Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

The 1st Day Of My Gastric Sleeve Surgery Journey

i forgot to add that im terrified because ima fast food eater. i eat fast food everyday, for every meal! i scarf them down within 5-10minutes! maybe less. this is going to be a huge adjustment and struggle but i know that ill never change if i dont do something extreme & wats more extreme than removing 85% of my stomach? lol. but i gotta do what i gotta do!

My mom brings up a good point of her biggest fear regarding the sleeve . She is fearful I may go back to bad habits of consistently snacking on fattening things n eating too many times a day. I'd lie if I said I don't feel the same a little bit. How have sleevers dealt with that?? I'm hoping I make healthier choices n do not graze. I want this to b a success. I want my mom also to feel at ease about this concern

Very true! Thank u kindly for relying on that topic. I'm Also curious what and how much of it all you sleevesters had to eat daily one wk out (liquids) I am not sure if I'm having too much. I know I can up the h2o.

how much r u eating? how often? how much h2o?

Very true! Thank u kindly for relying on that topic. I'm Also curious what and how much of it all you sleevesters had to eat daily one wk out (liquids) I am not sure if I'm having too much. I know I can up the h2o.

I'm having three meals a day. One cup broth. Two tablespoons of fatfree yogurt with cucumber juice twice a day. Sometimes a Popsicle for snack or tiny cup of cozy shack sugar free pudding or Jello. I know I need to up my Water intake a lot.

how much r u eating? how often? how much h2o?

i think u r doing just fine. i think u need more Protein though. you should be aiming for 60-90g of Protein perday & if im not mistaking, broth doesnt have any. how much protein is the yogurt?

I'm having three meals a day. One cup broth. Two tablespoons of fatfree yogurt with cucumber juice twice a day. Sometimes a Popsicle for snack or tiny cup of cozy shack sugar free pudding or Jello. I know I need to up my Water intake a lot.

U r very right I think! I get 30-40 max in a day of Protein grams.

Tomorrow I meet with my nutritionist n dr for post op. I will definately bring this up! I really should b doing Protein Drinks rather than broth but it causes gas n I felt I needed some home cooked warm Soup.

Thank u very much

youre very welcome my dear. im sure they are used to patients not getting in all thats needed. theyll help u find different solutions thatll help u, im sure. :)

Tomorrow I meet with my nutritionist n dr for post op. I will definately bring this up! I really should b doing Protein drinks rather than broth but it causes gas n I felt I needed some home cooked warm Soup.

Thank u very much

Tomorrow I meet with my nutritionist n dr for post op. I will definately bring this up! I really should b doing Protein drinks rather than broth but it causes gas n I felt I needed some home cooked warm Soup.

Thank u very much

What Protein shakes are you using? I use total lean ready to drink from GNC. Each shake has 170 calories, 6 carbs, 25 grams protein & lactose free. I could only get about 30 grams the first week. I am 19 days postop and still have hard time getting 70grams. I try to drink half a shake for Breakfast, the other half 2 hours later for break, half again for lunch, last half for 2nd break. That alone will get me 50 grams. Then there is dinner and snack later. Since they are lactose free, I don't get the gas problem.

So I just saw my surgeon at the follow up and all seems ok. I will check in an ultrasound why my right side hurts. I need to get in 1.5 Protein Drink a day in addition to my 8oz of fat free yogurt. I need between 60-90 gr of Protein. I drink premeir shakes from costco. Two Snacks a day r ok too of a Popsicle or Jello. In 5 days I start pureed foods. I could've lost more weight if I had upped my protein more these past two wks. My stitches look good. N I'm doing a blood test n ultrasound to check everything n such things as gallstones. Doubt I have that though the surgeon says. He says everyone feels pain in a different place (ex: feet, stomach, ...) I feel better after this checkup and will go back in three wks. :0)

Just wanted to tell you my story because it really has been a good journey. I am 1 week post op and I am feeling great. I was lucky in that I never really got too nauseous and never vomited. I have been able to tolerate my Proteins and the pain was no where near as bad as I expected. All in all, it has been a great experience which I would recommend to anyone. I went in prepared and totally ready to take on this new life. I regret nothing except not doing it years ago. I know it is scary but let me tell you, there isn't anything to be afraid off. I think the preop diet was the worst. It is awesome getting on the scale and see the gauge going down. I've lost 12 pre op and 7 since the surgery. I can't wait to get on it again tomorrow. So just keep your eyes on the prize and have a positive attitude and you will be very happy you did this too !!!

Definately! I too luckily have had only right side nighttime pains n no vomiting. If we listen to the doctors it goes smoothly I believe. I was happy to see my weight drop, too. I'm glad u r doing great n staying positive!! Thanks for sharing :0)

Just wanted to tell you my story because it really has been a good journey. I am 1 week post op and I am feeling great. I was lucky in that I never really got too nauseous and never vomited. I have been able to tolerate my Proteins and the pain was no where near as bad as I expected. All in all, it has been a great experience which I would recommend to anyone. I went in prepared and totally ready to take on this new life. I regret nothing except not doing it years ago. I know it is scary but let me tell you, there isn't anything to be afraid off. I think the preop diet was the worst. It is awesome getting on the scale and see the gauge going down. I've lost 12 pre op and 7 since the surgery. I can't wait to get on it again tomorrow. So just keep your eyes on the prize and have a positive attitude and you will be very happy you did this too !!!

Weightloss since preop diet to date (11days post op).

weight.png

i was looking for ur thread since really, its mostly what i look forward to when signing on! im glad all is well with you! im sure u r relieved to know that the dr feels ur on a good track. im sure it only gets easier! lol.

i got a phone call today from the hospital & they changed the date that i meet with my surgeon from the 30th to the 29th! im VERY excited. thatll be the day that i schedule my surgery (hopefully)! i just cant wait :)

My rt side is hurting bad mainly at night every night. Tylenol not helping. Wish my dr would give pain meds. Kinda upset they didn't call In the ultrasound order in yet either. On a positive note, I can sleep now on my left side but not for too long. But it's a start. And I walked a lottt today n cleaned my hm n went up n down my third floor home over 5 times today n walked the dog :0) I still need to up my Water intake!!!!!

U r very sweet and I'm so happy my thread is helping u. More importantly, yeahhhhh for your date being set! Before u know it it'll b time for your surgery!! :0) I'm very happy for you and I hope you are having a great week!!!!

Keep us posted please. Hugs!!!

i was looking for ur thread since really, its mostly what i look forward to when signing on! im glad all is well with you! im sure u r relieved to know that the dr feels ur on a good track. im sure it only gets easier! lol.

i got a phone call today from the hospital & they changed the date that i meet with my surgeon from the 30th to the 29th! im VERY excited. thatll be the day that i schedule my surgery (hopefully)! i just cant wait :)