Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Thirtysomething's

Hello All.......

I am 32 will be 33 in October. I have been married for 10 1/2 years and I am the lucky mommy of two beautiful girls. Lexie will turn "5" next Thursday and Jaycee will turn "1" next Friday!! YIKES!!!!!!! I am done having kids and I am enjoying my "new life!" I was banded on 4/3/06 and I have currently lost 45lbs. (includes the 17lbs I lost prior to surgery) I love the fact that I can actually put clothes in the dryer and know that they will fit the next time I wear them. I have my first fill next Tuesday and I am ready for it, as I feel that my appetite is gradually increasing.:) I am hoping this fill will put a stop to my increasing appetite.<!-- SpaceID=150500004 loc=FSRVY noad --><SCRIPT language=javascript>if(window.yzq_d==null)window.yzq_d=new Object();window.yzq_d['UwUUB9j8YnA-']='&U=129vnmrjk%2fN%3dUwUUB9j8YnA-%2fC%3d-1%2fD%3dFSRVY%2fB%3d-1';</SCRIPT><NOSCRIPT>b?P=IjkGN0SOx.PY0zsJRClR2gDnP8G3mUSKT.wAC3Mn&T=13vbnak8g%2fX%3d1149915117%2fE%3d150500004%2fR%3dmail%2fK%3d5%2fV%3d2.1%2fW%3dH%2fY%3dYAHOO%2fF%3d1736342441%2fQ%3d-1%2fS%3d1%2fJ%3d26C78E44&U=129vnmrjk%2fN%3dUwUUB9j8YnA-%2fC%3d-1%2fD%3dFSRVY%2fB%3d-1</NOSCRIPT><!-- SpaceID=150500004 loc=FR001 noad --><SCRIPT language=javascript>if(window.yzq_d==null)window.yzq_d=new Object();window.yzq_d['TAUUB9j8YnA-']='&U=13aeqhnht%2fN%3dTAUUB9j8YnA-%2fC%3d229842.2969337.4301153.1958505%2fD%3dFOOT2%2fB%3d1453328';</SCRIPT><NOSCRIPT>b?P=IjkGN0SOx.PY0zsJRClR2gDnP8G3mUSKT.wAC3Mn&T=13vngdbv1%2fX%3d1149915117%2fE%3d150500004%2fR%3dmail%2fK%3d5%2fV%3d2.1%2fW%3dH%2fY%3dYAHOO%2fF%3d1805126075%2fQ%3d-1%2fS%3d1%2fJ%3d26C78E44&U=13aeqhnht%2fN%3dTAUUB9j8YnA-%2fC%3d229842.2969337.4301153.1958505%2fD%3dFOOT2%2fB%3d1453328</NOSCRIPT><!-- SpaceID=150500004 loc=RS noad --><SCRIPT language=javascript>if(window.yzq_d==null)window.yzq_d=new Object();window.yzq_d['TQUUB9j8YnA-']='&U=126disrbb%2fN%3dTQUUB9j8YnA-%2fC%3d-1%2fD%3dRS%2fB%3d-1';</SCRIPT><NOSCRIPT>b?P=IjkGN0SOx.PY0zsJRClR2gDnP8G3mUSKT.wAC3Mn&T=13v86an6r%2fX%3d1149915117%2fE%3d150500004%2fR%3dmail%2fK%3d5%2fV%3d2.1%2fW%3dH%2fY%3dYAHOO%2fF%3d2752770528%2fQ%3d-1%2fS%3d1%2fJ%3d26C78E44&U=126disrbb%2fN%3dTQUUB9j8YnA-%2fC%3d-1%2fD%3dRS%2fB%3d-1</NOSCRIPT><!-- SpaceID=150500004 loc=RS2 noad --><SCRIPT language=javascript>if(window.yzq_d==null)window.yzq_d=new Object();window.yzq_d['TgUUB9j8YnA-']='&U=127p87an2%2fN%3dTgUUB9j8YnA-%2fC%3d-1%2fD%3dRS2%2fB%3d-1';</SCRIPT><NOSCRIPT>b?P=IjkGN0SOx.PY0zsJRClR2gDnP8G3mUSKT.wAC3Mn&T=13u7tvbod%2fX%3d1149915117%2fE%3d150500004%2fR%3dmail%2fK%3d5%2fV%3d2.1%2fW%3dH%2fY%3dYAHOO%2fF%3d485538447%2fQ%3d-1%2fS%3d1%2fJ%3d26C78E44&U=127p87an2%2fN%3dTgUUB9j8YnA-%2fC%3d-1%2fD%3dRS2%2fB%3d-1</NOSCRIPT>

<IFRAME style="DISPLAY: none" name=asynch width=0 height=0></IFRAME><SCRIPT type=text/javascript> var oReplyTop = MenuButton('replytop',Reply_Click,'replymenu',ReplyMenu_Click); var oReplyBottom = MenuButton('replybottom',Reply_Click,'replymenu',ReplyMenu_Click); var oForwardTop = MenuButton('forwardtop',Forward_Click,'forwardmenu',ForwardMenu_Click); var oForwardBottom = MenuButton('forwardbottom',Forward_Click,'forwardmenu',ForwardMenu_Click); var oMoveTop = MenuButton('movetop',Move_Click,'movemenu',DestinationFolder_Click); var oMoveBottom = MenuButton('movebottom',Move_Click,'movemenu',DestinationFolder_Click); </SCRIPT><!-- v3.305.22 1148348161 --><!-- 0.28861 --><SCRIPT language=javascript>if(window.yzq_p==null)document.write("<scr"+"ipt language=javascript src=""http://us.js2.yimg.com/us.js.yimg.com/lib/bc/bc_2.0.3.js></scr"+"ipt>");</SCRIPT><SCRIPT language=javascript src="http://us.js2.yimg.com/us.js.yimg.com/lib/bc/bc_2.0.3.js"></SCRIPT><SCRIPT language=javascript>if(window.yzq_p)yzq_p('P=IjkGN0SOx.PY0zsJRClR2gDnP8G3mUSKT.wAC3Mn&T=13pgn9ip0%2fX%3d1149915117%2fE%3d150500004%2fR%3dmail%2fK%3d5%2fV%3d1.1%2fW%3dJ%2fY%3dYAHOO%2fF%3d658531472%2fS%3d1%2fJ%3d26C78E44');if(window.yzq_s)yzq_s();</SCRIPT><NOSCRIPT>b?P=IjkGN0SOx.PY0zsJRClR2gDnP8G3mUSKT.wAC3Mn&T=13usbg3mo%2fX%3d1149915117%2fE%3d150500004%2fR%3dmail%2fK%3d5%2fV%3d3.1%2fW%3dJ%2fY%3dYAHOO%2fF%3d130779707%2fQ%3d-1%2fS%3d1%2fJ%3d26C78E44</NOSCRIPT><!-- web81415.mail.mud.yahoo.com compressed/chunked Fri Jun 9 21:51:56 PDT 2006 --> Since I am lucky enough to have my summers off (I am a high school RSP Math teacher) I will be hopefully working on my tan and enjoying the new found energy with my girls!! I am so happy to have found support from this website and I am looking forward to continuing this "new life" journey with all of you! I wish you all the best of luck!!

Jenn, I was banded the same day and now I feel I need a real kick in the *$# to get my weightloss going, I'm only down 22lbs, and I've already had a 2cc fill plus .5cc for the dead space in the tubing in my 4cc band. I lost a lot quicker with my first band. I was trying to blame it on being older (guess that doesn't fly now, you're only six months younger than me) so I've got to blame it on my own lack of dedication and health now!

Nice to meet you all, I'm counting on you to help hold me accountable!

April

298/277/245/180

weight at first banding/weight at second banding/current weight/my goal weight

OOPS ! I'VE ACTUALLY LOST 32lbs, I FEEL BETTER NOW , BUT STILL WOULDN'T MIND A LITTLE HELP STAYING ON TRACK! THANKS:clap2:

30 yrs old here with 4 children. A 13yo girl, 8 yo boy/girl twins and a 2 yo girl. I am finally getting married for the first time in September. I am doing a Bach in Associated Social Science and have 3 yrs to go. I was banded 14 mths ago and have lost in the vicinity of 85 lbs. Could have been more if I had been better behaved, but I am really happy with where I am going. I recently had a Tummy Tuck and breast lift and life has been awesome!!!

I am also an Aussie as well, living about 1.5hrs from Sydney.

I also have a few spare rolls of loo paper and am off to the 2 something thread to play up :)

lightnerbride........ I think I skimmed through a long message of yours earlier and you have had tons of medical problems. So, I would say 32lbs is AWESOME!! You should be proud of that not discouraged! You are ahead of the game, remember this is just a "tool" and the average weight loss is 1/2 -1lb a week, if you do your math you are about 22lbs ahead! Keep up the good work!Jen

i did it!! i toilet paper'd the 20 somethings...i told them to respect their elders...hehehehe:heh:

http://http://lapbandtalk.com/showthread.php?p=237328#post237328

Mini,

If it hadn't taken me nearly 20 minuts to read this post, I might have been able to help you. I love the idea of it, at the very least. :)

I'm 35, married for 15 yrs. I have 2 boys, age 14 and 9. My other children are 2 yorkies age 6 and 2, currently they're my babies.

I work for the Ohio Bureau of Workers' Compensation as a rehab case manager.

I was banded 4/4/05 and have lost 76 lbs. I've been on a long plateau and am working to break it. Last doc appt got a fill and thought I'd get going again, but doc thinks I may have a leak.

Kellie, we need new pics since your tt and lift! Cant ever have too many pics for inspiration, lol!!!!

Hi Everyone,

I figured I would post in this thread because I am closer to 30 than 20.

My name is Vickie and I am from Arlington MA. I am married to a wonderful man of 4 years. We have a son Michael Angelo 3 years old. My occupation is Sales.

I was banded 4/11/06 and I am down 40 pounds after surgery and feel wonderful. I have had 1 fill but need another have appointment on Tuesday.

Very nice to meet everyone.

Vickie

Hey, good idea for a thread.

I am a 30 year old, soon to be 31 in December. I am mixed half Thai and half Puerto Rican. My husband is Puerto Rican. My son is 11 and daughter 4.

I do not plan on having any more children but I did dream last night that I was pregnant and with a boy, (I remember feet moving around inside of me and rubbing my belly.) Oh geesh! I hope not! I'd rather adopt to be honest.

I own a small medical consulting firm. Hubby is a Sales Coach for a large cell phone company.

We have a Mini Doberman Pinscher named Lilo and a little blue Thai fighter fish named Stitch.

We live in Florida and may soon relocate to Arkansas for real estate boom.

I have a Bachelors in Science and a Masters of Science and I am the worst speller ever.

I was an athlete throughout highschool and in college, Field Hockey, Track Team, Tennis and Swim Team. In highschool I weighed at most 125lbs and after my son, I skyrocketed to 205lbs. I lost most of my weight back down to 135-140lbs after my son was born. I spent many hours in the gym getting back to that weight. In 2001 I got pregnant with my daughter and went from 145lbs to 240lbs, gaining 95lbs. Since my daughter was born, I managed to get my weight down to 209lbs on the transformations program. Father passed away in 2003 and my weight went back up to 240lbs again. For all I know I could have weighed more but I threw away my scale.

Prior to making the decision to do this surgery, I spent weeks cutting down on my food intake but the weight would not come off. I did not eliminate bad foods, just cut back on them. No results. I began to exercise and dropped 8lbs right before vacation in the Bahamas on 4/05 - 4/09/06. I flew to Monterrey on 4/10/06 and at preops was 235lbs. I gained 3lbs back while on vacation.

Since my heaviest weight at 240 almost 2 months ago, I have lost 50lbs to date. I am down to 190, though i did see 189 last night. (peeped). My goal is to be 135 lbs by August which has become very controversial, with regards to the speed at which I am making myself lose. No biggie. I have 55lbs more to go and will reach goal.

I plan on having a TT upon reaching 5 to 10lbs above goal weight. I also plan on having my armpit/breast area liposuctioned due to fatty spilling bewbies. I plan on lifting weights for body sculpting reasons, not competition reasons. I'd like to one day sell my business and take up something less sedentary and more active such as possibly personal training.

That's about it.

America's Most Remedial Bandster checks in.

About Me:

Confirmed 30-Something single gal.:)

I have no kids of course (and not planning to having any, considering the trouble I've had with my weight. Oy!) but I have a kitten that thinks she's a puppy and has taught herself to fetch. She's a cutie.

About my Band:

I've been banded since the invention of fire (or just feels like it - anyway, it's been 5 years) and have apparently lost about 66# of the approximately 75-80# goal my original band surgeon set for me. He made it clear in January when I'd lost 55 -57# that he thought I probably wouldn't lose any more towards even his lower-end goal (my BMI stalled at 30 for a few months) so I switched fill doctors to someone who thinks I can do more.

It sounds great to say I only need to lose 14# more to get to my original surgeon's goal, but he underestimates me. I think actually losing another at least 20# -more would make me look like a SuperStar. But we'll see. I see enough people setting unrealistic goals, and after my experiences I don't want to be one of them, but if my body would allow me to lose at least 20# or more, I'd be thrilled. I call my LapBand the "Silicone Freeloader" but it might actually start pulling its weight now and get me smaller.

Remember: Often when we get down to or near - a 30 BMI - weight loss slows considerably. Every pound lost is a mini-miracle.:)

Losing Weight:

The biggest thrill about losing weight is being able to wear more fashionable clothes again. I love shopping, love clothes, absolutely love shoes. So it's nice to be able to get into certain brand names and wear certain brands of clothes. For me, the worst thing about being so heavy for so long has meant I've had to wear more conservative clothing. I'm single and want to wear things that other young single gals wear at parties and Happy Hour. That's very important to me so above all: I want to get back into bad girl clothing. :heh:

Happy Band (And Life) Journeys To All...

Hello all - I am 32, married for almost 7 years with one little 3 yr old boy. He was born w/ a birth defect, so my goal to have another is for hubby and I to do it w/ out meds. I feel that is what caused it. Ok so that's not about the band but the PCOS is and I was baout to have my little one. So if you want them and have PCOS it could be possible. :) Job - well I actually work for my surgeon now. LOVE IT!!! Helping others and educating them on the band is just a life's dream. I have been in banking since I was 18..so this is a huge change for me. But I feel totally honored to be able to work for such a great man.

I will be banded for 1 year on the 13th this tuesday. WOW where does the time go. I have lost in the neighborhood of 85 pounds. Very happy with that. Still going...Started @ 316 so I can't complain I am much more healthier. I have been overfilled once - and have had flipped port. But would I do again. YES EVERYDAY if I had to.

So glad to meet other 30's and banded people....

Hello all -

I'm Stephanie - 39 - married for 18 years with one son, 14 years

I am being banded in Duluth, MN on July 5th.

I am a secretary for a principal at a middle school. I have 10 more days of work and then I'm off for 8 weeks. I'm looking forward to taking the summer to concentrate on me and my recovery from surgery.

Hello. So nice to read everyones' "mini" stories and get to know other 30 somethings!!

I am 38ys old.....I am married to the most wonderful husband for all of 2 years!!! We have not had children as we haven't settled down long enough to have a child!! Although, Lord-willing, we are hoping by Christmas to try for one....practicing til then!! :)

I am a Physician Assistant after going back to school 9 ys ago transitioning from a Registered Nurse. I have worked in every conceivable specialty it seems.....have settled into Urgent Care in Orange City, FL. My sweet husband has just passed his realtors state exam and we are figuring out which avenue he is going to pursue....his next class is Appraisal..... we shall see! :)

I have been overweight since birth....and progressed since then!! I have tried all diets known/invented out there....without success until now!!!! :) God is good!!! Loving this band!!!! I am down 49lbs since March 20th and hoping for 100lbs by the end of the year! I am doing this the healthy way....exercising at least 5 days a week....eating healthy ...most days! :)

Hope to get to know more about you all!!!

God Bless,

Melody

Banded 3/20/06 -49lbs :)