Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

The 1st Day Of My Gastric Sleeve Surgery Journey

Thank u I aporeciate it very much :0)

Day five morning n all I have to say is ow!!!!!!! Ow ow ow all night right side of stomach ow! Even with pain meds. Still feel also like I have the uti even with the last antibiotic pill. Maybe it's just hard to push urine out in general after surgery. Anyone have issues with that?

Sharp tight side pains lower left side pains. Took pain meds cuz have to. Repeated dizziness weaKness and Nausea. Attempted 1st Protein Drink n took all day to do about 8 sips of it. Causes loudest rumbling n gas. It fills u up super fast. Walked outside but overdid it in this hot weather. Very tired and weak. Weirdest dreams ever. Popsicle was blah for me n Jello waa Breakfast. Soup will b dinner. I Stopped taking some medication I needed since found out tummy is not digesting those big pills which are uncrushable n i told the nurse. I still think I have a uti. Did any of u have to work to

Push urine out??? hair is starting to go a little more. But I thank goodness am supposedly on track. Hugs

Ive lost 13 pounds since preop. So three punds gone since surgery. Weightloss starts in boobs n face firsf. You will have load rumbling noises in belly. You will feel liquids going down and settling in the belly after surgery and you'll know when u r full. I'm on day 3. I've just stuck to clear chicken Soup broth with no salt because it puffs up my face n shuts my eyes (i found this out from hospital soup). I had ricola cherry lozanges for throat. Vitamins (chewable) and pills to swallow are going down fine. Ive had no throwup or neausea at all today. I never threw up thank goodness. I am taking antibiotics for uti and anti neaseau meds when needed. I find I Still very much am needing pain meds mainly at night because there's more movement in day. It was fine to stroll around house today and stand up for a while organizing bedroom. It helped to elevate my legs on pillow in bed at night to take pressure off lower back. Neck might b sore so u might want to use rolled up towels to put in groove of neck when lying down. I did this even in hospital bed. Starting to clear my throat out and getting voice back.

Forgot to mention car ride home... Used pillow on back and in front under seatbelt and Water with bag incase of nausea. I was ok. Have driver drive very slow.

I still have a uti and burns when urinate. It was caused by catheter and catheter was initially used because I was unable to apply the mildest pressure to urinate normally after surgery. Ladies, There is also a mid rash down there probably from all these meds. So drink a lot.

I'm using breathing tester they sent me home with n lungs r getting stronger on day three.

Headache is still here.

Belly cramping started mildly for first time last night. But mainly when I talked too much.

Hiccups and burps do hurt belly.

Worst thing so far is intense burning with liquid pain killer, so try to get solid. It was litterally like alcohol on an open wound n I did cry out in pain. I learned to dilute it in h2o.

I'll write more in several hours.

Feel free to ask questions if u come across this thread.

OMG I hope you're feeling better by now! All I can say is WOW! I am so friggin scared now!!!!!

Hang in there! ((HUGS))

Thank u. Dont b scared. Hugs to u too!!! :0))))

How did you find out you pulled an internal stitch? And what was done to heal it? Very curious about this myself... Look forward to your reply...

Hang in there! Weight loss will happen. The pain will go away and you will think this is the best thing you ever did. Everything you are talking about is part of the healing process. Some people tolerate pain differently. The key is to do what is best for you. Don't compare yourself to everyone on here. I had it super easy until I pulled an internal stitch and then I was hurting really bad. I got through it and really don't remember how bad it was. Good luck and keep your eye on the prize.

I went to my doctor. I had a lot of burning around the area he told me that was a tell tell sign of a pulled stitch. So lots of taking it easy and not lifting, walking and such.

I went to my doctor. I had a lot of burning around the area he told me that was a tell tell sign of a pulled stitch. So lots of taking it easy and not lifting, walking and such.

oh wow. So u did walk or did not walk?? Thank u

GetInMyBelly, I hope that each day is getting at least a little better. My guess is, within a few days, you're going to be seeing some tremendous progress and feeling MUCH better. Hang in there.

AllForMy4, don't be scared. I had my procedure on Monday and am feeling almost back to 100% today. Everyone responds differently. Prior to the surgery, I had made it out to be a LOT harder and a LOT worse in my mind. Now that it's over, I'll admit it wasn't a walk in the park but it also was nowhere near as bad or as hard as I had imagined. You'll do fine.

I was four days out and felt so good that I took a 3 mile walk when I did it.LOL I know how stupid can you be. However, trust me when I say this....When you have a pulled internal stitch...the last thing you want to do is walk. I took it easy for the next two weeks and did the minimal of anything.

Today is a pain day n hard to drink. But doing it and walked. Headache too. I'll keep sipping slow. It's day 6 and the pain is. Little more and gas n naseau.

Eeek,pulled stitch sounds painful! GetInMyBelly-When do u go back to the dr? Have u ever had a c-section? I was thinking if I can survive 3 c-sections,one an emergency,I can handle the pain of this but idk?? Hope u are getting rest,hang in there,you're doin a great job!!!! And thank you for all the updates,very informative!! :smile1:

U r welcome. Thanks for reading n writing n ill keep info coming. Weighd myself this morning n down two more pounds. A total of 12 pounds since preop diet to date. That's three wks. So I walked n went In sun for Vitamin d for a bit. It was good. Im not wearing sports bra so id suggest you do so cuz when i walked for a while n get hot the right breast hurts the upper incision. Just an fyi.

Protein drink gave me gas I think so I just ate two tablespoons of nonfat plain greek yogurt n mixed it with two teaspoons of broth. It was good. I'm craving a soft egg, but I know that's not a liquid. I'm laying down now and will walk again later. The yogurt was actually a really great move! I'm sick of Jello and Popsicle cuz it's not giving me Protein n energy I need. My blood sugar , which I check for fun (since I

Don't have diabetes) was very low after my morning 1/2 cup of premier Protein shake. I am sipping Water n hope to get two more bottles in today. Tonight I plan on doing the same yogurt n Soup combo for dinner. I listened to u all n walked n u were right it helps with the gas n nausea. But the pain is still there on right side.

No, i never had csection. My mother had three though. She said a hysterectomy was much more painful than that so I imagine this would b, as well. I go to my doctor on Tuesday. I'm making a list of questions to ask. By then it'll b 11days post surgery. My right eye still does not stop twitching. Lol

I've taken three showers since surgery n the bandages are all still nicely in tact. I made sure to use antibacterial soaps

Thank you for sharing your day to day...I appreciate the detail and the honesty!