Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Was not going to post

I was sleeved on aug 30th , so it has been 2 weeks, yes i went through the 1st week of ahhhhhhhhh really, did i really do this to myself, but wow in 2 weeks i am a new woman, anyway day 8 comes and my surgon calls to tell me that i have cancer, its called gist, they found it on the outside of my old tummy when she pulled it out, they are pretty sure it was not in the shedding stage, and it was very small in the 1st stage so now i am off to the cancer clinic on the 23rd, i am praying that it was the only one, so what i want to say is the sleeve saved my life..............they said it would of never been found had i not had the sleeve, and that would not have been good..

If you don't mind, I would like to add you to friends, if you need someone to talk to I am gladly here for you. I have lost a few friends to cancer. Good news they caught yours, so maybe this is a double blessing for you. My thoughts are with you and will keep an eye out for you. Stay strong and try and stay healthy, keep the faith.

Wow, I am so sorry to hear this, I can't imagine how scared you were when you got that call. But I am definitely glad that getting the sleeve helped them to find it. Sending you healing healthy vibes!! Please keep us updated!

WOW.. That's amazing!! And a blessing that they found it!!.. You are in my thoughts and prayers!!!!

When I clicked onto your post I certainly wasn't expecting to read that you had cancer. Thank you so much for sharing. Please know that I will be praying for you and I'm not just saying that. Whenever you need to talk, please contact me... I'm serious. I'm adding you as a friend.

May God continue to bless and keep you always.

I'll be praying,

Niki

What a blessing... I am sure your going to be great. My dad had his colon removed a few years ago due to sever colonites(sp) and they called him and said it had cancer but it was early stages and it never spread. So blessings do happen. Not only will you be skinny but cancer free. God is Good all the time.

wow, god was watching out for you! 1st stage is the best to find it in! most people dont find out until its 3rd or 4th, and then it is usually to late. im sorry this has happened to you, but so thankful they caught it in time. will keep you in my prayers!

OMGoodness... :( I"m so sorry to hear that news!! Though, I'm very glad they caught it early... sending you positive thoughts and prayers!! Please keep us updated on how you're doing.

*hugs*

I always say "The Sleeve Saved My Life", but for you, it was a double blessing. Yes, I said blessing. I've spent a lot of my life being negative and realize that it's silly. Stage 1 - you are going to beat this & we are all here for you.

Thanks for sharing and please keep us posted!

You know, my Dad's two sisters both died of ovarian cancer and I've been told I am at very high risk. And before I went in, it actually crossed my mind that I might come out with a different surgery than I was expecting. But I can't imagine what a shock it must have been with no thought prior. As bad as this is, wow, what a great thing to have caught it so early. Everything I ever hear says that's 90% of the battle with cancer. I so hope you have a gentle and easy recovery!

I am so glad you posted this. I had no idea that they send our removed portion of stomach off for labs but I guess it is a great thing that they do. You are the second person I have heard of this happening to in the past week or so. The other person mentioned this happening to her Sister.

I am so happy for you that your surgery provided a double blessing in this way. Keep your chin up, know that everything happens for a reason. I am so glad you went thru with your surgery and as a result will live a healthier and longer life.

Take care and know we are all here if you need to vent..

I am so sorry. Hoping the best for you!

My dr. told me that he has had thousands of patients have underlying things be found wrong that would have never been diagnosed until it was too late by having the sleeve done. Usually pre-op testing.

The sleeve is a GREAT thing!

Hugs,

Kelly ;)