Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Does Biotin actually build up in your system and help prevent Hair loss or does it only help to take it when your hair starts falling out? :) Like Jacqui said, every doc has different opinions so I'm just wondering what you all think?

I have taken Biotin religiously before and after my lapband surgery. You can chew the tablet up, it has a sweet taste...anything to help in keeping the cost of things down.

I have long hair and it is shedding alot:think ...even with the bioten. I want my hair...all of it, the only thing I wanted to lose was WEIGHT! lol Going to try Nioxin....:clap2:

Dreamer

Since i've taken Biotin and my multi-vitamins, my skin is unbelievable! I'm not kidding. My nails grow hard and strong.

Telly--You are a lapband legend. Enjoy your posts. You are beautiful and so generous to be so real--love the shorter look. Brings out the bone structure in your face.

I've taken Biotin (easy to find even at Walmart and cheap) and it seems to be helping with hair loss. St Ive's Jojoba Shampoo is another good easy remedy. We can't seem to find it any more. My poor DH is without his Jojoba and it really shows!

Ok now Pinkylee you've got me all giggly and smiling, all shiny over here. Why'd you do that? Huh?

LOL.. thank you. That's sweet of you to say.. but I think I'm just a pain in the ass on this forum.

ok, I have read that there is Hair loss but i don't understand why. Will someone please explain? Also, does anyone know what percentage of people are affected? This is a pretty significant side effect. I won't look as beautiful as Telly, I can say that!

If you think a Mohawk is beautiful, then....ok..

I wear one.. spike it up in the middle.

Ok, you CAN lose hair due to the following:

Rapid Weigh Loss

Crash Dieting

Traumatic Surgery

Anesthesia

Hormonal changes - thyroid changes

I don't know a percentage but I can tell you that alot of RNY and Lapbanded patients..here and on Obesityhelp.com have gone through Hair loss. According to my Dermatologist, I'm shedding double or triple what people normally do per day. Not bald yet, but I can see scalp. I also see reddish/brown hairs coming in.

Gosh Telly, only you could get away with that and look even MORE beautiful.

I love short hair, love it. Its funky and young and hot. Too bad I've got a turkey neck and a weak chin and it looks bloody awful on me.

hi im soon to have my lapband done my daughter had gastric bypass three years ago at a time she to had a lot of Hair loss but with a increse in potassium and Vitamins hair loss stoped and returned keep up the good work

I have recently discovered a wonderful food suppliment . I was told it does great things for Hair loss. And it is a liquid and all natural, it is made from a fruit grown in the Himalayas. I am drinking it now , and not only is it good for your hair, skin and nails, it is a wonderful nutritional suppliment . It has 180 nutrients, gives you alot of energy. I have not felt this good since before my surgery and all the crazy things that happened to me. (look under complications) . I am back walking/jogging 3-5 mls a day. Going to the gym, and just over all getting back to my old self. I would not just recommend it for just hairloss. I recommend it for many things! Look it up under "Sibu Balance." And if you have anymore questions email me personally. I can tell you more great things i have heard. I honestly beleive it is a gift from God! It has been used in other countries for centuries to cure. Look it up it has great info.

I got some "Total B" by real life research at Vitamin Shoppe, it has all the B vits and 650mcg of Biotin. Its sublingual liquid. Tastes like sh**. Only takes 8 drops twice a day to provide 200% of RDA for all the B vits , folic acid , vit c and biotin. Since I paid $14 for 2 oz by gosh I'm finishing the bottle. Its fitting punishment for all those babies I have given Poly-vi-sol to! Hopefully starting it now I can avoid Hair loss since Im not near as beautiful as Telly with or without hair!!

Oh no, please don't say that. We are all different and shouldn't compare ourselves. :D

I too must add my name to the list of hair losers. It is coming out in massive amounts when I shower. and the top is quite thin. I have nightmares about too. LOL I think i am just going to wear a bandana for as long as possible, then cut it short like Telly. I think that will be a good look for me. Plus I can wear sexy wigs to the club. LOL

Mine has been coming out for about a month or more. I have naturally thick red hair. It comes out like petting a cat, not in clumps, just sheds. I am starting to worry that it's going to be quite noticeable even though now it's really not. I can tell it's thinner in the back which is shoulder length, but nobody else could tell. I still have a LOT of hair, but this is worrisome to me.

The only time I truly shed a lot is when I shower. When my hair is dry and I run my fingers through it, I might get 1 hair out. Isn't that strange???

I went to Sally's beauty supply today and bought a Shampoo for $5.00 that has some ingredients supposed to help thicken hair. I'm also going to faithfully take Biotin. I have a dr. appointment friday morning and am going to talk to him about it. The nutritionist I talked to wasn't overly worried.

What I find ironic is....of all the people in my support group and folks on the Obesity Help board, nobody has gone bald, nobody complains of Hair loss, or if they do complain, you'd never know they had any loss!!!

Maybe I just need to relax, and wait it out, but I love my hair!!