Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

AA Sleevers; where are you; what's your status??

Hey Tif,

So, how are you feeling (ups/downs)? I see you are moving down the scale -- great job!!

This had been really hard for me, the first 3 days were HELL!! Im feeling a little better each day but i've reached the point where I am sooo hungry and the liquid diet is just not cutting it!! Tryin to be patient as people say it gets better and easier. Im down 18 lbs since surgery day (9 days ago) and a total of 33 lbs!

Hi there! My surgery is August 31 and I start my pre-op diet Aug 17. I'm counting down the days.

Hey Lisha: I am with you, counting down the days -- I am waiting to get my insurance approval, but trying to practice some things now, by cutting back and beginning to exercise with walking. Stay in touch.

Hi ladies! My surgey is August 11 (next week). I'm struggling with my pre-op diet. Just no self control. The first few days I did great and lost about. 6 lbs, but now with 9 days left to go I feel like I'm failing. This is the exact same diet rut I get myself into over and over and over.... I am hoping that after surgery o will finally find some relief! Good luck to all u ladies!

Hi guys,

I'm a newbie to this and still in the researching phase. I must say I'm so happy for you all to be in process and moving towards your goals. It seems this step take a lot of courage and I'm shaking in my knees thinking about the procedure so for those of you who have gone through it already- u r heros. Hang in there PhatGurl80. Thanks for your honesty TrHick2b although I'm not looking forward to possibly being n HELL.

Can someone verify for me if the 14 day pre-op diet is an all liquid diet or is it puree as well or something totally different ?

Thanks

Hi MsSlim,

From all the reading I've done on the forum, it seems it just depends on the Dr. I've seen some who are 14 days purely liquid or only 3 days of liquids. My doc put me on Protein Shakes for Breakfast and luncjh then lean meat and leafy veggies for dinner. It's only during my last 3 days that I have to do all liquids.

Hey everyone,

I'm almost 6 weeks out and doing well.... The first 2 weeks were terrible. I was fighting dehydration, nausea, and head hunger. When I advanced to the mushy stage things got a lot better. ***Make sure that you stay on a PPI post-op. I went off of one for about a week (mostly because I had never had any trouble with stomach acid before) and I had the hardest time with nausea, acid, and couldn't keep any foods down.

Also, be prepared for a mental journey. I had done all my research.... or so I thought. Even though I knew all the complications and had read all the tips, nothing really prepared me for the change... The not feeling hungry. The restricted eating. The new intolerance to a lot of foods that I LOVED pre-op. food no longer became the center of my life.... I was depressed. I mourned the loss of food. I'm better now, but I still have those moments.... especially when I go to pot-lucks at work or cook-outs with my family.

Other than that issue, everything else has been good, I'm down 35lbs. I can breath better, my knees & back hurt less, and I feel great. smile.gif

If you have any questions, feel free to message me!

Greetings to all

I am April from Chattanooga TN. I was sleeved on 2/6/09 and I has since lost 132 lbs, gaining approx 13-14lbs after starting a new more laid back job. I have not had ANY complications (knocking on wood) since my surgery. I had a high weight at time of surgery of 283.