Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Thirtysomething's

Hello everyone! Great idea for a thread! My name is Chris, I am 32 and single. I have not been banded yet, but have started along the application process. I've had a hard time making this decision, but feel that it is the right one for me. I am just tired. Tired of being a fat person! I have been overweight forever it seems. I never weighed myself in high school, but I know that I was a size 14 and over. Since then it's only gone up. My senior year of college I got under 200 lbs for the only time in my life, and it lasted for about a year. Now - ugh! I'm 271 last time I checked. Ironically enough my weight got out of control after I started the yo-yo dieting. Hmm...maybe that's not so ironic. :)

But honestly, I have a great life! I have a great job (I work in insurance), great friends, a great family, and I have a lot of fun. I have always been a skinny girl trapped in a bigger body. I am ready to let go of my excess weight and take the world by storm!

Nice to meet you all!

Chris

Hello all! I am 33, married 12 years, mom to a son (7). I am a High School teacher. Like to read, play scrabble, and do teenager stuff with my students (field trips, football games, etc).

Banded this past Monday! Glad to meet everyone here!

Hello all you thirty-somethings!

I am 34, mom of two sons (7 & 9). Married 12 years TOMORROW!!! I am an elementary principal finishing my Master's in JULY!! I will be banded on the 27th of this month!!! This is going to be a BIG year for me. I am getting banded, graduating and starting on my doctorate in August.

It is good to hear a little more info about some of you who have given inspired me so much as I prepare to leave the fat life and enter my new life as a slender person.

I am excited to be relieved of a lot of things that being overweight has caused me. I especially look forward to feeling less inhibited to get up in front of crowds and sing (I lead worship at my church) and speaking before an audience for my job. There are so many wonderful things ahead and some I probably haven't even thought of!

Jenn28, Thank you so much for being so motivational. I guess I have done pretty good considering my huge amounts of medical problems making washing the dishes or doing some laundry a full work out for me! I dream of being able to walk 10-15 minutes everyday until I can finally meet the goal of 30 minutes a day. The horrible thing about my medical problems is they are what are considered "Invisible diseases" I look pretty normal to everyone so they assume I must be okay. That is making my fight for SS disability all the harder.

But you've given me a good reason to smile today, Thanks! April:)

Oh, NewSho I so relate to the clothing issues, I love fashion even though I can't afford the designer labels I'd like to be wearing even when at goal, but at least when a size 10/12 then I can go in and find something cute that fits and looks good even at Old Navy and occasionally make it to the GAP and Macy's. It seems like when I'm so overweight the only real enjoyment I get is out of my handbags! I love my one new Juicy Couture daydreamer handbag. Then I've got two that I picked out used from ebay for Christmas and a Birthday that I love too. I'm young at heart so I love their bright colors. If I could afford it I'd get into designer sunglasses while still trying to loose weight!:)

Great to meet everyone! I remember when the thirtysomething show was on and I was in H.S. I think? I for some reason always liked that show so the title of this thread got me interested immediately. The first time I didn't dread to have to admit I was in my 30's!

I'll donate some TP for the twentysomething group TPing but not sure I have the energy to help out!!!:notagree

Best Wishes to All,

April

(got to get my ticker going!)

298/277/243.5/180

highest/banding/now/future

Hello all! I am DeeDee and I live in Georgia. I am 37 years old , single , with no kids. I have a bulldog named Tramp and a cocker spaniel named Lady. I am really loving my band. I also love this sight. I am grateful to all of you who motivate and share your struggles. I have recently got off of my butt and started to exercise( Thank you Telly). Looking forward to chatting with everyone. I am a medical laboratory technician working on my bachelors in biology. I eventually want to get a masters degree in public health. PEACE AND BLESSINGS!!

Josette, we seem to be about the same when it comes to weight loss. I am 6 feet tall and currently weigh 430. Where did you find out what you ideal weight is? I certainly don't believe that I shoudl weight 150!! :)

Hey Amy! Well I had attempted to go through the local hospitals weight management Optifast system where I had to be on a liquid diet (protien shakes) the ENTIRE summer last year and they did an entire body mass work up and all that fun stuff and said that with my bone structure being large and being 6'1" that I'd probably look and feel very comfortable around 220 or 240 even. So I don't plan to try too hard to get to "onederland" because I'd probably be looking skeletal. hehehe. "Twoferland" is just fine with ME!

:clap2:

divaliciousdee user_offline.gif Hi, I have a Cocker Spaniel too (okay I have 5 right now as one just had 3 puppies) Let's exchange Cocker pics!

Telly Melly - I wondered what nationality you were! You are so exotic and gorgeous. I'm hispanic/white and husband african-american. I don't for a minute doubt that you will hit your August goal, you have the most determination I think I've ever seen!

New Sho - Girl I totally feel the fashion wishes. I have subscriptions to Elle, Vogue, Vibe, Vibe Vixen, etc. All I can do is look and sigh and the only things I see I can buy are the Shoes, Perfume, Sunglasses, etc. This latest issue of Elle, me and my husband were sitting in bed thumbing through it together and I was like "Babe, I just realized that If I like something in a few months, I can call or go on line and order it!" The best feeling in the world!

<script type="text/javascript">*vbmenu_register("postmenu_237877", true</script>

Okay my ticker information is incorrect, now I've got to figure out how to change it. My starting weight is 277, I'm at 243.5, and my goal is 180.

Also got to figure out how to get that other information incorporated!

Thanks, April

Okay, I'll be one of the growing number of thirty-somethings on this thread.

I'm 37, and I've currently lost 90lbs since August last year, with around 80 to go. It's coming-off at around 2lbs a week now, but I'm trying to bump that up with exercise. :)

Best of luck to all those thirty-something bandsters who remember being just old enough to see "Footloose" at the cinema. :biggrin1:

(I was also jealous of my older brother who got to see Porky's 'cause he'd just turned 18):cry

Nice to meet you Teresita! Wow, looks like you are doing awesome! What an inspiration...Are you lucky enough to stay home with your kids? (what's a momba?)

Thank you I feel good about what I have accomplished so far with the help of my friends and support groups. I have a 13 year old and if I could stay home why would I want to......she's 13, she wants to be my mother.

Momba - is like a surrogate mother. I guess because I am a nuturer and always giving someone advice they may not even want ......a few people in the MD LBT Support Group gave me that name.:)

Amy huggggs, I'm sorry you had to go through so much but you are now on a road paved with lots of friends. Keep up the great work.

Did anyone help Maya with her ticker?

Pianoman...hahaha. I loved that movie!!!! I can't remember how many time's I watched it when it came out on VHS. hahaha

Great job on the weightloss!

Hi everyone! I'm Christi, 32 yrs old, married 8 yrs, 11 yr old daughter. Diagnosed w/ PCOS in 2001, gained weight steadily ever since. With the help of one of my girlfriends, I have recently discovered that I had body dismorphic disorder back in high school when I weighed 130 lbs and still thought I was a porker.

Banded Sept. 14, 2005 and have lost 52 lbs to date. Weight has stalled since April, but it's my own fault (eating junk more often than I should). I have made a resolve to lose at least another 8-10 lbs (for a total of 60 lbs) by my bandiversary in 3 months.