Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January 2012 Sleevers!

Afternoon! It is about time I check in..

I read someone posted that they do not tolerate Protein Drinks, I am in that same boat.. Though I have lost a total of 45lbs I am currently at 190.. This past week I upped my physical activity.. I started experiencing Hair loss mid March, so I guess I should look into Biotin?

Other than that I am doing good, I am hoping that upping the physical activity will help me lose at least 10-20lbs by May... I am 55lbs from my goal weight..

I wish I had a Trader Joe's near me...

I just finished prepping dinner for tonight.. i find I eat healthier and graze less when I have pre packed or pre prepared meals waiting..

There have been times since surgery I have eaten things I feel I shouldn't have.. I had some chips Doritos... I had a kids meal from McD's and was immediately ill and did not feel better until i had expelled what little I had eaten.. (NEVER AGAIN, even if DH thinks it's ok)

I am all over with this post.. LOL

I can not stand the taste of greek Yogurt, Fage etc... I wish I could they seem to be such a staple in many WLS diets post surgery.. I am also lactose intolerant now which sucks because I am trying to find a milk alternative but it sucks to buy a 1/2 gallon of something that I may not finish.

Other than those few things I am doing good and have no problem eating and am enjoying losing the inches instead of lbs losing lbs when it happens and looking at my sz 22 & 24's and packing them away and fitting into 16/18's.. So yeah!

Hi January friends! I was sleeved 1/30, so today is my 8 week day. Can't believe it's been that long. I've lost a total of 60 (31 pre-op and 29 since). I feel that things are becoming "normal" and that I'm really starting to develop new (and tolerable!), healthy habits. I LOVE this tool and really have embraced the changes. I wish the weight loss was faster...I still have a fear that it will end and I will taper off before my goal. Best wishes to you all.

I can not stand the taste of greek Yogurt, Fage etc... I wish I could they seem to be such a staple in many WLS diets post surgery.. I am also lactose intolerant now which sucks because I am trying to find a milk alternative but it sucks to buy a 1/2 gallon of something that I may not finish.

Try plain ff Greek yogurt mixed with extract and Splenda,

Lime juice and Splenda, (like key lime pie)

Fresh strawberries are AWESOME in it,

Unsweetened cocoa powder and Splenda (tastes like chocolate mousse!)

Haven't tried, but I hear that sugar free jams are good, Torani sugar free syrups, Crystal Light powder, You would just have to play around with amounts to suit your taste.

I also use the ff plain Greek yogurt as sour cream, add chives, s & p, and a drop of lemon juice to top a potato.

Mix with salsa for a dip

Add ranch dressing powder for a dip for veggies or thin it out with Water for Salad Dressing.< /p>

I even made a creamy honey mustard last night, ff plain Greek yogurt, yellow mustard, lemon juice, pinch of dry mustard, s & p and Splenda.

Let me know how you like these recipes. BTW, I didn't like Fage, Oikos, etc...either, I actually like the Shoprite brand best, and Yoplait, love the key lime, but I don't eat it too often because of the carbs.

I didn't know Yoplait made Greek yogurt. I get Fage and Chobani. I eat it with fruit or use it in place of sour cream for dips and dressings.< /p>

I will have to see if the Commissary carries the yoplait greek yogurt.. I don't recall if the ones I tried were FF I am going to assume yes they were ... Last night I took the Fage and added some Torani vanilla SF Syrup it smelled so yummy still tasted blah so I added some fruit .. nope blah.. I added some stevia (I should have tried splenda) and I had to dispose of it.. just bleh all around.. My DH bought the stevia to try I prefer splenda...

Afternoon! It is about time I check in..

I read someone posted that they do not tolerate Protein drinks, I am in that same boat.. Though I have lost a total of 45lbs I am currently at 190.. This past week I upped my physical activity.. I started experiencing Hair loss mid March, so I guess I should look into Biotin?

I was told by by surgeon's nurse and my Nut, that hair loss is due to not getting enough protein. Have you tried unflavored egg white Protein Powder? It adds no taste at all, and also comes in chocolate, vanilla and strawberry. All VERY low in carbs and 24 gms of protein.

I was having a hard time getting 60-70 gms of Protein per day. With the small portions that I am able to eat, that leaves little room for other food groups. I have tried several other protein powders to supplement my protein intake. Some make everything taste like sour milk, others are far too sweet.

Egg white protein powder is AWESOME!! You can add it to anything and not detect it. (use a blender for liquids or it will be lumpy) It is a great way to get extra protein. I like the unflavored so I can add it to a variety of foods/drinks. It even says that you can make egg white omelets with it.

Unflavored-115 cals, 24 gms protein and 1 gm carbs

Vanilla, chocolate and strawberry-120 cals, 24 gms protein and 4 gms carbs

I tried the one by Jay Robb, but there are others.

WOW!! DEBSII, you look great! Awesome job!!

I posted this earlier in the Success Forum but here's a pic of my progress at 3 months post op.

post-20072-13813658575013_thumb.jpg

WOW!! DEBSII, you look great! Awesome job!!

I posted this earlier in the Success Forum but here's a pic of my progress at 3 months post op.

post-20072-13813658575013_thumb.jpg

It's amazing what a difference a few months and a few pounds makes! Keep up the good work, you're looking great.

Jan 23, 2012