Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January 2012 Sleevers!

AJ - I had a 6 day or so stall between the end of week two and the middle of week 3. I think it's pretty common but if you're exercising it could also be the loosing inches not pounds issue. I seemed to drop about 4lbs over night and then started plodding down again.

VSG Ready- I found some Camples V8 Soups in green boxes at Target that have a pretty good broccoli Soup. I also found I liked split pea soup- just watch out for the ones with chunks of ham or pork which aren't so good for a new sleeve I'd think. I also enjoyed strained progresso soups that I'd add some beef, veggie, or chicken broth to up the volume. Trader Joes has a good sweet potato soup and a good butternut squash soup (I found the organic butternut squash soup vastly better) in boxes if you have access to a Trader Joes. Last night I made some soup out of roasted asparagus, tofu and chicken broth. I just roasted a pound of asparagus in the oven with some olive oil and spices/salt, then blended it with a box of morinu extra firm tofu and added a can of chicken broth. Probably could have been 2lbs of asparagus to the whole box of tofu but the end result was quite tasty.

I'm four weeks out yesterday and I'm down 30lbs. I need to step up my exercise because I'm probably only doing my real walking every other day...

Today is mashed potato day!! day 15 post-op and I'm allowed to move to soft foods.. mashed potatoes, oatmeal, eggs, and soft moist fish.

I had oatmeal this morning. I was a little worried because I hate the whole packet like it was nothing, I guess oatmeal is still a slider food. Going to try mashed potatoes at lunch.< /p>

So stoaked!!

Congrats on the soft-foods additions. Makes life so much nicer. I had mashed potatoes from Popeye's on Sunday and they were *really* good... I've tried to avoid starch so I skipped the oatmeal and cream of wheat so far. However, I did eat a little bit of a cookie yesterday. Sadly it went down just fine, unlike the tuna fish I tried to eat for lunch!

Anakin, Im in a stall also I lost 18lbs right after sx and havn't lost anything in 2 weeks I weigh 300.0 just cant make the scale say 299 its so frustrating. I have a hard time getting in the Water and the Protein. Have no idea how people can drink 84 oz of water and 70 gms of protein in one day seems impossible to to me.

MTC - I am in the same situation - have not been able to get the scale to move for 10 days - but all my clothes are fitting differently and had to put a few pairs of pants in the "give away" pile.

I have a tough time with water/liquids so I just drink as much as I can and then a little more and be happy as I feel great inside and out.

Each day is easier - five weeks out and so glad it gets better each and every day.

I miss sitting down to a nice meal with friends/family - I still do - I just am finished long before they are and bring most of it home with me!

Anakin, Im in a stall also I lost 18lbs right after sx and havn't lost anything in 2 weeks I weigh 300.0 just cant make the scale say 299 its so frustrating. I have a hard time getting in the Water and the Protein. Have no idea how people can drink 84 oz of Water and 70 gms of Protein in one day seems impossible to to me.

I

I was having the same problem, until I spoke with my kaiser's case carrier. She said that everything liquid accounts for your 64oz of fluids. She said to Have the protein first, once i got all of that in i can include the water and any other liquids you want. This has really saved me.

Anakin, Im in a stall also I lost 18lbs right after sx and havn't lost anything in 2 weeks I weigh 300.0 just cant make the scale say 299 its so frustrating. I have a hard time getting in the Water and the Protein. Have no idea how people can drink 84 oz of Water and 70 gms of Protein in one day seems impossible to to me.

Omg we are in the same place. I have been stalled for 2 weeks as well, but I'm stalled at 301..... Grrrrrr I think it would be less frustrating if it was 299 instead of still stuck in the 300's. I did get on the scale today and I went from 301 to 300 so maybe I will start moving now

Tlmiller- I'm stalled too and I was sleeved the same day as you! I keep hearing about the 3 week stall but I'm not worried, I know it will come off sooner or later! Think positive :D

Anyone else having trouble eating?

I couldn't wait to get to the puree phase, I had so many ideas for foods that would taste good pureed.

They taste good, in my head, but when I eat, most things taste almost spoiled. I know this is just my head playing tricks, but I can't get down more than a few bites. Lunchtime seems to be the easiest time to eat, for some reason.

After a few bites, besides the taste, I also get a stabbing pain in my middle back.

I've started drinking my Protein shakes again, they just feel easier. Eating seems like such work. I'm only getting about 10gms Protein from food and 52 gms from shakes. Nut wants me to get more from food, I'm trying, I'm sure it will get easier as time goes on, I am only 3 1/2 weeks out.

Any suggestions will be VERY appreciated.

i get trilled every time i read about weight loss, in the first month everybody seems to be losing alot of weight, what about the second month? n the following? my goal is 135-140, i was trying to calculate how long would it take me with the right exercise n nutrition...

Finally Im out of the 3"s I have been 298-296 for a week now It feels so much better to say " oh i weight in the 200"s" Its been six years since I've seen the 2's. Yea sleeve!! still cant get my fluids or Protein in but its is getting better.....

Edited by MTC

i get trilled every time i read about weight loss, in the first month everybody seems to be losing alot of weight, what about the second month? n the following? my goal is 135-140, i was trying to calculate how long would it take me with the right exercise n nutrition...

just be patient and follow your diet and you will consistently lose weight...I have been loosing the same amount of weight as in the first month, so trust your sleeve!! You should give yourself 2 pounds per week to be "safe" if you want to calculate how long it will take you to get to your ideal weight...track your progress and print it for you to see it every week.

If you get to a point where you are not loosing any weight...look back and see what you are doing wrong (eat the same Breakfast, lunch or dinner or not drininking enough Water or proteins).

Good luck!

Ela

thanks Ela!!!!

Tomorrow I will be 1 month out and I'm down 17 lbs. I know it's going down slow, but I'm so happy that the scale it's finally moving after a week stall. 45 pounds to goal, I wonder how long that's going to take.

Well I cried today.....Not sure what came over me. I was sitting on the couch talking to my mom about the sx and I realised my legs were crossed! I starting crying my mom was very confused i had to explain to her that I didnt know how many years its been since i was able to cross my legs. I cant remember.. It was such an overwhelming feeling. I dont even remember doing it it must of been just natural.