Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Is. Dr. Aceves really THAT great?

When others have no legit response to inquiries they usually stoop to personal attacks. Which invalidate whatever statement they make.

All we can do is research with credible sources to satisfy our concerns.

iegal......were neighbors...........I'm in Huntington Beach, CA area

Why did you say FACS is for general surgeons and does not enhance

enhance a bariatric reputation?

Your Dr Quiglie..........Lists FACS on his TITLE....

Dr. Brian Quebbemann, M.D.,F.A.C.S.

Why does Dr Quiglie operate only in these lower rated hospitals

http://health.usnews.com/best-hospitals/area/los-angeles-ca?page=4

South Coast Medical Center

Community Hospital of Long Beach

Chapman Medical Center

Orange Coast Medical Center

Who was Dr Quiglie's Anesthesiologist? Did you verify this Anesthesiologist?

Certainly you understand the Anesthesiologist is the most critical Dr in the

room in WLS.......

You seem to be saying that at least one of Dr Aceves patients here is getting referral payments and basically advertizing ('miss informing') for Dr Aceves!

Well H*ll yes! That’s a common practice for Surgeons in Mexico…………………and even somewhat in the US……….

Hope you get the message……………….. Dr Wars are Silly

A lot of Good people here have choosen Dr Aceves ………..thats there choice……………everyone on this thread has cited good reasons for that choice and those reasons don’t have to be the ones your looking for.

Gee, I'm sorry Legal. I thought I typed on there somewhere that that entire post was emailed to me by Dr. Aceves' office. I am not a nurse, but apparently, whoever wrote that 3.5 years ago, when it was emailed to me, is a nurse and was also his patient coordinator. Maybe he was the secretary 3 years ago.

Thank you Glittering Gold Paradox. I knew starting this would bring out the haters.

Oregon Daisy...I adore you and followed you prior to my own surgery. Not hating on Dr Aceves. I only ask for outrageous "facts" suggest by a poster here are unsubstantiated and know that they can not be documented beyond Aceves own website.

Onceagain....Dr. Quiqlie. HA HA HA HA. You mock because you can't substantiate reality. This whole deal is about Suzanne making up claims on Aceves which can not be proven nor found outside of his website. Wish you would actually read my complaint and not jump on the haters bandwagon without finding out what I seek...facts. I had VSG as outpatient surgery and Hoag, FV Regional & OCMed does not offer this service for VSG. Unlike Aceves I did not require a drain, pain pump, staples, cathedar, nurses waking me up all night after surgery and I was thrilled. You are another uneducated patient and did not read my posts. Read my posts and then come back with FACTS on Aceves. I can list numerous outside sources legitimizing my surgeons outstanding success unlike previous poster whom I questioned. So, rather than attacking me, get the facts. Just provide links and I will go away on this. This not about my surgeon vs. your surgeon, both are well qualified or we would not have chosen them. I SEEK TRUTH, not lies thrown around in the name of false advertisement.

Once again...I find it disgusting that you feel it is OK to advertise for a surgeon as it is common practice...sick. Especially when several statements are FALSE. Do you really agree with lying to gain patients? Aceves is good enough and does not need all the lies on this site to get his patients. Shame on you.

Enough said.

iegal....your discussion has turned into a rant

Had my Revision Sleeve Surgery with Dr Aceves Nov 7, 2012 in Mexicali.

Am a newlywed 59 y/o and my wife stayed/slept in my Hospital room the whole threedays following surgery. My wife speaks Spanish so I had it made.

Dr Aceves had only three surgeries scheduled on the day of my Surgery.......was

Surprised to find out my Revision Sleeve surgery was about 2 1/2 times longer

than a first time Sleeve.........the lapband does leave some destruction.

Loved the Hospital and staff.......very clean and staff were all professional and

caring. A lot of effort was made to communicate what was happening......what to

expect and how to best deal with it.

Dr Aceves visited me twice a day and always showed concern and was very clear

about what I had to do as a patient. He is direct and makes sure you understand

the Sleeve is not a free ride. Did have good laugh when he was asking if I was

'farting' yet.....turned to my wife and could hear her thinking.......Farting is his middle name!

Almost 3 weeks out from surgery and feeling pretty good..........my stomach

already feels less discomfort than before I went into surgery, what a plus.

Don't feel near as restricted as the Lapband.........the Lapband was like chokin a chicken...was constantly throwing up because I unknowingly passed the limit. Amable to drink Water easily with the Sleeve.....but you do feel limited with the

Sleeve, it is an awareness that if you don't stop you will get push back.

This thread was ....do you think Dr Aceves is really Great......having just gone

through surgery/recovery with Dr Aceves..........I say yes!

I don't think Dr Aceves has to lie to get patients......he comes

across as man who is very proud of his work and takes extreme amount of

precautions to make sure of a positive outcome.

I researched many doctors before deciding on my surgeon. I honestly felt comfortable with Garcia, Lopez, Alvarez, Aceves and Cabrera. Cabrera is a newer surgeon but he still has nearly 3000 bariatric surgeries under his belt-Way more than the US doctor I was considering. I finally chose Cabrera, but I don't think I would have gone wrong with any of these doctors. I think it's like choosing a college, Harvard might be right for YOU, but Yale or Princeton might meet someone else's needs.

What "facts" are people looking for? I did plenty of research and found several stories of some other Drs in Mexico about complications and robberies but I never found one negative story about Aceves. I also emailed several of his previous patients including OD. I spoke with the coordinator several times, interviewed at least 10 other surgeons here in the US. I went through nursing school up until my final semester so I had been doing clinicals in hospitals in the US. Dr Aceves was everything and more I had hoped for. His staff was wonderful and the hospital cleaner than any I had ever seen. Dr A Did have someone who had complications from a blood clot but that is not necessarily the surgeon's fault. I'm 2 yrs 2 months post op. 10lbs below goal. I've never made a dime off Dr A and would pay out of pocket (as I did) before having free surgery from any other Doctor I know. That might not work for you "facts" but all we can give is experience and that's mine.

Yes, he is, the hospital is, the staff is, the attention is.

He was voted one of the TWENTY-FIVE BEST bariatric surgeons IN THE WORLD, by his PEERS, other doctors.

His fees for all this are VERY reasonable.

His success rate is phenomenal.

I had to borrow the money, fly four thousand miles, spent 10 days and 10,000, and I'd do it again in a heartbeat.

I was almost 64, had an enlarged liver, HBP, VERY high cholesterol, and had to go to my ER for chest pains a week before going.

He had some difficulties during surgery with my heart beat, took his time and did it right.

If I had gone to one of those Tijuana mills, I could very well have been just another statistic, for half the price, but what would THAT matter?

Better than 98% of American doctors and half the price, what more could you ask for?

Well, he doesn't have much a a sense of humor that I saw, but hey, you know...

Yes, he is, the hospital is, the staff is, the attention is.

He was voted one of the TWENTY-FIVE BEST bariatric surgeons IN THE WORLD, by his PEERS, other doctors.

His fees for all this are VERY reasonable.

His success rate is phenomenal.

I had to borrow the money, fly four thousand miles, spent 10 days and 10,000, and I'd do it again in a heartbeat.

I was almost 64, had an enlarged liver, HBP, VERY high cholesterol, and had to go to my ER for chest pains a week before going.

He had some difficulties during surgery with my heart beat, took his time and did it right.

If I had gone to one of those Tijuana mills, I could very well have been just another statistic, for half the price, but what would THAT matter?

Better than 98% of American doctors and half the price, what more could you ask for?

Well, he doesn't have much a a sense of humor that I saw, but hey, you know...

I think this about sums it up.. For SOME people they find it necessary to have the "best of the best" and when you have additional health concerns I can understand that thinking. For someone like me, who has no comorbidities and very little visceral fat (according to my surgeon who removed my gallbladder) I don't feel driven to get the best of the best.. I simply want a competent surgeon who will take adequate care of me.

one thing to add... just because a surgeon is not at a center of excellence or is not "one of the top 25 doctors in the world" does not make it a surgery mill. I know there ARE a few surgeons who do crazy amounts of surgeries a day and yeah, I wouldn't go to one of them either... but there are many other competent doctors in Tijuana to choose from.

...I don't think Dr Aceves has to lie to get patients......

Again, Onceagain - you are not reading, just hating on me becasue I won't back down on the lies others present about surgeon. I never stated Aceves lied, nor have I ever stated he is a subpar surgeon, nor have I questioned his ability simply because he practices medicine in another country.

A poster on this thread flat out lied and claimed facts about Aceves that can't be proven outside of his website. Additionally she made statements that can't even be backed up by his own website. Her post has since changed, so I guess she saw the error of her ways. Her "facts" are really just promotional baloney. Her constant promotion of Aceves with lies harms your surgeons reputation. You are right, he doesn't need the lies to help him out. In reality, you should question her motives and stop your attack on me or my surgeon. My surgeon's skills can be verified by independent sources. That is foundation of research, independent information not provided by source of investigation.

Read my "rant" before commenting again. My supposition is the following:

Don't state/present facts about your surgeon skills/status that can't be verified. Or just say...in my opinion. Lies on this board hurt all VST members.

Blah Blah Blah. I am so over you and your bs. Can you please put a cork in it and let people make their own decisions without your showboat negativity. I am sure they are not completely relying on this website to make their life changing decision. So please do us all a favor (even the members who have not or are not using Dr. Aceves) and just zip it up. Thanks.

Blondie

You are rude and are the one breaking forum rules. Should you not be able to intelligently respond and instead use shortened profanities to state your opion, then stay out of the conversation. Lies are lies. Sad that those of us willing to confront members lying are attacked personally

Stick to the facts.

Blondie

You are rude and are the one breaking forum rules. Should you not be able to intelligently respond and instead use shortened profanities to state your opinion' date=' then stay out of the conversation. Lies are lies. Sad that those of us willing to confront members lying are attacked personally

Stick to the facts.[/quote']

iegal - I dont remember addressing you in my last post. You shouldn't assume and take things so personally. But seeing how you brought it up, I think everybody including myself is way past exhausted over this topic.

I going to aceves feb. 25. How much money do you recommend bringing.