visit then. I am down 2-3 sizes, I can get into most 20’s without much pulling and pinching. I am slowly working on the exercise. I started Water aerobics this weekend and I will be doing yoga as well. I feel amazing like I am coming back to life again. My eating is going well during the week but on the weekends I find that there is too much down time for me to want to graze so I have to work on a plan to keep me in place, other than that I am thankful that I can’t over do it, and really happy with my sleeve.

12/26/2011- I am down over 40 pounds BUT have not lost in 2 or 3 days :( I am eating regular foods but quickly finding out that BREADS are not cool! I walk and do cardio work outs as well. I am having some issues lately with nausea, swelling in my legs, and terrible head aches. But, in general, I am great. Loving that I can actually DRINK Water now...now take little woodland creature sips!

Oh...and Protein STILL sucks :)

I haven't weighed myself in 2-3 weeks but can now fit in size 18 pants. Before they were kinda tight and wouldn't zip up. Now, they fit like a glove! I haven't fit into this size since jr. high school. I'm so happy! I never eat bread and am very strict on carbs. I did eat a small piece of cake for a birthday and a cookie at this superbowl party. I couldn't believe I ate it and felt so guilty afterward. I haven't been eating gluten or processed sugar so imagine my surprise when I got a sick lethargic feeling afterward. I think I may have lost 50 lbs including the pre op diet but will know for sure when I weigh myself tonight.

I have been feeling kind of down about my progress. I was sleeved on Dec. 5 and have only lost 23 lbs. I am eating reg. foods but limited amts. I still drink 1-2 Protein Drinks a day. I hardly ever get 64 oz. of Water in a day.(This has been difficult for me to do.) I am greatful for what I have lost so far but when I see people who have lost 30 to 40 lbs. in the same time frame, I realize that my wt. loss is slow. I can't seem to get below 200lbs. I have increased my excercise level this week, and paying closer attention to what I am eating. Any ideas?

I'm a little bombed as well.. I've lost 22-24 pounds since surgery...(12/19/11)... but I feel great...I'm 24/26 from 28/30 and my back doesn't hurt as much...

I'm trying hard not to compare my progress to others, since we all have different journeys... I lost 17 pounds two weeks after surgery.. so it's been very slow for me... I'm trying to get all my Protein and Water in this week, while keeping carbs low..

I walk, but not much else is way of exercise.. i'll be ramping that up as soon as I'm over this sinus infection.. Prayerfully weightloss will kick in!!!

I am down 30 pounds since my surgery on Dec 11. I have been sort of stuck for the past 2 weeks. I am still doing some Protein Shakes and eating lots of Protein. I have had a lot of stress lately as I have been applying for a job but hear nothing after the interviews. This has caused me to feel a bit down and I seem not to be getting as much exercise as I was previously. I know that this is my fault as I just have a hard time getting up and off to the gym. I seem to make excuses to myself....I know.

I also seem to get the urge to eat just as when I was depressed in the years past. It is not that I am eating candy, cake or sweets but I find myself getting up in the evening after supper getting something to eat....string cheese etc. I know that these are calories that I do not eat but can not seem to get myself out of this funk.

Sleeved Dec 5. Down 30 lbs. I measured myself on 12/30 and then again a few days ago, lost 6 3/4 inches in the last month! Really wish I would have measured on surgery day.

I am FINALLY in the onderlands! Weighed in at 199.4 on Sunday.

Pants from a 22 to 16+- ..Depending on the day. Shirts from 1&2 X shirts to XL.

My rings spin on my fingers, my fave ring falls off.

I am losing about 1-3 lbs a week. That's OK, as long as I am LOSING! I see others that have lost 40+ and I wonder what I am not doing right, but I think my weight loss is pretty steady, so I am happy.

Eating Protein and veggies. No carbs. Every once in a while I will have a bite of carbs, but that's about it. No sweets. Sleevie doesn't like it. NO Protein shakes, I don't like them!

My work out schedule is not very regular. 1 hour of cardio and weights when I do work out.

Hey there. We're in the December 2011 group too, so some updates there, but in general for me-

down from 24/26 and 3x/4x to size 18 and size 2x tops.

I have lost about 25 lbs since surgery, combined with 35 lbs preop, I'm down almost 60 pounds total, with another 70 left to go.

I am wearing my original wedding rings as of 2-3 weeks out, which I hadn't worn for ages. Anniversary ring has fallen off and waiting to be resized.

I went from needing an extender on an airplane, to having about 4-5 extra inches on a regular belt to pull tight.

My diabetes is probably gone, but my primary won't declare it officially gone until I've had an a1c with three months on solid foods, but i haven't taken diabetes meds since surgery, and my fasting and pre/post blood sugar tests I've done have all been those of a "normal' person. yay!

What else....knees don't hurt nearly as much anymore.

I apparently have a sleeve of steel because I have not had any nausea or vomiting since being sleeved. I started trying to exercise regularly last week and that is my big focus, along with staying focused on Protein and Water before anything else makes it in.

3 years ago I brought a pair of GAP Long & Lean jeans in size 20 without trying them on because I hated trying on stuff and going to the fitting room, I was so disappointed when I got home and I couldn’t get them ½ up. This was a turning point for me; this is when I started thinking of WLS. Today 10 weeks post op I am wearing them to work. I am so happy for this NSV!

DOS 12/1/12 287

CW 2/10/12 249

Down 38lbs

I had surgery December 15, 2011. I have lost 30 pounds since surgery and 37 pounds total. I am active but have not started an exercise program yet. I am wearing a size 20 from a size 24. I can fit in some size 18's. I have lost a half shoe size, I went from a 10 to a 9 1/2. I guess I am a slower loser but its my fault for not exercising. I was exercising but I was so drained and fatigued for days afterwards I've stopped. I'm glad to see that everyone else has been doing well.

Shea,

It’s nice to see where everyone is in this group. I sometimes feel like I should be losing more but then again I am just so darn happy to be moving down instead of up in weight I can stand it! I am looking forward to the 18’s and if I can be in a 16 or 14 by my birthday at the end of April that would be out of this world! Keep up the good work, take the steps that you need to be successful!

OMG I am so glad i found this group, i was Sleeved on December 16 2011 and i lost 40 lbs since my surgery and 24 for my pre opp, so a total of 64, i like my clothing baggy but i am wearing 1x pant, and 2x top, and that is from 3x and 4x i am so excited. I was a Bad diabetic for years, and i took my last shot in the hospital and have not taken any more shots and pill since then, I went in to the Dr last month and he tells me i was no longer a diabetic. that was wonderful to hear.

i had been looking at different post and was starting to feel that maybe i was not doing so well by the looks from all your post i am right on track. i live in a real rule area and i am not able to go to support group so i come on to this sight a lot to look for all concerns.

I am able to walk for about an hour now and not be so tired, i am able to do so much more, i use to be so tired all the time, have a 20 year old and a 3 year old and keeping up with them is a lot funner.

I do have a question for you all i do great all day, drink my two Protein shakes, and small health meals but in the evening is when i get the munchies, are you all having that problem and how do you deal with it.