Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

AA Sleevers; where are you; what's your status??

Sleeved 7/17/12 and having a hard go of it. Very difficult to get in liquids and def having issues with Protein. Everyone keeps saying "it will get better", right now I'm not exactly believing it but so i hope it does.

I know exactly how you feel. I had a hard go of it for a month after my surgery. I couldn't get the Protein in but my nutritionist said not to worry about that just keep hydrated. I remember thinking I had made the biggest mistake of my life and that I would never make it but here I am a year after and I know I made the best decision of my life.

Just drink Water whenever you can and I promise it will get easier. I lived off Water, watermelon and sucking on oranges while on full liquids. You can do it.

I know exactly how you feel. I had a hard go of it for a month after my surgery. I couldn't get the Protein in but my nutritionist said not to worry about that just keep hydrated. I remember thinking I had made the biggest mistake of my life and that I would never make it but here I am a year after and I know I made the best decision of my life.

Just drink Water whenever you can and I promise it will get easier. I lived off Water, watermelon and sucking on oranges while on full liquids. You can do it.

Thank you so much NYCBG, I really needed to hear that from someone that has been through it. I have been having those "what did you do to yourself" questions/conversations with myself almost daily now. I think it will help if I stop worrying about the Protein even though my doctor keeps harping on the importance of it. If i cannot do it, then I just cannot.

I a definitely worried about hydration so that shall become my mail focus as I do not want to end up in the hospital due to dehydration.

Hello Sleevers!

I am scheduled for my sleeve on August 21, in Los Angeles, CA. It's been a very long wait, however I am thanking God that I can now see the finish line to this chapter of my book. Although I see this chapter closing I am anxiously awaiting what else God has in store for me. I feel like one of those lapband commercials "let your new life begin." See I have always been plump, not sloppy but plump, some may call it "big boned" but call it what you want, I WILL NO LONGER be defined by it! I intend to let my new life begin!

Be Blessed!!!!

Hello there! I'm new here and I have finally picked a date. I am scheduled to be sleeved on October 5, 2012. I'm nervous and also at peace with this decision. This will be the first thing i've ever did for "me". Can hardly wait to join the losers bench. I know this won't be an easy ride, but I pray that I don't fall off! :D

I estimate that I'll have the surgery sometime in Nov-Dec 2012.

I just started my 3-month supervised weight loss, and my last appointment for that is in October. Ideally, I want the surgery in December, so I won't have to miss any classes.

HI, I'm Tia from AZ. I am insurance approved and just waiting for some testing that has to be done in September to get a surgery date.

Congrats Tia....I am wishing you the best on your journey :)

Happy Sunday everyone :)

:)Hi. I'm new here. and new to the process. going to the surgeon's office for the first time tomorrow.

Greetings, My name is Michele and my date for surgery is Sept 11, 2012. I live is Athens,Ga. I can't wait. Doing the liquid diet thing, lost 10lbs so far. Peace

Congrats on your weight loss during your liquid diet and your surgery date!!!!

HI, I'm Tia from AZ. I am insurance approved and just waiting for some testing that has to be done in September to get a surgery date.

UPDATE: Testing came back better than expected. I am scheduled for 10/1. :D

Hi Tia, I am Tamara (no joke). I am being sleeved 10/1 too! I am getting my sleeve in Bogota, Colombia. I did not travel here for surgery, we live here.

Hi, I'm Tina and was sleeved on 09/10/12. I feel great now that I have been able to incorporate soft foods. I have started walking and it feels amazing. So happy that I now have energy and no swelling or dizziness that always seem to discourage me to continue to exercise. :)