Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Since I started this here thread I guess I will give yet another update. :)

My hair has stopped falling out in clumps and is coming back slowly. Cutting it has made it so much better and it all seems to be coming back. I dont know if the Biotin/Nioxin made the falling out process shorter than it would have been, but I would buy it all again in a heart beat.

As for the question, would I rather have hair or be fat? Well if I have super gorgeous long hair it would cover all my fat and no one would know! hahaha Just kidding!

Unless your hair has ever been beautiful and long you can't usually understand, I too used to have very LONG and beautiful hair and certainly did not want it to start falling out......:think

I am seriously considering "telly"ing my hair. one she looks hot...an i could only hope to look like her like that. the other half of it is that my hair is just coming out like crazy. its sick. i would much rather cut it all off, and wear some of my hot chick wigs for a bit, or a hat.

Carol, I'm sorry. You can pull through this.

I had a hard time with it too. Now I just embrace the buzz cut, now growing out. It's coming back I just had to practice patience.

I don't know if you've seen the pictures of my hair falling out but here's what's happened

hairbefore11111.jpghahah.jpg

Here's my hair a few days ago.

rockerchick.jpg

:omg: I Dont know about Biotin, But supposely Zinc is good for Hair loss and skin, and B vitamin's. Ive joined the crowd with hair loss, make sure you drink and eat your protiens !!! at GNC they have powdered protien mixes that taste pretty good, i get 20 grams sometimes and 40 grams.this should help.......Virginia :)

Do your thang Funny. hair grows back but at least you won't have to worry about seeing it in your food or in your families food. :) I had to have draino to unplug my sinks and shower. It got backed up with my hair, no lie.

Just wanted to say I think your very gorgeous ! I seen your pic's of before your surgery and after. If i look like you "WOW". Keep up the good work ! ...Virginia:)

Thank you Virginia. :) How sweet.

Wow, I am so glad that I got online today to check to see if their were any links about Hair loss. I had my surgery in May and about a month and a half ago my hair just started falling out. I have always had very thick hair, so at first it was not noticable, but lately I can really see and feel the difference. I went to the doctor and she ran a whole bunch of tests and everything came back normal. I feel better knowing that this is somewhat normal for people who have had this surgery. I think that I will have to buy the Nioxin and give it a try. I have thought about cutting my hair short, but I do not know if a shorter style would look good on me. I have a very round head and face and I am afraid that I would look like a basketball with hair!

I have to agree with Virginia, Telly, you are a very pretty women and you look good with short hair. It is very chic on you!

Anyhoo, thank you everyone. I feel better after reading everyones input.

Have a marvelous Labor Day Weekend.

Kelly

I lost the expected amount at 3 months out. I'm told this is normal. I do Zinc and a generic Nixon Shampoo. I seemed to go back to normal. Then a couple a months ago, I really started losing hair again. I went to my Dr. and found out my hormones were out of wack (which believe me I had already noticed). She said any hormonal changes can also cause Hair loss. I'm told that losing fat cells releases a lot of stored hormones. If you're losing extra hair, you may want to get your levels checked or talk to your Dr. It's helped me. I was thinking of braiding my own bathroom rug. There was so much hair down there.

I heard that helped as well as b vits also Glad you have had hair regrowth!!

Hi All, I Guess I Have Just Been Lurking Around The Site Too, And Decided To Post On This Thread. I Feel Badly For All Of You That Have Lost hair. I Too, Am Also On My Way To Becoming Bald. I Noticed My Hair Was Falling About Two Weeks Ago, Shedding Really Bad. I Then Went To My Hair Stylist After Reading A Whole Lot In This Thread. My Hair Was Several Inches Past My Shoulders. She Cut All The Broken Areas And Gave Me A Nice Layered Look. She Gave Me A Recontructive Hair Treatment, Which She Told Me I Could Do At Home Every Week If I Could'nt Come Regularly. It Looked Great For A Couple Of Days, Maybe A Week, But It Is Now Shedding Again, This Time I Can See Long Strands. As If It Came Out From The Roots. I Started Taking Biotin Vitamins From The GNC, And I Could See A Difference In My Nails, So I Am Thinking The Vitamins Must Help With My Hair Some How. But I Think Maybe I Need To Also Get Some Nioxin, I've Heard So Many Of You Say That This Helps. I Want To Increase My Protein Intake As Well.

Over All I Am Just Scared, I Don't Know If Any Of You Can Relate, But I Feel As If My Hair Was The Only Thing I Had Going For Me. I Can't Afford To Loose It. Sorry Its So Long, I Just Needed To Vent.

I am 3 months out and losing handfulls of hair. Noticed it the past few days. I have not lost weight quickly, and drink my Protein and take my vitamins... so I just don't understand.

I would not look as good as Telly with a buzz cut... but have been thinking about bandanas!!!

I lost the expected amount at 3 months out. I'm told this is normal. I do Zinc and a generic Nixon Shampoo. I seemed to go back to normal. Then a couple a months ago, I really started losing hair again. I went to my Dr. and found out my hormones were out of wack (which believe me I had already noticed). She said any hormonal changes can also cause Hair loss. I'm told that losing fat cells releases a lot of stored hormones. If you're losing extra hair, you may want to get your levels checked or talk to your Dr. It's helped me. I was thinking of braiding my own bathroom rug. There was so much hair down there.

Hi,

I'm told it's hormones for me too, but they have not given me anythign to help. Did they give you any meds?

Well I went to the Vitamin Shoppe today, and the man there was very helpful. His mother works at a bariatric center and says that hormones get dumped when you lose weight and it causes an inbalance. Once the inbalance levels out hair will return. In the meantime, he says to take the Biotin (KAL has a lozenge), keep Protein up, take a Multivitamin, and eat SOY products. That Soy helps with hormones. (?) So he said he would recommend soy milk, tofu, etc.

My hair is coming out in clumps now, so I am taking more than one multi a day, starting the biotin twice a day (1000mcg), drinking soy milk with my Protein Shake, and washing my hair with JASON biotin Shampoo (Which smells great btw).

I was actually amazed that he knew about the lap band. His first question to me after he found out I had WLS was "which one the band... bypass?". My jaw dropped and he said he knew because of his mother and that he tries to stay up on it for his work.

Not a doctors advice, he was definitely a college kid... but took his word on it and will try the above and see what happens. His mom at least said there is hope when things level out.

Poodles, thanks for posting that.

What your store guy's mother said about losing hair only confirms what my doctor stated, which is good news to my ears.

I am taking GNC's Women's Multi-Vitamin (includes zinc and iron)

Also taking Natures Best - Biotin, 5000 mcg (I take 2 of these a day)

Taking Calcium 1000 I think (i forget)