Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

The 1st Day Of My Gastric Sleeve Surgery Journey

Uci medical in orange. U chose a great place to do your surgery! I'm very happy with my surgeon. I'm doing well today and thank you kindly for writing. Keep us updated!!! :0) hugs!!!!

I see you are in costa mesa. What hospital and doctor did you use? I am in San Clemente, but am having mine done at Scripps in La Jolla. Hang in there. Things will get better.

I hope you are all doing great today and have a happy weekend! Today I scrubbed n cleaned n washed my whole apartment, etc for exercise and it was a good workout just painful on right side. I'm going to attempt to chew my Vitamins after a few days of taking a break from them. I feel dizzy sometimes so I took my anti naseau today and trying to drink more. Always check to see if the color of your urine is clear to determine whether u r drinking enough. I am not drinking enough. My right side hurts a lot but it's from bending and cleaning. I'm sleeping a little better these days, but it's still easiest to lay on my back to avoid nighttime aches in belly area. For thanksgiving I just had mushy turkey and barley stew which was my leftover today. :0) I find I crave cheeses lately. And yesterday I really wanted fruit, so I blended apple, pear, banana, ice and blueberry kefir milk into a smoothy. It was so good but I could only drink half the cup.

Down 30 pounds on exactly four weeks since surgery.

weight.png

CONGRATS!!!!

Down 30 pounds on exactly four weeks since surgery.

weight.png

CONGRATS!!!!

Thank you!! I need to up the Protein though! I hope u r feeling better with your sinuses and getting ready for your big day!! :0) have a great relaxing weekend. Hugs :0)

i am feeling better sinus wise but been light headed. idk why... :-/

i am excited about meeting my surgeon on tuesday & my 6month appt is thursday! i cant believe it! im so excited but nervous about approval. :-/

Thank you!! I need to up the Protein though! I hope u r feeling better with your sinuses and getting ready for your big day!! :0) have a great relaxing weekend. Hugs :0)

Hi fellow sleeve pals and sleevers to b,

So I went out again with friends that don't know I had the surgery. They chose to go to javiers Mexican resturaunt. I was doing ok with the dinner I chose until I had to throw up but this was a stabbing pain on the back on the fight side with extreme tightness. I totally give up on eating out for now. I must continue to practice understanding my limits and my sleeve at home and also it is not easy when friends keep asking why I hardly ate and if I'm feeling ok and why I hardly drank my virgin mango margarita. I took two sips. I took three bites of my Beans n ground chicken. I went to bathroom dying to vomit n it was full with a bathroom attendant so I got nervous n walked a round around the resturaunt hoping the urge n pain would go away. I'm wondering if the excitement n overwhelmingness of going out adds to the sleeve tension. I dunno but at the comedy club I did ok sipping on Water and watching my friends eat our birthday dessert. At least I got fun gifts. N luckily my friends do Not drink alcohol. :0) right now my sleeve hurts a Lot all over. I did have the slimes n had to throw up (3) times when I got home tonight. The sleeve is making lots of noises. Anyhow, happy Sunday. Also I need to learn n practice this no sipping after or before eating rule. It's so important to do so!!

i think u may be pushing your sleeve. i hoope & pray you feel better.

Hi fellow sleeve pals and sleevers to b,

So I went out again with friends that don't know I had the surgery. They chose to go to javiers Mexican resturaunt. I was doing ok with the dinner I chose until I had to throw up but this was a stabbing pain on the back on the fight side with extreme tightness. I totally give up on eating out for now. I must continue to practice understanding my limits and my sleeve at home and also it is not easy when friends keep asking why I hardly ate and if I'm feeling ok and why I hardly drank my virgin mango margarita. I took two sips. I took three bites of my Beans n ground chicken. I went to bathroom dying to vomit n it was full with a bathroom attendant so I got nervous n walked a round around the resturaunt hoping the urge n pain would go away. I'm wondering if the excitement n overwhelmingness of going out adds to the sleeve tension. I dunno but at the comedy club I did ok sipping on Water and watching my friends eat our birthday dessert. At least I got fun gifts. N luckily my friends do Not drink alcohol. :0) right now my sleeve hurts a Lot all over. I did have the slimes n had to throw up (3) times when I got home tonight. The sleeve is making lots of noises. Anyhow, happy Sunday. Also I need to learn n practice this no sipping after or before eating rule. It's so important to do so!!

I think u r right.

are you still having the pains on the right side?

can u believe that i am sick again? ugh! i meet my surgeon tuesday & i was thinking what if he doesnt give me a surgery date because im sick at that visit. sounds crazy but i feel like the worlds against me lol

I think u r right.

Yes the pain is still there and I got no sleep. I had to just take a pain medicine and naseau one. I plan on walking a lot today though. I need strength. I had a dream I was actually too skinny n weak. I didn't look healthy.

I'm sorry you are still not feeling well. The cold weather probably is not helping. They will give I a surgery date because if it's at least two weeks away, which it usually is (because of preop diet), you'll b ok by then! I hope u feel better n have an awesome appointment w/your surgeon. :0) have a great Sunday and thanks for your sweet support! Hugs

i had felt better but it came back! i said to myself last night, "imagine im sick for my dr appt" & i woke up sick! smh. this NY weather is crazy!

thats crazy that u still have pain. i could understand if u physically hurt ur side but sheesh, u didnt! im sorry. i hope you feel better.

lots of hugs! xx

Yes the pain is still there and I got no sleep. I had to just take a pain medicine and naseau one. I plan on walking a lot today though. I need strength. I had a dream I was actually too skinny n weak. I didn't look healthy.

I'm sorry you are still not feeling well. The cold weather probably is not helping. They will give I a surgery date because if it's at least two weeks away, which it usually is (because of preop diet), you'll b ok by then! I hope u feel better n have an awesome appointment w/your surgeon. :0) have a great Sunday and thanks for your sweet support! Hugs

I'm on day two of week four n it's supposedly normal at least for eight weeks to have scar tissue pain n they cut through muscle, too.

oooh ok! i dont know why but i always feel like the vsg is the same as gall bladder removal. i think thats why im not afraid of the pain! lol.

I'm on day two of week four n it's supposedly normal at least for eight weeks to have scar tissue pain n they cut through muscle, too.

So u r well prepared for what's to come I'm sure. It's my first surgery. ;0)