Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Thirtysomething's

My preop diet begins in a few short hours!!

quote]

Okay, you can do this!!!! Stay positive and send the husband.. away. LOL He'll thank you for it later.. !!!! Just kidding.

Your time is almost here.. it will all be worth it. Best of luck to you!

Hi Time to love me

Thank you fo rthe compliment.. What bakery does your dhs family own. you can PM me. I might of frequented ther before my surgery....

Vickie

Okay, now lets compare that to pre-band diet.... That's a grand total of????

cup of soup- 50 cals?

light string cheese- 90 cals x 5= 450 cals

popsicle- sugar free??? 0-90 cals

Protein shake (probably the best thing for you all day...)- 300 cals?

what the heck are garlic stuff olives?

Doesn't look like much more than a thousand calories.

Thanks! I have been beating myself up and I didn't look at it that way. It just feels like so much. My scale has went back up two pounds too....When can I start exercising. I will be 2 weeks post op on Monday?

Hello all!!!!...A little about myself...Well I'm currently 34, will be 35 on the 18...WOO HOO...I'm very proud of my age and have earned every year...lol...I had my surgery Dec. '03 and have had complete success with it...It has been a slow process for me...But it has also been a wonderful one...I started my journey at 332 lbs and a size 26-28...I am currently 187 lbs. and a size 12-14...I am a SaHm...I have 2 kiddos, girl 12 and boy 7...My husband also has 2 boys that are 16 and 18...So as you can see, I'm a 24/7 FULLTIME mom...Love every minute of it...well there are times...lol...Anyway, before I got re-married to my wonderful Hubby I was a Floral Designer...I have also been a Cake Decorator and Wedding Caterer...I guess you could say I'm one of those creative people...My husband is an Air Traffic Controller...And no there is no stress...His only stress is being a parent...lol...We are newlyweds...We live in Spring, TX...Married New Years Eve of '05...Just wanted to let everyone here know that you are all an inspiration to me...Huge Hugs, Windy:)

Windy,

Welcome to the 30 somethings.. LOL Nice to meet you! I am a SAHM too, I have a 12 yr. old and a 2 yr old. I know what you're talking about. FULLTIME is not the word. LOL

I noticed your pictures on the before and after thread.. and you look amazing.. Bravo to you!!! You are a inspirations to me, keep up the good work.

I can't wait to be feeling and looking the way alot of you do! Best of luck to you.

BeacheeGirl wrote - Thanks! I have been beating myself up and I didn't look at it that way. It just feels like so much. My scale has went back up two pounds too....When can I start exercising. I will be 2 weeks post op on Monday?[/QUOTE]

My Dr. wants me walking 30 mintes, even three -10 mintes walks a day starting the second or 3rd day post op. But no "working out" for 4-6 weeks, just walking. Of course it is going to be around 100 degrees in St. Louis the few days after my post op...so any walking will have to take place in a mall, darn!

BIG EXCITING NEWS!! I found out that banana Republic sells clothes in a size 16!! hopefully I will be wearing that size by Christmas! :clap2:

I am going to try to avoid Lane Bryant as much as possible after my surgery.

HI. I will be 36 in August. My highest is now (+-220, BMI 45.5, only about 5' tall). I weighed a little bit less when I gave birth 3 years ago!!!!!! I've done all the diets out there over the last 36 years, with no lasting results, obviously. I've been on marriage #2 for almost 6 years, (having #1 end NOT my idea) and have a 3 year old son (my son is the best thing that EVER happend to me). Per the Bariatric Center, my goal is like 125ish. I'll be thrilled if I can make it to 150 and stay there 'til I POSSIBLY have another child. I'm playing the insurance game now. Hope to submit package soon! I'm prepared for a denial, if it happens so I'll have all my ducks in a row for an appeal. Unfortunately I agree w/MoonGoddess, I'm too waiting for things to get going and want to eat everything in sight! Wrong, I know. Well, as far as people's reactions, most were positive. If I did get an attitude from someone, my response is always...." you have NO idea what's it's like (to be huge) until you've been there" . They usually shut up then. Hopefully get banded by end of October 2006 the latest. Pets, I have a dog and a cat. The cat has severe dominance issues (not too unusual from what I hear).

30 Somthing hipsters, I found more motivation!! We just got an Anthropolgy store in St. Louis. I have always been a fan, but never thought I could shop for clothes there.

I just went to the website and see they carry size 14's!! They also have a wish list you can set up, I am setting mine up for future purchases.

Here is the website:

http://www.anthropologie.com/jump.jsp?itemID=0&itemType=HOME_PAGE

30 Somthing hipsters, I found more motivation!! We just got an Anthropolgy store in St. Louis. I have always been a fan, but never thought I could shop for clothes there.

I just went to the website and see they carry size 14's!! They also have a wish list you can set up, I am setting mine up for future purchases.

Here is the website:

http://www.anthropologie.com/jump.jsp?itemID=0&itemType=HOME_PAGE

YOU are so FUNNY!! Good for you! I for one, can't wait to stop paying for the over price clothes at Lane Bryant. I am in a size 18 right now and I can not wait to go to a Macy's clearance section and fit into a "TRUE SIZE 12". Once i get into a 12, I could care less if I lose anymore weight. I feel so comfy in a 12. To be honest, I was happy in a loose 14.. Thanks for the inspiration. I've been in a size 18 for 2 years now, ever since I gave birth to my daughter, and I just can't get out of it. Now only have a little bit longer before I am back down to a 12.

I'm 36 banded 3/20/06. Down about 30 pounds. Married for 14 years I have a 12 year old daughter and a Westie...

I am in a size 18 right now and I can not wait to go to a Macy's clearance section and fit into a "TRUE SIZE 12".

I have not been in a size 12 since...7th grade! I cannot wait.

Hi all. My name is SB and I am 31...married (at least in Canada) to a wonderful woman for 3 years, and currently living in the middle of humid hell, or Missouri as you may know it as. We have no kids yet (plan on adopting in 2 years) but one lazy dog.

We will both be banded in Mexico with Dr. Joya on Aug 10th or 11th.

Currently I weight E. That is all my scale will tell me. I assume that means over 350. We started eating low-fat/low-sugar recently to prepare for the pre-op diet.

We both work at home taking care of 3 mentally retarded young men, and I also go to school. I am finishing my BS degree in American Sign Language Interpretation.

Hi!! this is great. My name is Deborah I'm 32yrs old. I have a 2.5 yr old little girl she will be 3 in a couple of months:) anyway, i work for the telephone company born and raised in chicago..currently, living in wisconsin :):) i love this site you guys are so informative. i hope to have a ticker soon. i'm at work right now so i'll wait until i have time at home to set the ticker up. i'm currently 243lbs. (not looking forward to the pre-op diet this weekend!) and i'm 5'3" my goal?? it would be great to be 145lbs but i'll settle for 160. thanks for starting this thread!!! :)