Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January 2012 Sleevers!

Hey fellow losers! I was sleeved on Monday. I spent two nights in the hospital. I couldn't keep anything down and ran a fever. I am feeling okay and look forward to each day getting even better. I hope this "I'm not hungry" feeling sticks around for quite some time. I am very thirsty and seem to be handling crystal light fruit punch and Water well. I'm ready to fast forward about a month to get past the surgery pain.

Hey fellow losers! I was sleeved on Monday. I spent two nights in the hospital. I couldn't keep anything down and ran a fever. I am feeling okay and look forward to each day getting even better. I hope this "I'm not hungry" feeling sticks around for quite some time. I am very thirsty and seem to be handling crystal light fruit punch and Water well. I'm ready to fast forward about a month to get past the surgery pain.

Hang in there, tme will fly. I'm on my 11th and I feel almost 100% better.

Hello to all of my January Sleevers!

I had my 3 week post op visit on yesterday and GUESS WHAT?! I'M DOWN 35 POUNDS!!! It's COMPLETELY amazing to me! I can't remember the last time I lost 35 lbs! :clap2:

AND yesterday I was able to move to soft foods! OMG! I was so excited! Some of you are so lucky with what you were allowed during the 2-3 weeks post op. I was on strictly liquids! Water, Protein Shakes, Crystal Light, Propel, dilated clear juice, broth, strained low fat Soup, UGH!

Now the challenge is actually eating the amount they want me to eat.....

Does anyone else NOT really have a problem taking larger drinks of Water? Not big gulps, but definitely bigger than a sip. The first couple of days I would get gas, but now, they are almost regular sized swallows.

Tif, I never had to sip, right from the start. The nurse gave me a 1oz medicine cup for Water once I was in my room and said I had an hour to drink it. I drank half of it. And then the other half five minutes later. No repercussions. :)

Does anyone else NOT really have a problem taking larger drinks of Water? Not big gulps, but definitely bigger than a sip. The first couple of days I would get gas, but now, they are almost regular sized swallows.

I don't have a problem with it - first couple days it was itty bitty sips. Now i can take regular sized drinks without an issue.

LOL, Thanks gals. Sipping was drilled into my head pre op, so here I was thinking it was just me.

Circa, you and I were sleeved on the same day. :)

Wow! Your post-op goes fast compared to mine! Have you tried Premiere Protein? I don't know what i would have done preop without it! The Max Protein from SEI Nutrition is amazingly tasty too - neither is chalky or have an aftertaste. I'm still on Clear Liquids till tomorrow, then full liquids for a week, then mushies/purees for a week, then introduce soft, moist foods, then full foods at 5 weeks.

Liquids

Full Liquids

Week 2,3,4 pureed Foods

Week 5, 6, 7 Soft Foods

Week 8 Reqular Diet

Circa I have not tried the Max Protein as I can not find it locally .. Never heard of Premier Protein.. Tomorrow I am going to try the Protein shot that I bought, I also have a lean body shake to try.. I NEED to get in my protein.. Also Vitamins, the WLS nurse/coordinator not sure her official title, I think is a bit bi-polar. She told me she had protein samples for me when she came to my room after the surgery she said she never say that.. Then she said I have Vitamin samples... it took 3 days to get those from her (SMH).. Then she never answered me directly on what Vitamins besides chewable to take.. I asked about flintstones chewable but she said they had to be adult flints ones.. I have never found any.. so tomorrow I am going through the bag of vitamins she sent to me..

It can be so confusing.. I read online don't take Calcium and Iron at the same time etc..

Right now I am looking at

1500mg of Calcium + Vitamin D with calcium citrate

B Complex

Iron

does that sound about right? I know if I go to my appointment on the 6th taking nothing she will be mad at me and i don't want to make my Dr mad at me.. but Im kind of lost.. Everyone else I know has had Bypass not the sleeve

I can officially be added to the January sleevers. I was sleeved on the 31st and am finally feeling human again today. Somewhat of a rough ride but am confident it will all pay off in the end. Congrats to all of us January sleevers - we did it!!

So yesterday, I went for a 1 week follow up/wound check. My incisions look great and they even pulled the steri-strips off. The surgeon told me again, the pain is normal and should lessen everyday little by little. I weighed myself on my scale and it said -6.8 lbs lost. Dr.'s office scale says -5.5 lbs. This was not the same scale at the surgical center.

This morning, I got on the scale and I lost 3 more lbs from yesterday. :)

Can I just use my scale since I'm not going to be seeing my surgeon again for 6 more weeks? LOL!

Sunnydaysahead, I am happy to hear you are doing well! We just barely squeezed into the January sleevers but so glad we did.

I was able to start full liquids today. I tried creamed soup...nope, very runny oatmeal...nope. Neither tasted good at all. I have always loved Jello and that was my "Heaven" during the pre-op diet. I have tried it twice since surgery and cannot stand the texture of it in my mouth. I am praying the Protein Shakes taste good to me because I have tried everything else (protein shots, unflavored powder, Isopure, etc) and they are completely disgusting.

Tif, I am using my home scale weight also.

So....I have figured out that I can't drink the Protein Shakes. They make me sick. I have tried MANY brands. I had diarrhea so bad the first 2 weeks post-op that my surgeon put me on semi-solid after a week and a half. It has certainly helped. Today was the first day I have gotten all of my Protein requirements in! Yay me! Being able to have canned tuna and hard boiled eggs is SUCH a help. I had one slice of toasted wheat bread with tuna (tuna, lite mayo, mustard and dill relish) today as a sandwich and was in HEAVEN. I got about 75% in and couldn't stomach any more. It is so funny to me how much I can (can't) eat now. I haven't been walking as much as I should. I am starting to hit the treadmill tomorrow though. Has anyone else been incredibly tired? I have been exhausted!! I am trying my darndest to get my Water in. OH-has anyone tried the Mio drink enhancer? It is SO yummy!! You can put as much or as little in your water as you want. That is good for me because since surgery I don't like really sweet drinks. How is everyone else doing?

Has anyone else hit the "3 week stall"? I have! I lost 12lbs the first week, 3lbs the second week and the third week and I gained and lost the same 1lb all week! Irritating, but I'm doing exactly what I should be doing (700-ish calories, 60-70 Protein, lots of water). Hopefully next week I start losing again!

I'm soooo tired of the mushy stage! I only have one more day and then I can add some normal food.

So far the only things that haven't gone straight through with no full feeling are thicker refried Beans, cottage cheese and egg salad. If the beans are thinned then I can eat way more than 1/3 cup. My surgeon's PA is not happy about me ever eating more than 1/3 cup. My problem is getting at all excited about eating 1/3 cup. I hope I feel different next week when the food list expands.

This is still the best thing I've done for myself just about ever. I'm just ready for the next stage.