Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sizzilng September Sleevers Monday Check In

Finally have a net loss of 1.2 pounds and it only took three and a half weeks to get there! NO inches lost yet The only size 20's I can fit into are stretch jeans but at least they aren't ballooning out around my hips and thighs.

My bra size is freaking unreal. I was wearing 46DDD and now a band size of 34 is too big because I have to use the innermost hooks and my cup size is still DD, what with all the folding and such. Try finding THAT in a store. Even have trouble on eBay where you can find anything!

I really thought I would lose more than 20 pounds after surgery and to achieve a normal BMI, I still have 100 pounds to go! I guess I can live with being a card carrying member of the slow losers club if I was sure it would eventually come off <sigh>

Finally have a net loss of 1.2 pounds and it only took three and a half weeks to get there! NO inches lost yet The only size 20's I can fit into are stretch jeans but at least they aren't ballooning out around my hips and thighs.

My bra size is freaking unreal. I was wearing 46DDD and now a band size of 34 is too big because I have to use the innermost hooks and my cup size is still DD, what with all the folding and such. Try finding THAT in a store. Even have trouble on eBay where you can find anything!

I really thought I would lose more than 20 pounds after surgery and to achieve a normal BMI, I still have 100 pounds to go! I guess I can live with being a card carrying member of the slow losers club if I was sure it would eventually come off <sigh>

Hey you're doing GREAT. Lots of weight gone... and the good news... its gone forever. The sleeve really really works. It will come off. I know, it never comes off as fast as we want but it's a sleeve, not a magic wand. We'll get there. We are all here to support each other. I believe you will be successful. You gotta believe it too. Take that frustration out with an extra walk around the block.

We're rockin and rollin here.

Labrys here....

Okey Dokey... here's the scoop

I dropped about a pound and half this week. My food intake needs some attention and my fluids are not where they need to be. I'll pay better attention this week.

This is Thanksgiving week. It will be good to have the dinner and be with friends and family. And its good to know that I will not over stuff myself. I'm rockin' this sleeve.

Last week: 206

This week: 204.5

Look out onederland, I'm rollin' into town! car.gif

Hi all...I have a good week and lost 3.5 pounds. Hope everyone has a great turkey day!

Cherice

Hi all -- I am still at 247.4 (did the scale dance again today - on,off,on, off) -- so this is the THIRD week in a row where I have been hovering around 247. I'm just glad that my weigh in day was not Sunday when the scale said 250!! :blink: So for tomorrow, I will be thankful that although I am in a stall, I am at an even stall. :) Have a GREAT Thanksgiving September Sistas!

Good morning everyone!!

FJM, That IS an interesting bra size! :-D You might need to start getting yours custom made when you keep losing.

Labrys, Congrats on the good going! I have to keep remembering... when's the last time I was losing during the Halloween to New Years Day stretch? Never!! Not even with my Lap Band!! But I'm doing that now... and THAT is amazing all its own. :) Good luck for the Onederland entry soon!! Keep us posted on that. :-)

cherice, WOW!! You are doing exceptionally well right now! Keep it up!!

julia, so you are officially having a little plateau. All I can suggest is to try your very hardest not to stress. Stress can be an undoing for weight loss, that is no myth. I know it's easier said than done, being that it's the Holidays and you're in a whole new world. I'll just offer up *hugs* and best wishes that next week your scale will be a little kinder!! You're such a sweet lady, it will be nice to you soon! :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As for me, well I'm down 2.4 Lbs since my last weigh in -- which was about 10 days ago. Not bad! I mean on paper 2.4 Lbs in a week and a half would seem not so good, but to me I'm celebrating every pound! If you really knew what I went through with my band you would too!! I can't believe that most every time I weigh in, it goes down. Even if for only a pound or two. I'm no way going to complain about that!

When I stepped on the scale and saw 242.8 I couldn't help but smile. I really don't think I've weighed this little in at least a year and a half. Nice!!! Once I break the 230's I know it will be since 2008, 6 months after being banded. Whoohoooo!!!!

I've had my stalls too here and there, and I hate that too. But wow, for the last few years with the scale going up and up - I'll take this any day! :) So my next weigh in is November 30th. I always weigh in on the first and the last day of every month to get my monthly totals. See you all next Tuesday! Hopefully I'll drop any more of the Water I might still be holding on to.

I miss you all!! Sorry I vanished! Been So swamped with work and kids and holidays and everything. I am doing fine but in a stall.. not really eating right, but before I'd be in a gaining pattern. It's nice just to be in a stall. I need to get focused, and I will.

I'll be back to catch up SOME time over this 4 day weekend!!!!

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!

You are a 34/32 DD? HOLY COW that right there makes me jealous.

Labrys here...

I'd just like to say that I am sooo glad to be part of this group. LMD, you are the bomb. Thanks for all the support. Our journey together is helpful. All of us will have plateaus and stalls, but we will all lose, too. Its good to read all of your posts and know that all is progressing as it should.

We are a great group. Thanks to all who post here. Heck, even if your surgery was not in september, join the love and support of this group.

Many many hugs and best wishes for a joyful Thanksgiving.

Happy Monday!

I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving. It felt really odd to not be eating much. I had about three spoons of mashed potatoes and maybe an oz of turkey with gravy. Luckily my family all knows and everyone just acted like it was the most normal thing to be eating less than my 2 year old :rolleyes: I lost 2.5 pounds this week. I am still only able to consume the smallest amounts of food. Kind of a double edged sword-I think it is helping me to lose fast, but I am in a constant state of hunger :hurt: and every time I do eat, it feels uncomfortable, which makes me really not want to eat at all. Of well, just looking toward the day I eat 4 oz of food and feel ok.

Have a great week. You guys are awesome!

Cherice

Labrys here... this thingy is a labrys --> (>|<) Double bladed axe said to have been used by the amazons and Greek menoans. It has come to be a symbol of woman power.

Anywho...

HW 238

SW 230 -- Cherice you're a week ahead of me but we weighed the same at surgery

Last Week 204.5

This Week 200

Ooooo, that onederland is just over the horizon.

Having the same weight for a while is not fun, but it is comforting to know that it will all be just a faint memory because we will drop those old unwanted pounds. Here is a suggestion. Picture yourself at you slim goal weight and eliminate words like stall and stuck in regard to weight loss. Ok, climbing down off soap box.

We all understand.

Cherice your weight loss has been awesome!!!

Labrys, you are sooo close to Onederland girlie! You will probably be there tomorrow! That would be just great. Please let us know when you are. I think that warrants an out of Monday post... hehe :D

I also totally agree that we have to forgive the scale. It's going to say what it will, as long as we are doing the right thing it will do the right thing too... eventually! :)

I'll do my weigh in on Wednesday. I am weighing tomorrow but I did even this weekend and it said I'm up a half pound. Not sure why, but like I already said - the scale has a mind of its own. My clothes tell another story!!!

That scale and I have words quite often. I am convinced it is a big fat liar. I tried on some non-stretch jeans that wouldn't even go over my leg before this weekend and I was able to button them. Bending and sitting isn't a good deal of fun but at least I don't have a foot of extra material around my hips and thighs! I got up this morning and weighed and the dirty bird said I was up .6 pounds. I was thinking I would have to wash the one pair of jeans I have that are stretch (and that I can bend in) but I was in a hurry so I put on those non-stretch size 20 jeans. They still fit just fine. So there, you stupid machine.

Still trying to figure out my meds and insulin so I don't do "exercise" but I do move around the house a lot, cleaning, packing storing, cleaning up dog mess "cause it's too cold to go outside and get wind up my hoo hoo." All that kind of thing. Except for today. I got a flu shot AND a peenewmonia (as my mama said it) shot yesterday because my grandkids keep getting strep and now I can't lift my arms. OW!

Hi everyone! Sorry I've been gone since T-day -- had a great time and ate just the right amount, no carbs (which I wanted to cry over, but it was just one day and it's over so . . ) -- I had a big weight loss this week 6.8 pounds after 3 weeks at the same weight -- puts the average weight loss per week at 2 pounds for the month, but what the heck, I'll take it! I think the big difference in the weight loss has been the exercise -- I really upped the exercise, walking an hour for 4.5 - 5 kilometers (a little over 3 miles). I was reading the book Eat it Up! by Connie Stapleton which is a really interesting book for post op WLS patients and she recommended 60 - 90 minutes of exercise per day blink.gif That said, I decided I could walk for an hour. So I did and so far it's paying off. :)

Cherice Hooray!! 2.5 pounds after T-day - that is awesome!

Labrys 4.5 pounds!! Wow! That's absolutely incredible -- and on top of it you are looking over the edge to ONDERLAND!!! Hooray!!!

FatJuicyMouse -- you know, I was up .4 pounds and then down and then up for 3 weeks. It was really frustrating, so I completely sympathize. And as far as I was concerned I was doing everything right!! Just keep plugging away -- the body can't hold onto that darn fat forever! You know who will win the fat war in the end ;)

Have a great rest of the week everyone!

Hey everybody!!! It's WEDNESDAY!!!

Whew, I'm so glad I do mine on this day. It seems to work the best for me!

Labrys, wow that is a GREAT LOSS!! I'm looking for one of those myself here... haha :lol:

FJM and Juliah, I really try not to allow that darn scale to affect my mood. It's going to say what it wants - but like any great novel there is usually a lot more to the story. :)

Juliah, I'm so glad the scale was nice to you this time! I knew it would happen. Not sure why but it seems it will say anything it wants. CONGRATS TO YOU!!!

Myself I'm down 1.2 Lbs this week. That is great! I'll certainly take it for sure! When is the last time I've actually LOST during Thanksgiving week? NEVER!!! Nope. Not even when I was banded. I'm super DUPER HAPPY!!

For the month of November I've only lost a bit over 5 Lbs though. So... I really do need to focus on bumping up my workouts. I've been half-arsing them, but the scale is starting to slow up a bit for me so I have to work that out.

But... I am now more than halfway to goal! Considering I've lost nearly 90 lbs from my highest (not my sleeve weight) I'm over the moon about it! Less than 90 and I'm done! My goal size is 8 though, so who knows, I may even stop sooner than 154 Lbs.. If I'm healthy and feel and look great - to me THAT'S my true goal. I really try not to give the scale the upper hand!!!

Right now I can fit any size 18, and most 16's. I'm also into one size 14 but only one pair - so I'm not there yet.

Also I'm fully into the XL and most L's. LG!!!

See you all next week! Keep plugging away!