Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Thirtysomething's

I had to lose weight pre-surgery too, I had a two week liquid opt-fast diet pre-surgery, so all my last suppers were in the two weeks before those two weeks! :confused:

My Dr. is very strict. I can not gain any weight up to my surgery date or it is a deal breaker.

Time to love me - What is up with your surgeon? At 233 if you gain anything that is a deal breaker? I would be screwed if I had your surgeon.

Unfortunately I work next to a major bitch and she won't shut her damn mouth and leave me alone. If I eat a cookie she's like "can you have that on lapband? are you gonna fall off the wagon?"<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

Josette - I told some people I was having the surgery and now I am regretting it too. I guess they think they are being supportive when they say things like "You are going to blow everyone away!" I do not want to blow anyone away, just be healthier, more active and be able to shop for clothes ANYWHERE!

Maybe it is just me but it seems shallow. Like when people say we have such a pretty face, but I guess looks are important - ugh:ermm

On the other hand I have noticed how YOUNG everyone looks once they loose weight, I will look forward to that.

I was robbed of my last supper. I was banded in Monterrey with Dr. Sanchez. I had planned on some fajitas or enchiladas. Authentic mexican food....flour tortillas, Beans, rice, salsa! We got there and went to the hospital for paperwork and found out he could fit me in a day early...I never got a last supper, lol.

3 loves, Yeah I feel cheated by my Dr. BUT this is a good thing, I need to start somewhere. There's no time like now. I'm doing my best to stay strong. I've lost 6 pounds since my last visit, so if I really feel the need to go on a last night binge, I'll be okay to cheat a little. :heh:

Josie, your post is EXACTLY why noone knows about me being banded, besides my husband. I have no patience with people who think they know everything or people who lurk over others that are trying to lose weight.. while they tell them everything they should and shouldn't eat. To hell with that, I wouldn't be FAT if I had made the right choices from the beginning. Now I'll have a tool to remind me to eat the right choices EVERY time I put something in my mouth.

Big Girl, be glad you dont' have my Dr. He denied another girl in our group this morning ( I just found out). I'm going to ask him what the big deal is. I'm assuming that it has something to do with the liver needing to shrink. That's just a guess?

Hi. I'm Liz. I'm 30. Just me and my two dogs and two ferrets. No one knows yet that I'm going to mexico because they would all give me a hard time. I will truly be going through this alone.

Hi. I'm Liz. I'm 30. Just me and my two dogs and two ferrets. No one knows yet that I'm going to mexico because they would all give me a hard time. I will truly be going through this alone.

LIZ, You are not going through this alone, you have a lot of support here at LBT :biggrin1: . I know you will have to go it alone at home but you can always, at any time, hop online and get support here. There are many people who have "buddies" and they chat on the phone a lot too.

I, too, am not telling anyone but my husband and I will be in and out of these boards many times a day.. roll out the door mat ;) . Yes, I do have my husband and I'm very grateful for that, but he has no clue to what I'll be going through and I'm going to need you guys for all the support I can get.

So anyway.. :welcome: you'll love this place, it has so much info. that you can read for days!! Take it all in, it's amazing what you can learn. I thought I knew a lot before I signed on here and after reading many threads... I found out that I was not as prepared for the band as I first thought. Best of luck to you, we'll be thinking of you.

Hi everyone.

We got way buried and I was just going to move us a little...... :)

So I told one person at work tonight, and instead of having to explain this that and the other, she said "oh yeah, I had a gastric bypass last year!" She then went on to point out all the different people at work who have had gastric bypasses.... I wonder if being in medicine makes you fat- you know with the drug reps bringing yummy stuff all the time... Anyway, she didn't know of anyone being banded, but i was really amazed at the number of people she told me about (5!).

Liz--

Glad you found some support locally!!! I have a woman in my office that did the bypass.....I like my choice better of the band! But she lost the weight and her health is pretty good!!

Just glad you found others you can talk too!!!

God Bless,

Melody

Banded 3/20/06 -52lbs :)

Hi everyone, my name is cristina. I'm 35, 5'4", 240#. I have 4 kids. Girl 19, girl 17, girl 7, boy 6,.Grandbaby girl 1 year july 8. I live in Ct. and will be banded july 17 by Dr. Barba in Hartford ct. I am divorced almost 10 years now, but have a very sweet, cute live-in boyfriend.I am currently a stay at home mom, who is in nursing school to become an RN. I want to help the Doc's deliver babies. That has been my dream ever since I had my first child and had this really sucky mean nurse with me during labor. All she did was tell me that my pain wasn't too bad and to stop complaining. Mind you, I was 16, 120# , a 9# baby and I went totally natural, not to mention that I was in hard active labor with contractions every minute for 11 hrs. I thought I would die! I said never again, but 2 years later I was up against it again. went natural with no pain killers again. 3rd time I took an epideral, I said screw this! My last one was natural, just barely made it to the hospital, he came so fast that they didnt have time to even hook me up to the moniters. So anyways, I want to be of some comfort for women who are in labor. It can be very frightening for first time mommies, God knows I was Horrified.Anyways I can't wait to join ya all on the band wagon, and start losing this god awful gelatinous fatness.LOL

I love your story! It's funny, I had a nurse too that wasn't so warm and fuzzy and I can picture her to this day and what she said and sounded like and that was 15 years ago!

Im 38 and live in Ventura also. I can answer any questions you might have.

I'd love to get together with you some time and exchange stories! I'll PM you my phone #.

Can we talk Drugs?

I am talking post band pain killers, not the recreational kind!

I asked my DR. for my prescriptions so I can go ahead and have them ready when I get home. He gave me a prescription for Butorphanol Tartrate nasal spray for the pain.

Those of you who are banded, did you use this for pain or what did you use?

Thanks!

My doctor prescribed me liquid Codeine w/ Tylenol. Also, after I ran out of that I bought some Liquid Tylenol PM at Wallgreen's and that was actually better then the prescription stuff!

Hi! Aimee from Louisiana. I"m 35, to be 36 July 30th. I have the most beautiful 4 1/2 year old little girl (I'll argue that she's the most beautiful with anyone! Gorgeous :) But isn't that how we all feel about our babies?- I know I"m biased...)

I've been banded since 6/7/06 and I"m patiently...er....slightly patiently awaiting my first fill. I'm starving. HUNGRY. I'm just trying my damndest not to gain what I've lost....

Hi to everyone!

Hey everyone!!! I am 32 years old and 2 weeks post op. I have one step son, a wonderful and supportive hubby and 2 dogs (black labs). I have been debating about getting this lap band for almost 2 years now. Finally we decided that it was time. So far I am happy that I have done this. I started at 284 lbs and I have lost 30 lbs so far. I'm a LPN but I am back in school full time to become a Nurse Practitioner. I'm very excited to see what this procedure will bring to me and I know I have the will power to take it as far as I want. I look forward to meeting more about so many of you and developing several friendships. Good luck everyone!

Hi Liz----

I too, have not told anyone. My friends would not understand. This is my one outlet for support and understanding. I have a friend, who I met when I had surgery in Mexico, and we keep in touch regularly. It's nice to have someone experiencing things at the same time as me (we had surgery the same day). People here are very supportive, I only wish I had more time to post! You are not alone. You are making a decision to make your life healthier and more enriched! Congradulations!!!