Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

The 1st Day Of My Gastric Sleeve Surgery Journey

My hair is increasingly falling out in clumps :0/ I've fluctuating been between 207 and 203 pounds for a whole month now. Id love to be in the 100's by now!! I've been hiking/walking, so hopefully it's muscle ;0) i am more in tune these days as I'm making healthier food choices these days, which is great!

It took four months to get into the 100's. I've lost 60 pounds in 4 mos. I started at 255 and today I'm 196.5. I worked hard to get out of the 200's. I need to up my exercise and toning would b good. I've just been hiking at a simple and slow pace mainly once a day for 30-45 mins and drinking more Water. I'm trying to think of the amazing possibilities if I would just take the Protein and exercise a bit more seriously. :0) I'm trying to get more motivated and to like my sleeve more and to respect it more ;0). Thanks for listening. Hugs :0)

Sounds like you're doin pretty good. =) I remember not being sleeved yet and you writing here in this thread right after you were sleeved. Now I've been sleeved for 5 weeks and you for 4 monthS! How time flies! I love my sleeve and have lost 24 pounds in the 1st month. It is a struggle to get all the Protein in but do-able. Have you tried doubling up on your Protein in your shakes? unjury even carries an unflavored protein powder-you can put it in whatever you're eating/drinking. And chicken Soup flavored-yummo. www.unjury.com Also,I don't know if you've tried any of eggfaces recipes,but she has some awesome Protein shake recipes to kick it up a notch. http://theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com/2007/06/my-favorite-protein-shake-recipes.html

Keep up the great work,we want some progress pics!! ((HUGS))

Thank you kindly for the Protein tips. Congrats on your awesome progress!!

Sounds like you're doin pretty good. =) I remember not being sleeved yet and you writing here in this thread right after you were sleeved. Now I've been sleeved for 5 weeks and you for 4 monthS! How time flies! I love my sleeve and have lost 24 pounds in the 1st month. It is a struggle to get all the Protein in but do-able. Have you tried doubling up on your protein in your shakes? powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury even carries an unflavored protein powder-you can put it in whatever you're eating/drinking. And chicken Soup flavored-yummo. www.unjury.com Also,I don't know if you've tried any of eggfaces recipes,but she has some awesome Protein shake recipes to kick it up a notch. http://theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com/2007/06/my-favorite-protein-shake-recipes.html

Keep up the great work,we want some progress pics!! ((HUGS))

Just a month 5.5 update. Increased Hair loss. Naseau. increased Acid reflux. More Sagging skin. Fatigue. Headaches. Dehydration. 180lbs=priceless. 5.5 months ago, pre-surgery I was 255+. If I exercised more and toned I think it would help most of the above issues. Hugs*^

Somewhat of a stall in weightloss since my last post. I'm very self conscious of my sagging ugly skin n find myself still covering up, even when it's hot out. :0/ Tip:: tone while losing the weight. I was just focused on the food adjustment n not the exercise. I throw up mainly from avid reflux. I throw up also if take pills too fast. I need to still focus more on the Protein n not the carbs!!! :0/ time to reset!!!! I'll check back in when I get to my 100 lb weightloss post surgery, which is approx 20lbs away! It's been almost eight months since surgery. My hairloss has definately increased. I do not want to take Biotin. Once a month I get very very depressed and unbearably irratible and hungry!! :0/ worse than ever. On the bright side, I'm alive n no complications other than majorrrrrrr acid reflux. I never heard back from my surgeons office for follow up visits since my second post op visit. That really dissapoints me. I need guidance. Oh well. Hugs**

Thank you for continuing to update! I really enjoy following your journey. I'm sure 100 is not that far off date wise.

Maybe you can contact your doctor to see if they can give you something for your reflux.

Sounds terrible!

Hugs**

On October 28th it will b my one year surgiversary. Started at 255. Now 143 on a good day. Need to tone still. Need to stop stuffing my belly fast till I throw up n I need to stick to Protein like I used to. Acid reflux is still a bigggggg problem. I need to take my Vitamins more regularly!! My Hair loss is still significant. I'm thinking of cutting it super short. I swim n go to the gym still 2-3 times a wk, but the saggingness needs to majorly b worked on. Still not dating. I'm not 100% where I want to be at a year out. For some odd reason my cholesterol is high. I didn't even have that problem when was fat. Bottom line after having gone through all this I am reminded today to keep it up, respect the sleeve n focus on each goal step by step. I totally still eat junk food but I definately make healthier choices 89% of the time. Water is huge for me, I drink a lot of it. I also drink too much coffee though. I am very cold sometimes and very tired as well. I think a yr out the body is stilllll adjusting for sure. I'm happier, and I hope to have good news soon again. :0) good luck sleeve buddies!!!!

I used to b size 2x n now I'm size 10!!!

I used to b size 2x n now I'm size 10!!!

What a great accomplishment. Cograts! Isn't it fun to shop now??

On October 28th it will b my one year surgiversary. Started at 255. Now 143 on a good day. Need to tone still. Need to stop stuffing my belly fast till I throw up n I need to stick to Protein like I used to. Acid reflux is still a bigggggg problem. I need to take my Vitamins more regularly!! My hair loss is still significant. I'm thinking of cutting it super short. I swim n go to the gym still 2-3 times a wk' date=' but the saggingness needs to majorly b worked on. Still not dating. I'm not 100% where I want to be at a year out. For some odd reason my cholesterol is high. I didn't even have that problem when was fat. Bottom line after having gone through all this I am reminded today to keep it up, respect the sleeve n focus on each goal step by step. I totally still eat junk food but I definately make healthier choices 89% of the time. Water is huge for me, I drink a lot of it. I also drink too much coffee though. I am very cold sometimes and very tired as well. I think a yr out the body is stilllll adjusting for sure. I'm happier, and I hope to have good news soon again. :0) good luck sleeve buddies!!!![/quote']

Great job and thanks for sharing!

Checking in: getting sharp pains like I did post surgery on right side of belly button n been having increased acid n throwing up this month. It's either all because I am eating late. Eating too frequently, upping my sodium n it's insane how dehydrated I can get so quickly. However I am still drinking coffee a lot. I get huge headaches now. I do exercise more. But I feel that I get weak and tired pretty fast. Maybe some of this Is mental because of birthday blues. I try to stay away from alcohol because I'm a major lightweight now with the sleeve. I burp soooooo much it's so unladylike! I take pribiotics again, although they r so expensive. I try to only eat organic n all natural. I wore pants for the first time in ten yrs n all of a sudden everyone thinks I'm super skinny. Lol. It's just cuz I wore baggy skirts and tops for so long. I just hit a yr in oct since the surgery n I'm feeling healthy for the most part. I try my best to keep my sleeve in good shape, but I don't know why I must eat until it hurts sometimes or eat junk sometimes. I would be devastated if god forbid I seriously mess this up for myself after altering my organs. Anyway, I'm thankful for a lot and for being alive. I wish I didn't have sagging skin n that I focused more on toning...still... I weigh 140 (+) and I started at 265 (+\-).

I'm ruining this surgery I had two years ago cuz I'm binge eating again n not exercising n gaining so much weight! I'm stuck! I eat till it hurts or I throw up n the acid reflux is still so bad. I have a really bad ulcerative cholitis flair up from stress for the past two months n I'm so weak n depressed. I feel so guilty and bad for myself that I went through the surgery just to mess it all up and everyone is telling me I am "fat again." :0( nothing fits n everything on my body is ugly n saggy. I need to motivate myself again n remember why I did this which was to never get back to this mess again! Self sabotage. It's everytime I lose a friendship or relationship this happens. Fml