Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Thirtysomething's

OMG! I have been eatin everything! My new scheduled date if for July 14th.

As bad as it sounds, I think I need to have one last White Castle...um... "burger"! oh and blueberry pancakes!

I have a last girls dinner planned next week and will hit my most favorite place in town - Trattoria Marcella! As of the 6th I am on Clear Liquids for 2 weeks, one week pre op & 1 week post op.

OMG! I have been eatin everything! My new scheduled date if for July 14th.

As bad as it sounds, I think I need to have one last White Castle...um... "burger"! oh and blueberry pancakes!

I have a last girls dinner planned next week and will hit my most favorite place in town - Trattoria Marcella! As of the 6th I am on clear liquids for 2 weeks, one week pre op & 1 week post op.

My nutritionist said it's totally normal to do that and you should! Enjoy yourself and have that "last supper"!! :clap2:

Can we talk Drugs?

I am talking post band pain killers, not the recreational kind!

I asked my DR. for my prescriptions so I can go ahead and have them ready when I get home. He gave me a prescription for Butorphanol Tartrate nasal spray for the pain.

Those of you who are banded, did you use this for pain or what did you use?

Thanks!

I got my surgery date. July 27th. I guess that gives me 3 weeks to PIG OUT! hahahahaa. What kind of stuff did you guys eat during your last supper syndrome???

I had McDonalds single cheeseburger, Wendy's Frescata sandwiches (loooved those), Reese Cups, & Goldfish crackers just to name a few. The great this is that I don't have any desire to have ANY of these things now. The only issue I had when I got home after being banded was those stupid pizza Hut commercials. For some reason, they made me want pizza. I got over that after a couple of days of those yummy chocolate Protein Shakes.

Can we talk Drugs?

I am talking post band pain killers, not the recreational kind!

I asked my DR. for my prescriptions so I can go ahead and have them ready when I get home. He gave me a prescription for Butorphanol Tartrate nasal spray for the pain.

Those of you who are banded, did you use this for pain or what did you use?

Thanks!

My doctor gave me Hydrocod/Apap Elixer (generic for Lortab Elixer - Hydrocodone bitartrate and acetaminophen is supplied in liquid form for oral administration.) Tastes nas-tay but it was a lifesaver in the beginning. :fish: I could take 2-4 tsp. every 4 hours as needed. The first few days I took it pretty faithfully, but then I took it at night before bed and then in the morning. Mornings especially once I went back to work, I was driven to work for the first week back just because of the medicine, but I only took it two times a day. Now I'm not taking anything, not even Tylenol. I still have some pain where my port is but it's tolerable. :eek:

Lortab Elixier...i think I took it once. i have a whole bottle if anyone needs it! j/k.

But i have an extremely high tolerance for pain (should help if and when I have PS) and was on muscle relaxers day 4 for my pinched nerve.

Good luck to those of you Last Suppering. I think i had more shrimp the last week before banding than in my whole life. I love those little buggers! My Last Supper though was www.famousdaves.com oh honey, now! that was some rib stickin' fun right there!!!

My last supper was pretty lame. LOL! Everything moved so quickly that I really had less than a week to enjoy myself, which I guess was good. I made myself a huge steak with onions and then I had a bacon cheeseburger from 5 Guys. Then I caught a horribly violent stomach flu and couldn't eat anything. It was awful! I had bought a birthday cake and didn't get a bite. My daughter got a piece and then I threw the rest in the trash to reduce temptation. But I actually became obsessed with eating some Noodle Roni parmesan because it was on my list and I never got any. I broke down two days into my pre-op liquid diet and made some, ate it very slowly so I wouldn't gorge myself. I don't think I ate more than 3/4 cup. I got it out of my system but felt horrible. I felt so bad about it that I actually did awesome for the rest of the time. My doctor was very thrilled with how small my liver was. I was sweating so bad over that little slip up, but I needed to get it out of my system. I'm a Pasta junkie! :tsk: But that's behind me now! Heh-heh! :eek: :kiss :fish:

I had a few last suppers, I went to all you can eat Chinese buffet 4 times, I went for three BIG sushi dinners, and then I did a big lobster dinner. Oh, and a farewell to the Big Mac!

Hi everyone, my name is cristina. I'm 35, 5'4", 240#. I have 4 kids. Girl 19, girl 17, girl 7, boy 6,.Grandbaby girl 1 year july 8. I live in Ct. and will be banded july 17 by Dr. Barba in Hartford ct. I am divorced almost 10 years now, but have a very sweet, cute live-in boyfriend.I am currently a stay at home mom, who is in nursing school to become an RN. I want to help the Doc's deliver babies. That has been my dream ever since I had my first child and had this really sucky mean nurse with me during labor. All she did was tell me that my pain wasn't too bad and to stop complaining. Mind you, I was 16, 120# , a 9# baby and I went totally natural, not to mention that I was in hard active labor with contractions every minute for 11 hrs. I thought I would die! I said never again, but 2 years later I was up against it again. went natural with no pain killers again. 3rd time I took an epideral, I said screw this! My last one was natural, just barely made it to the hospital, he came so fast that they didnt have time to even hook me up to the moniters. So anyways, I want to be of some comfort for women who are in labor. It can be very frightening for first time mommies, God knows I was Horrified.Anyways I can't wait to join ya all on the band wagon, and start losing this god awful gelatinous fatness.LOL

I totally understand I weigh 380lbs. waiting to finish my six month diet in order to be approved for surgery. I will be finished with my diet around October. Wish me luck girls!!!!!!!! I just love the support I get off this site LOL

Wow!!! You are all talking about the "LAST SUPPER" and making me very jealous. My Dr. is very strict. I can not gain any weight up to my surgery date or it is a deal breaker. I'd call his bluff, but 2 people in my support group got the axe on the day of surgery because of weight gain.

Someone please, eat a BIG MAC for me... LOL

KIMBER I'll be praying for good news to come your way, from the insurance comp. :confused:

That's just not fair. Is your surgeon a control freak? I bet there are some people that just can't help but gain for various reasons. Wow....I gained 15 lbs from Jan till May having last suppers. Not the best example I know. I admire you for having such a great spirit about it. :confused: Stay strong.....you can do it!!! A Big Mac isn't that good anyway.

I've been having last suppers since I decided to do this. hahaha. Unfortunately I work next to a major bitch and she won't shut her damn mouth and leave me alone. If I eat a cookie she's like "can you have that on lapband? are you gonna fall off the wagon?"

<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">Josette: that is exactly why I didn't tell anyone at work. I beat myself up enough; do I really need someone else to help?

I am 31, mother of 2 children (boy 11 and girl 9), step-mother to 2 more (boy 11 and girl 13). I have been married (again) for 7 months. I live in SE Georgia and work as a budget manager.

</TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>