Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January 2012 Sleevers!

Is anyone else ITCHY AS HELL??? My whole body itches so bad! I have changed soap, got the best lotion (thinking my skin is drier now)... The only thing different from before surgery is I'm taking Previcid dissolving tabs... I have an appt on the 10th and hopefully the dr can tell me why???

Only my incisions are itchy and that's because they are healing.

I have noticed my skin is drier though and I use the Gold Bond Ultimate on the dry Patches.< /p>

I only feel itching in the incisions too, but I do feel tingling all over my body , mainly in the extremities. This happens when j go to bed at migt. I haven't been taking any Vitamins and I will be two weeks out on Tuesday's. I KNOW, IM A BAD PATIENT. I read that Vitamin deficiencies can cause tingling sensation. Today I went and bought my B12, Calcium and vit D. Hopefully this will help. HAS ANYONE EXPERIENCED THIS?

I'm 3 days into full liquids and I'm still doing pretty good with it. Between creamy Soups, yogurt and Protein Drinks, I'm coming close to my Protein requirement, but I'm pretty sure I'm hitting my liquids requirements. Making sure to have apple juice daily so I don't have to worry about all the milk and cream constipating me. I'm looking forward to mushies. I would really like some mashed potatoes haha!

I am on day three of full liquids and already so tired of it. I can't stomach the taste of the cream of chicken or cream of potato Soup. The texture of Jello is now disgusting too. The only thing I can stand to choke down is the pre-op Protein Shakes. Any suggestions on things others have tried on the full liquids?

try pretty much any creamy Soup and just blend them to get rid of the chunks. Cream of mushroom was probably the biggest favorite for me. Cream of Broccoli, broccoli cheese, etc. I was also able to eat fat free yogurt

I have lost 22 pounds and am at a TOTAL stall. I haven't lost anything since my appointment last Wednesday. UGH! Is this normal? I am on a lot of regular foods now but only eating about 600-700 calories a day.

I have lost 22 pounds and am at a TOTAL stall. I haven't lost anything since my appointment last Wednesday. UGH! Is this normal? I am on a lot of regular foods now but only eating about 600-700 calories a day.

em, I'm on the exact same phase you're in!!! i've lost 21 lbs and i've also been stalled since Wednesday!! I feel so crappy right now!! I think from what i've read on this, this is the dreaded 3 week stall. plus, i just finished AF and i'm hoping i start losing again. i'm still on mushy and soft foods and i start on regular foods on wednesday. i can barely get 700 calories in. I don't know how to get out of it. i've been losing a pound a day since the surgery and then last wednesday/Thursday i stopped. I've been losing a pound and gaining a pound everyday. kind of like bouncing back and forth between 200 and 201. it sucks!!! :(

I haven't been weighing myself every day... I have been waiting for my Dr appts to see.., My scale at home is about 5lbs different the the scale at the dr's office and it changes if I move it to another spot on the floor... I think its time for a new one so I can keep track at home. My next weight in is Friday!

So this is normal??? UGH! I am annoyed!! :)

I think it is. Search for 3 week stall and there are a few discussions on it. And yes, it really sucks! :-(

So this is normal??? UGH! I am annoyed!! :)

It'll be 4 weeks tomorrow for me since surgery. On my 3 wk appt last Wed, I was down 35 lbs since surgery. Then I lost 2 more pounds over the next 2 days. Now I've weighed the same thing since Fri. I also introduced food after being on 3 weeks on liquids. And I do mean liquids - no cream Soups, Jello, yogurt, NOTHING extra. I've been having a difficult time getting my calories in because I can only eat so little. I got to 570 today - that's the best I've done since starting food. I hope I'm not going into starvation mode. I was losing very steadily.

Four weeks today - down 24lbs which is great - but haven't lost a pound in a week! very fustrating to say the least. Now trying to find out what I can eat and how much - trying to work in all the Water - which is a huge challenge at this point - water makes me feel empty and hungry.

Good news - my jeans are too big - today will be their last day, then on to the pile of giveaways.

It has been 2 weeks since my surgery and i am down 20 lbs! I'm not sure how many calories I am supposed to take in each day. The doctor said to remain hydrated is the most important thing. I am trying to get in 40 grams of protien a day and so far I have been able to accomplish it. This week I can add mushy bananas and oatmeal to my choices!

So, today is my two week surgerversary. I weighed myself right before the surgery, had it done, spent 3 days in the hospital, came home, weighed myself and I had lost 21 pounds.

But since then, I haven't lose ANY weight. Is *that* normal? Getting into a stall RIGHT after surgery? I'm starting to get worried that something is wrong. I'm only eating between 400-600 calories per day. How am I not losing weight??