Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

well I think that's right - you absolutely cannot depend upon what you learn on a forum as we all have our own biases. I personally think the Protein theory is bollocks but that doesnt make me right. And I dont think the medical profession knows either. Heck, they cant even reach consensus on issues directly related to the band. Every doctor has different opinions. Your own experience is all you can really work with.

Whilst I said above that I was shedding at an increased rate, I certainly am NOT losing my hair luv2luv. I've got plenty and it looks much as it ever did, and I have fairly fine hair.

But I think its wise not to aim for very fast weight loss if you care about your hair. Slow and steady, moderation, seems to be the key to all things.

I must be having some serious anxiety about hair loss from reading this thread. ;) Last night I had a dream that I went for my first fill and I had a HUGE bald spot within hours of my fill. I was trying to convince my mom that it was from the fill and not the actual band. It was a scary dream that I haven't been able to get out of my head.

I told my DH that I've been seeing strands here & there but nothing serious. I've only lost 25 lbs for pete's sake!! I do have enough hair for 2 or maybe 3 people, so I have a ways to go if it does start coming out. I'm taking my Biotin to be safe. Thanks for all the words of wisdom and experiences shared. I'm ready, God forbid it happens.

Funny that this thread was rehashed. I am continually losing my hair. My Dermatologist sent me for lab work and he used some special glasses to look at my scalp for skin changes, etc. Bloodwork came back and I was diagnosed with Telogen Effluvium.

The slightest manipulation of my hair such as running my fingers through it or just a light tug will result in a hand full of hair. I am not bald, however I am shedding hair at an enormous rate. IT IS COMING OUT! He stated that Biotin is really good for you, it has Vitamin B which promotes healthy hair, skin and nails and it was a good thing I was using it. He stated that my condition will self correct, like Legally's did.

I do see small red hairs coming into my scalp. However I have been recently overstrucken with this annoying condition. To see my hair come out after a shower and Shampoo the way it does..and to have to use draino to unclog my sink is just annoying.

Today I have decided that I will help out my hair and give it a push in the right direction. If it want's to come out, then come out. *Think G.I. Jane*

Hair is regrowing but that's not stopping the old hair from shedding and it's just getting to be too much for me.

Jacqui,

Oh I miss the word bollocks! I lived in England for 10 years and it became my favorite thing to say. Thanks for making me smile. I agree with you. The Protein theory is a load of bollocks! Thanks again.

Christine:)

Hello again!

Yep the Protein theory is a load of crap. I asked my surgeon when I went in for a fill, he at least had consulted with his nutritionist as to why his patients were losing their hair. His best theory, and I guess mine as well, is that our bodies go in shock mode and trying to adjust to our new eating habits and loosing weight, the hair simply goes bye bye.

There are 6 of use where I work that are at various stages of the banding process, and we all have gone thru this hair stage. It starts about 3 months post op, hair falls out, and slows about 2 months later with regrowth about 6 months out.

I had lost about half of my hair, but I started with a ton of it. I helped my head out a bit and cut it just below my ears. I've noticed a definate slow down in my loss and regrowth is a comin! Thank goodness!

Thanks everyone for all your advise and comments. I hope my whining about it doesnt scare anyone, the only thing I would have done differently if I had known was start taking the Biotin even before the surgery.

I'm two months post-op and clogging my drain every morning. I haven't lost any weight in about 3 weeks... so the rapid weight loss theory doesn't fit me. Regardless, I went and bought a Nioxin kit at the beauty supply ($25 because my mom is a manicurist) because I can't go bald. My hair is my thing ... until I get skinny and then it can be my smokin' body!

Nixon is a topical treatment. You can get a kit at the beauty supply store for about $24. Purchase the one you need for your h air type, natural, chemically treated, colored etc.
hey i know the feeling. ever since i got the band i am going to need rogain soon. i brush my hair and out it comes. i should save it and have it put right back on my head

My hair is falling out really really bad. I can't even hardly stand to run my fingers thru it, because it feels so thin and stringy. At least reading all the posts on this thread, I can take some comfort and know I am not alone.

I haven't come to LBT in a long time, but I am glad I came today..... you girls here can always get me out of a funk!!!!

Thanks all you LBTr's

First pic was my husband snipping my lock off the back and it made me look like I had a bob.

phase11.jpg

This pic is the fully finished buzz of #6.

tellybald.jpg

baldybean081606.jpg

This is me for the next few months, bandana girl!

freshhead.jpg

Telly, you are an inspiration, however, most of us ain't as bootiful as you are ; we need our hair !! You look great..............

*tearful*

you guys are making this easier than expected