Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Thirtysomething's

Hey lookingout,

I have been very picky and choosy with who to tell. My family knows of course, but my in-laws don't know. They are the kind of people who speak without thinking and I don't want them to say something offensive to me. My husband is skinny, yet they call them fat.

I'm a nurse, so I went ahead and told my co-workers because I think it would have come out in the long run. Plus, I'm going to need their support when it comes to the large amounts of food that is brought to the office I work at. Other than that, majority of my friends do not know. Only the ones that came here to help me post-op. Long distant friends I haven't told. I'm personally tired of hearing about how much I should be doing without having surgery such as eating right and in proportion, exercising, etc. Well no kidding, but apparently I am not doing something right! Anyway... that is why I love this board as well because I can speak openly about my surgery and not only get my own support but offer my personal experience to others.

Hi all you 30 somethings!!! I'm just curious to see where we all are at and what challenges we have ahead of us. So I just wanted to ask all of you what your height is, start weight was and what you're desired goal is. It's just something fun to find out about each other and a good way to find a "buddy" for those of us who have the same profile. Of course we'll all be there for each other,:cheer2: I know for me that I'd love to find some people that have about the same weight and desired goal.. to keep track of and see how similiar or not.. :director:(LOL) our weight comes off. I do realize that diet and exercise :P have a huge part of this.. I guess it's more about curiousity.

I'll go first... I'm 5'5 and a half... :heh: , highest weight of 246.8.. start weight 235.5 and I have a goal of 165. I'd love to be 145, but with my age.. I'm very doubtful this will happen.. but I wouldn't pout, scream or kill myself if I hit it. :):(

HI!!

I was banded 11 days ago! Im 32, Mom of 2 kids and have a awesome wonderful husband who has been so great through this. I work in a dental office, was a dental assistant for 10 years, now am the office manager. Any how, its nice to have this 30-something thread.

I have been doing good, "celebrating" the 4th pretty much sucked for me, Im still on liquid diet for 2 more weeks :( But Ive been losing soo fast!!! 22 pounds!!!!!!!!!!!

I can do it!!!!!!

About, telling people, I know, its a tricky thing, I have friends that are supportive, but, they can also say weird things, like "your just gonna be a hot little thing" kinda like thats why Im doing it. People who have never had a problem with their weight have no idea how hard day to day things are and emotionally. None of us on here are trying to just LOOK better than our friends or any of that crap. We all just wanna feel good, be healthy and shop for cute clothes that will fit. So, it is kinda strange. I sometimes feel like its a very vein thing to do, but I know for me its not all about looks.

SO............Did anyone cheat over the 4th??

Oh, I had my first DREAM about eating! hahah, Drempt there was a big ol plate of BBQ'd steak next to my bed and I ate it and was freaking out in my dream. haha

Hello, I am 30 and I will be 31 in October. I have been married for 14 yrs, I have 3 kids boy-14, boy-11 and girl 7 3/4. I was banded on March 16th, 2006 by Dr.Munshi in Syracuse, NY. I was his first. I will be a graduate nurse in December and I will be an RN as soon as I take my boards after that. I have lost 17 lbs, a bit slow going but still on target. I have a 4cc band with 2.1cc fill. I will be going for my 3rd fill this week or next.

I have had no problems thus far, nock on wood and I look forward to real restriction.

It is nice to meet everyone :wave:

Highest weight: 187

Currently: 164

Goal: 115 (120?)

I'm only 5 feet tall people! :(

Liz, YOU GO GIRL!!! You're doing so good right now... keep up the good work! I'm amazed at how much weight you have lost thus far and very eager to see how fast this weight melts off of you. Pat yourself on the back.. that is an awesome start.

Im still on liquid diet for 2 more weeks :( But Ive been losing soo fast!!! 22 pounds!!!!!!!!!!!

I can do it!!!!!!

About, telling people, I know, its a tricky thing, I have friends that are supportive, but, they can also say weird things, like "your just gonna be a hot little thing" kinda like thats why Im doing it. People who have never had a problem with their weight have no idea how hard day to day things are and emotionally. None of us on here are trying to just LOOK better than our friends or any of that crap. We all just wanna feel good, be healthy and shop for cute clothes that will fit. So, it is kinda strange. I sometimes feel like its a very vein thing to do, but I know for me its not all about looks.

Hi Steph, Glad to see things are going great for you. 22 pounds is a wonderful start! I'm hoping I can get results like that too!! I hear you on the friends/family situations. This is the reason why I chose to only tell my husband. I only have a few friends that are overweight, nothing like myself though, and I'm tired of hearing the discussion of weightloss coming up and listening to the bashing of the bypass and the band. I was planning on telling my 5 closest friends that I've had since Kindergarten.. but changed my mind the night I had a bon fire.. ( I was planning on telling them this night..) and the topic came up about Star Jones Renyolds and a women that a friend worked with who had bypass. I was sick hearing all the neg. comments they made in general about WLS. I changed my mind for good and decided that anyone I tell most likely will have some type of comment to make to my face or behind my back. I don't want to hear neg. comments about me after I lose my weight... I don't need people stating to me that OHH YOU LOOK GREAT!!! but you had surgery.. the "easy way out". I started a thread last year called "are you a closet bandsters" and I was amazed that many people have been through the same thing with family and friends. There were many posts.. that had great advice and encouragement. So needless to say.. I feel you pain sista!

Hi Mia,

Nice to meet you too! Congrats on your weightloss, and remember any loss of weight is great! Slow turtle or the fast rabbit, doesn't matter how long it takes.. because in the end.. it's lost weight.

Thanks Time to love me,

I have actually lost that weight in the last 5 months since I left my toxic job and am now in my new healthier job! People who see me when I go back already are amazed at how much thinner i am. Now to just keep it off.....

Thanks for the cheers, you make me feel warm and fuzzy inside :( :love:

Hey there. As per the request, I'm 5'9" and I'm currently 270, my goal is 160. My mini goals are to lose 2lbs a week, and a maximum of 10lbs a month. Yup, you heard me right, I do not want to lose more than 10lbs a month. I think losing too fast has some drawbacks, I think you are more likely to end up with loose skin. I think you are more likely to end up with problems like hair loss. I know also when you lose weight you release the hormones that are stored in your fat and that can cause issues too. I did this because I want my health back, and so I want to lose as healthy as possible, I think 2lbs a week is ideal. I would be happy with 1lb a week too. My goals are about making healthier choices every day. Trying to pick the healthiest foods, getting all my nutrional goals met, focusing on natural foods, trying to shop organic when possible, and cut out chemicals and additives, it's going to take time, but I'm going to stay focused.

XO

Leila

HI all, I will be 35 on Oct. 23. My height is only 5ft. My starting weight is below on my ticker along with my goal. I live in Canyon Hills, CA with my husband and 14yr. old son, my 6 cats, 2 dogs, and one horse.:grouphug: My job is teenager and animal caretaker.LOL:rolleyes:

Does anyone here live in the Corona or Temecula, CA area.

Probably no one lives in the middle of no where where I live but the above cities are fairly close to me.

I was just banded last Weds. by Dr. Ortiz. I can't wait to eat normal food again just in smaller quantities.:hungry:

I'm 38 years old, married with 2 boys. I was banded June 6th. I get my first fill on July 17th. So far I am down around 12 lbs. Just getting use to stopping when I am not hungry anymore. That is the biggest challenge. Nice to meet everyone.

Let's see .....38ys old

Banded 3/20/06 in Dalton, GA--I was 335lbs

Current weight 281lbs-- down 54lbs

5'10"

Goal: ???? ---never been thin....thinking around 165lbs?!?! We shall see when I get there!!! :grouphug:

God Bless,

Melody

I am 38 as of today, but will be 39 in 4 more days...*ouch!*

Not banded yet...waiting on insurance approval...but got a mysterious phone call tonight from the insurance company verifying if there was a secondary insurance company, so something tells me things are starting to happen.

I have 2 children, one is 20, the other is 11, both my most precious loves in the whole world. I am a single mom, and since I am waiting for things to get going, I have noticed that I have wanted to eat everything in sight, it's just so wrong...*ugh!*

Sherri and Amy... :clap2:YEAH!!! It's your turn, Good luck with your surgery. I'll be praying for you!! Let us know when you get back!!! Hope all goes without incident. :)