Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December sleevers!

Thinking of Babigrl today as she is sleeved! Can't wait only 5 more days for me! I have lost 8 lbs. on my preop in just 3 days so i am very excited!

Newgirlie how are you doing?

I haven't lost much during pre-op. It disturbs me.

Today I started the clear liquid only portion. I've been having a hard time concentrating on things. I've been a real scatterbrain lately. I have to finish Christmas shopping tomorrow and making sure that everything is in place for my return home from the hospital. I hope the sales associates don't get in my way, because I have a feeling that I will have low energy and a mean demeanor.

I can't wait to start my uphill battle on Monday.

Afro_Cyster,

I have been having the Premier Protein shakes from costco. 3 per day. They taste great. 30 grams Protein. Then chicken broth twice a day and then sugar free Jello and sugar free popsicles. That I guess it is working for me. I had a hair appt today and even my hairdresser noticed my stomach "bloat" was gone! This time of the year is hard for anyone to be on a liquid diet! You will be fine. hopefully you have some Vitamins (iron especially) to take to help make you feel better. I will be praying for you and can't wait to hear about your progress. Keep your chin up and just think about how good you will be feeling in a couple of weeks. It will all be worth it!

janet

Thank you for the encouragement.smile.png

Home and sleeved! kind sore, but glad to have it all done!

Congrats, that is awesome!

Hey!!! So, I'm officially a December Diva Sleever!!!!!! My date is most likely Dec. 19th!!!! Heading to the store tomorrow to get my "luscious and filling" meals for the next 7 days!!

My date is 12-19-11 at Cedars-Siani with Dr. Scott Cunneen. I am on the 2nd day of my pre-op diet. When I feel hungry I have a hot drink. That helps for a little while. I was nervous and scared, but now I'm just excited. I can't concentrate, even at work. And we are in the middle of an audit!

Roxyrooster

Are you excited? How much have you lost on your pre-op? My excitement level is sky high.. lol.. I can't wait till Wed (Day after) lol Thats when it all begins..

Yes I am very excited but stressed at what I have to do to get my house holiday ready. What about you? I have lost 14 pounds but only "officially" 9 according to my startign weight which was before Thanksgiving...need I say more? Yep I gained 5 pounds before I started my pre op. What about you?

Home and sleeved. I got the sleeve yesterday and came home about 4pm today.

I have to say.....yesterday SUCKED. I was certain I made a mistake. I kept falling asleep from the pain meds, thankfully. The worst part is my doc won't let you have even ice chips until the swallow test. So nothing by mouth from midnight wednesday/Thursday until today when they FINALLY let me have Water at around noon. My lips were so dry.

So grateful to this place because y'all said to get Chapstick. :-)

Now the good... I had about a half ounce of broth and I have been sipping on crystal light. It is all staying down. I still hurt when I get up or down or cough or sneeze or laugh but it was major surgery so I expected that. I know I will be glad I did this in a few days but right now I am not sure. My friend who had this a year ago said she felt the same thing. Also, my team's therapist said it is really common. So don't panic if you feel that way, she said.

I may have to sleep in a recliner for a few days as I can't get comfy in my bed yet. But today is light years better than yesterday and I am hopeful about tomorrow being even better. Tomorrow's goal is to get in 10grams of Protein.< /p>

Im great, doing better by the day! Got on the scale yesterday and Ive lost a total of 20 pounds!! My left side incision hurts from time to time, but it's getting easier to drink more liquids at a time. Im getting excited about my progress and looking forward to seeing everyone else's!

Newgirlie how are you doing?

I am 4 days out now and I miss chewing food! Drinking my food is the pits! I can't wait for Monday so I can have yogurt and soups..something that has some consistency to it!! I am not "hungry", sipping all day. No problems with that Just the need to chew!

I'm sleeved and done!! I feel the same way as Deigh. the first 2 days were the worst I'm not going to lie.. I really wasn't prepared for it. but everyday has got better. I too didn't sleep in the bed either just the recliner.

I woke up just now with a horrible bout of diarrhea and a gurgly tummy, almost the same feeling as the flu. Is this normal does anyone know? not tooo nauseous but do have the feeling of food in the back of my throat even though I have yet to eat much. Ill probably call the MD tomorrow.