Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Is. Dr. Aceves really THAT great?

Hi Suzanne;

Know you are a busy lady but several of us on this board are still waiting for you back up your claims or I am requesting you to retract your statements about Dr. Aceves in this and other posts. If you are unable to verify independently then take back what you have written.

Respectfully I ask that you please refrain from future posts until you have provided backup proof to your claims. I have stayed silent long enough on posts with false claims which in reality are marketing ads for Dr. Aceves. J&J does create staples as you stated but nothing on web site about Aceves, rather another surgeon. In another post you offended a VST user suggesting her surgeon was subpar since he was less cost than Aceves, implying her surgeon was using non J&J staples. I question why J&J would sponsor him to have other surgeons watch him?

Still unable to find Aceves name in Newsweek or a copy showing him on cover. One post by another VST poster states this article was in Nov 2011. Hmmm. When I search online I see his picture (via a thumbnail only ) shwoing him on the Cover of Newsweek but it you look closely it is the same picture of him on his website...just imposed over Newsweek. When you open link, nothing. Send me a link with him on cover of Newsweek as Aceves displays...which I believe is just advertising. Hmmmm. Newsweek lists nothing about him directly that I can find with a simple Google/Bing search. Maybe my search skills need upgrading.

Lastly - his book that is advertised on this site is a self published book. Amazon does not even carry it. Hey, I could write a book on VSG but that does not elevate my credentials. What does this say if no publisher reviewed content or offered to back it?

Please provide at least three independent sources backing up claim of "world top surgeon" from Newsweek directly, J&J using him as teaching doctor (a link on J&J website would be nice) & his book being a book a non-independent book (a link to Amazon or B&N would suffice). Willing to be a believer of your opinions/claims if you can provide links outside of Aceves website.

Your claims are only opinions without legitimate documentation. Additionally they are misleading and inaccurate. Worse you are providing a false sense of security to those seeking a WLS.

Thanks! Looking forward to reading information soon.

Dr. Aveces did not write a book that I am aware of, I think you have him confused with another doctor.

Suzanne

Thanks for clearing up which issue that Newsweek article is in.

Dr. Aveces did not write a book that I am aware of' date=' I think you have him confused with another doctor.

Suzanne[/quote']

It is Dr. Alvarez who wrote a book about vsg. I have the book because I received it when he did my sleeve and I got one at his seminar.

Amy, I'm glad you posted that. Maybe now people will stop antagonizing Suzanne. Sheesh!

And to answer the OP's question, yes Dr Aceves is very good and I would recommend him 100%.

Everybody has a choice. No matter what their reasons are for choosing a surgeon. Nobody on here is dismissing others or looking down on them. Maybe that's your own insecurities about your choice. Again, I believe the original post was about Dr. Aceves.

Everybody has a choice. No matter what their reasons are for choosing a surgeon. Nobody on here is dismissing others or looking down on them. Maybe that's your own insecurities about your choice. Again, I believe the original post was about Dr. Aceves.

Hi,

Thanks, I appreciate your support. This is always about a personal choice, and I am never quite sure why some of these people need to keep going on and on about what I said. I know how I feel, and I can only speak about my experience and my knowledge. I also know that there are some other good doctors out there along with some not so good doctors. They missed the point. Be care about who you pick, get all the answers that you need and go to the place that is the best for you.

Hugs, and thanks again!

Suzanne

Where's the LOVE?

I personally think that GGP above needs to back off of the criticism. It's rude and not necessary.

I was sleeved last week by Dr. Aceves and while I do have my own opinions one way or another, there is nothing about my experience that I feel needs airing here. My choice had everything to do with inability to afford self-pay in the US at the outrageous prices the US health care system charges, and also with the preference to stay in a real hospital for 3 nights. Of the choices I had in Mexico, his credentials are sufficient to convince me that I would be safe because he is ULTRA conservative in his approach both pre- and post- op. That's probably why he has such a low incident rate with complications.

Just my opinion.

It's no accident that you can do searches on here or other sleeve message boards, and you won't find anyone ever posting about having complications after being sleeved by Dr. Aceves. You'll find complication threads about other surgeons though.

If anyone have a problem with my opinion than that is their problem to deal with. Your interpretation of my statement was rude. Another poster stating my insecurities reflect my choices was rude in my opinion too. In the end words are stick and stones.

What do you expect GGP? You are negative commenting on a surgeon in which you have no experience. And you are making accusations against other members who are only defending their choice, which by the way nobody should have to do. #getalife

What do you expect GGP? You are negative commenting on a surgeon in which you have no experience. And you are making accusations against other members who are only defending their choice' date=' which by the way nobody should have to do. #getalife[/quote']

Honestly, the comment you are referring to was basically unintelligible. I wasn't sure who she was directing it to or what it was about. Maybe I should have been offended?! Haha!

Wow, as I suspected this is really getting ugly.

Suzanne - Again, provide links for your comments...that is all I asked for in my post. None provided after 4 requests so I am highly skeptical of all the claims...as everyone else should be too. GGP said it best in post #44, do research outside of Dr Aceves website. Thank you to amykins who provided picture of Newsweek but as mentioned in this thread, not everyone listed is a good surgeon so be skeptical. Suzanne, I am not saying Dr. Aceves is not an excellent surgeon. What I am asking is for proof of all your statements.

As to book - my sincerest apology to each and every VST member & Dr. Aceves for getting name mixed up. Again, trust no one for face value. Check everything out.

Blondie - never did I say Aceves is a bad surgeon. So many of you are happy. Suggest you reread my posts. My claim is that Suzanne overstates his reputation thereby gives those newbies false information.

OrgeonDaisy - you and I have been on this board too long together and we both have seen a edthread that has been removed about complications from him. But no longer can I provide since this thread was removed. Others VST have mentioned this thread missing too. I can provide that thread to support this if you want.

SpeedBmp: Thanks for talking about article and reminding everyone that how surgeons are selected is in question.

To summarize: DO YOUR RESEARCH ... and don't trust those who advertise for their surgeons. Saying this...my surgeon was on US national TV again this last week listed as an expert in surgical weight loss. HA HA, I am a crazy contradiction. Double check no matter whom you choose to operate on you. Be happy and confident with your choice of surgeon by doing diligent research, be it Dr Aceves or anyone else. Many excellent surgeons to choose from.

Remember, none of our surgeons are gods. Anyone stating they have never had complications...RUN

Hugs to all...I love my sleeve and have no regrets.