Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

African American Sleevers

Sorry to hear that briteyez glad to hear ur bettet if u don't mind me asking wat were ur complications?

So 2 weeks, 3 days out. Finally able to start Phase 2 as of yesterday. Frustrated because all I got in regarding Proteins is 15 grams! Something has got to give!

I wouldn't worry too much about the level of Protein at first it takes a while. It took me from December 3rd till February 11 before i could eat more than a bite or two of food at all and i couldn't drink Protein Shakes at all. The only thing i could get in was Water. i had the same fears about something has got to give. i am now able to eat but i still don't think i get close to the 130grams of protein/day they say I'm supposed to get due to height and being male. If i had to guess i probably get around 35 to 50 a day right now but it's takes a while to get there. I still have the energy i was lacking when i couldn't eat but a big boost is getting a good Protein Shake for Breakfast. i found one that is 35 grams of Protein that helps but i don't drink it every day. even if you find one that is around 20 like using sugar free carnation instant Breakfast and skim milk it's 17 grams of protein i have that a few times a week. I haven't tried yet but many on here have recommended premier i believe it's called from costco i might go tomorrow and take a look so I'll let you know. i eat a small bag of peanuts or some Jerky from a health food store for a snack or lunch while I'm out working to keep my protein levels up. i try to eat every 2 hours and then get my Water and Fluid intake in between that. If your a coffee drinker making a cup of coffee with a scoop of flavored or unflavored protein as a Creamer is a good way to get protein and Fluid in at the same time as my nutritionist and doctor say coffee can count as your fluid. like i said i struggled more than most so if you have any questions or concerns feel free to send me a message.

I was sleeved on Monday, and I'm looking forward to when i can eat normal again. My question is...what kind of foods are guys eating??

Hello Guys!

I am excited to say that my surgery will be this Thursday! However, there are a few questions that I have. I was told to take 3,500mg in calcium citrate. Everywhere I have read always says that 1500 mg should be the limit. I was wondering how much Calcium other sleevers are taking. As we know Calcium effects the bones and teeth and etc. and I dont want to suffer any deficiency however, I dont want to overdose either. SOMEBODY RESPOND QUICKLY AND SWIFTLY PLEASE! I have a lot of support and I am looking forward to a big change.

Thanks and be blessed,

DYNAMITETEE

Hello Guys!

I am excited to say that my surgery will be this Thursday! However, there are a few questions that I have. I was told to take 3,500mg in calcium citrate. Everywhere I have read always says that 1500 mg should be the limit. I was wondering how much Calcium other sleevers are taking. As we know calcium effects the bones and teeth and etc. and I dont want to suffer any deficiency however, I dont want to overdose either. SOMEBODY RESPOND QUICKLY AND SWIFTLY PLEASE! I have a lot of support and I am looking forward to a big change.

Thanks and be blessed,

DYNAMITETEE

My doctor recommends 2000 mg a day divided in doses of 500mg 4 times a day. For normies, the recommended daily amount is 1000 mg a day. 3500 mg does seem a little high. Is it possible that your lab tests showed a calcium deficiency and maybe your doctor is trying to get on an even playing field?

I was sleeved on Monday, and I'm looking forward to when i can eat normal again. My question is...what kind of foods are guys eating??

I'm almost 6 months out and I eat seafood, turkey, porky and some beef. I also eat minimal green veggies (because I'm usually full after I eat 3-4 oz of protein). For Snacks I do yogurt (Kroger CarbMaster), cheese sticks, lunch meat, jerkey, Quest Protein Bars. I also usually do 1 Protein Shake a day. Hope this helps.

If you have questions about medications..you can ask for others people experience with meds and vitaminns and nutrition. But please refer to you Dr. before you change anything. i would say to the Dr. I heard 1500mg was the limit on Calcium, but you have me at 3500mg why? and is this dosage safe for me? After you have your surgery you will have a full cbc lab done on a regular basis. Get a copy for yourself and go over any concerns you have once the doctor explains the lab jargon. i get a copy of mine about 30 minutes before my appt. i go over it...if any thing says low or high i discuss with my doctor how to correct it. For instance i had been taking b-12 supplements, but when i got my labs my b-12 was off the charts high..i had been taking one 2500mcg a day..obviously i found out my nutrition and body supply enough combined with the flintstone chewable. and i didn't need extra..but I did need Vitamin D. So i take less B12 and more take more Vitamin D. get a baseline copy of your labs to see where you are at pre surgery. After surgery take your meds and Vitamins as you are directed. and keep and eye on your labs and discuss changes with your Dr. based on your lab reports. Just my humble opinion. :)

I'm almost 6 months out and I eat seafood' date=' turkey, porky and some beef. I also eat minimal green veggies (because I'm usually full after I eat 3-4 oz of protein). For Snacks I do yogurt (Kroger CarbMaster), cheese sticks, lunch meat, jerkey, Quest Protein bars. I also usually do 1 Protein shake a day. Hope this helps.[/quote']

Sounds good!! Its been a week today and I'm craving soul food! Lol

Hey everyone I got my date yesterday April 8th im soooo excited cant wait. ..

Has anyone used the Black Girls Workout too DVD???

Congrats!

Congrats newnew we're sleeve buddies!

Congrats newnew we're sleeve buddies!

Heyyyyyyyy how bout that. May God grant us with the strength needed to prosper to success n healthy living. ♡♥♡♥

Hey everyone im whitney. I am so happy to have found a site where i can communicate with people going through some of the same issues i am. I am post op hoping to have my surgery sometime this year.

Out of all the things people say you should expect after surgery the one think that bothered me was the hairloss. I am one of those ladies who relaxes and flat irons her hair religously. I just wonder what effects the surgery will have on relaxed hair or is going natural something i need to consider.

[ATTACH]10663[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]10663[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]10663[/ATTACH]

post-29330-13813664077497_thumb.png