Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Betty,

Just wanted to let you know that my bags are packed and I'm ready to move in. Don't worry... I don't eat much! LOL

It is so nice to see pictures of your house and garden. It is like getting to know someone better.

Thanks for showing us your beautiful house and garden!

Kisses,

OBTW: GO HEAT!!!!

Hi everyone! I finally have a little time to catch up on personals.

Betty, what fun - thanks for posting pictures!! Your home is just beautiful. I wanna come and play in the pool! I think all of my flowers are finally planted. I'll take some pics and post them when more of my flowers are in bloom. How is your foot? It sounds like you may need an insert in your shoe to help the arch heal up. Hope it feels better soon!

Sherry, your son is a doll! Today's the big day - did you get your new bike yet? Do you and DH have any big road trips planned for the Summer?

Beanie, Just between you and me, I think you have a very healthy attitude about weight loss. Being able to let it go for a week and enjoy yourself is important for long term success. Enjoy your vacation! :rolleyes:

Eilene, I hope your DD feels better soon. :sick Poor little munchkin. Good luck getting back on track this week. I'm hungry every 5 minutes too, so I feel your pain. I'm getting a fill on Wednesday - hopefully it does the trick!

Patty, I hope you're having luck staying out of the heat! I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this is the week you hear about the surgery. (((HUGS)))

Darcy, that picture is so cool! It looks like it came out of a magazine.

Dianne, I hope your back is feeling better!

Mary, how are you? I'm not sure what visitation etiquette is, but I say if you want to call your kids while they're away go ahead and do it as often as you like. Whatever it takes to make you feel comfortable while they're away, right?

For those of you with back problems, have you ever tried an inversion table? I just got one. It's basically a table that flips upside down to relieve the pressure on your spine. A friend of mine swears by his, so I figured I'd give it a shot. I'll let you know if it was worth the $200. The UPS man gave me the funniest look when he delivered it - pretty sure he thought it was some sort of sex sling, LOL!

It's the last week of school for DS. I can't wait! We overslept this morning because we were all up too late this weekend. DD and I are off to run errands. Hope everyone is having a great Monday! :D

Holy Moses...

I am sooooooooooooooooooooo behind on personal!

Wow Miss Betty... get ready for some roomies as I think we are all moving in with you! Beautiful house... beautiful flowers and a pool to die for!!!! Hope that foot is feeling better. Did the Mavs win???? Oh...oh...oh... love the racoon!!! They are a pain in the butt though!

Patty... NO AIR?????????????? That is just wrong in so many ways! I turn into an ogre when it gets too hot. I don't know how you can sleep... I can remember the old days when I was without air... I would get a towel wet and keep moving it around to keep my skin damp and have the fan blowing directly on me at night. I just can't sleep if I'm hot!

Sherry... Love the bike and your son is a cutie!

Eileen... Something must be going around as my DD is home today with a fever too! WHat a photo opportunity that little birdy was! I was holing my breath that he wouldn't fly off before I could get the camera! The flag was my mother's day present. :rolleyes: I'll attach another critter picture for ya! Oh.. and the picture thread would be awesome!

Anne... Great to see your post... hope you and the hubby have fun running errands!

Mary... I don't call my daughter when she is at her Dad's house but her Dad certainly does call here. I don't imagine the courts would find a problem with your calling briefly but I imagine as time passes you will grow more comfortable witht he whole thing. I used to worry about my daughter in the beginning... lost a lot of sleep on the weekends she was gone (She was 3). She didn't always come home clean... but she always had fun and loved being with her Dad and made it home safe and sound... yours will too. :D

Dianne... LBT used to be my homepage too so I completely understand! Sorry about your back problems... when I worked in the hospital I had horrible back problems as I was always moving and turning patients without assistance. Thankfully they seemed to fade away when I left that type of nursing! Hope yours feels better soon!

Well... As long as I don't go for regular walks the leg seems okay. It seems okay for the circuit training and even the walking videos... but not fast walking. Go Figure?

Okay...here's a critter for Eileen... hope it's not too close to being a lizard. :D

post-203959-13813133518523_thumb.jpg

Two cute for just one pic.

post-203959-13813133518803_thumb.jpg

I am stopping in for a bit.

Betty - hope you have a room for me. I am adoptable - We are sisters are we not?????

I love all the photo's.. I got's to get my camera out too.

Well the kiddo's came home from thier day trip with dad and he had them shower before doing so.. Good going for him - wonder what they looked like before??? Anyway they are all mine this weekend.

I just got back from lunch ~ setting up a new bank account for me, myself and I. ~ stuff I should have done along time ago. It's not that I do not trust him it's just a long story.

Anyway my back feels alot better today.. Anne that table sounds good to me.. Anything to relieve pressure - Huh

Well be back later to do personals..

HI, everyone!

I just got back from our little weekend getaway! We had a good time, very relaxing. I tried to shop, but couldn't find anything I wanted to buy...don't you hate that?!

Darcy, that's the cutest frog!

Betty, beautiful house/garden...great looking trophy, too!

Sherry, I can see why you're a proud momma...nice boat...don't blame ya for borrowing the sample. I'd do the same thing!

I haven't even caught up on the goings-on around the thread...just sat down after dumping the suitcases by the washing machine, and wanted to say hi to everbody.

We ate at this very upscale restaurant at the Gaylord called Ama Lur...it's a Stephen Pyles place (celebrity chef, in Texas, anyway.) I had tortilla Soup and a halibut ceviche with avocado....yummy! I tasted some of the other dishes, but they were too big for me. I treated myself to a Dove bar (ice cream! my weakness...) while I was there also!

We swam alot and walked alot, so it all evened out.

Betty, are you so excited about the Mavs? I guess we'll have to make a bet with our Florida friend, Donna! Whatcha say, Donna?

I'm gonna catch up with all the reading, and check everyone later!

Hugs, Cindy

Betty- What a pretty house. Great pictures too. I want a pool and some grapes!!! Crape Myrtles are one of my favorite things about NC! I do have 2 lilac bushes here which is nice.

Eileen-I love the picture thread idea, I just need to learn how to do it. The trip was awesome! I did feel good. I don't have any bathing suit pictures but I've got a really good one of Garry and I. When I figure this picture thing out I'll post it.

SherryW- I can't wait for that onderland! I'm afraid to get on the scale alot and so I won't know for sure for a while, but you guys will be the first to know!!! Show us those pictures!!! I just printed a bunch I want to mark them down and put them next to each other so that I can see for my self what everyone else is so excited about.

Anne-Sex swing sounds like more fun!! Although I haven't felt like sex lately..lol...

Darcy-I LOVE the froggie he is so cute. You could win prizes with that shot!!

Cindy-I'm so glad you had a nice time. And the food sounds wonderful. I love those Dove bars too!!

Kat-Thinkin of you

My back is better. Thank you all so much for asking. I go back to him tomorrow. I do feel like it is getting stronger everyday.

I've been a poop about walking the past few days..urgh..DD wants us to watch Hitch tonight with her, so we will. I'll do more crunches instead.

Went to Bone Fish Grill for dinner. I had 3 bang bang shrimp, a taste of calamari..I'm sorry but they are a waste, onion rings are much better...1 crab cake, oh they are GOOOOOD...4 TBLS of sou3722 S. Tryon St.p..and then a raspberry brownie with ice cream OMGosh!!! I split it with my friend. I didn't eat half but I still ate some....you would have thought we were having an orgasms...Talk about wonderful and good!!!

So I really do neeed the walk but DD calls. So crunches it will be for me.

Have a good night.

Darcy -- That frog is the cutest thing! What beautiful pictures, too. That certainly cheers me up.

Eileen -- Thanks for the bandiversary wishes. I guess I just skipped it this year. <sigh> I hope your DD is feeling better.

I love seeing all the great pictures. Sorry I haven't been posting, but I've been a bit discouraged. I have still been working out 5 days a week. No loss. I am going for another fill later this month. I'm hoping that will kick it in a bit.

Hope everyone had a good Monday.

Hi everyone! All is going along fairly smooth at the moment. We see DH's cardiologist on Wednesday, and then have an angiogram done on Thursday. That is supposed to be the final test done locally. Then they will know if any additional surgery is needed, such as bypass. Then we will schedule the surgery itself. I am waiting to see when they decide to do it, and will call and see how soon AFTER the surgery I can reschedule my fill. Well, within reason afterwords...will let him start to recuperate a bit!!! He has been such a grouch, the stress is eating him up. I am trying to keep my cool with him, but, there are times it is difficult, okay, there are times it is damn hard!!! He is normally so mild mannered and even tempered, and he has always been the one to do the cheering up. But he is getting grief at work about how long he will be unable to do his job, and he is worried in general over the surgery, so he has been a bear to be around. Add to that our DD is chomping at the bit to get her place done and move out, but one thing after another keeps slowing us down. Doesn't look like it will get done by us, before he has surgery. She either needs to hire someone, or stick it out here for awhile. So, add her to the grumpy list!! Yesterday out at her place, they were so grouchy, I just left them!! DS was freaking out on all of us!! They were grumpy, I was AWOL....he said he just painted and kept quiet!!!

I have pictures I would love to share...I would show you our bike, and one of my new grandson that is soooo cute it is unbelievable!! But everytime I post pics, they are so huge they belong on one of the old drive in movie screens!!! So if someone can tell me how to shrink them (in very simple terms...I am simple minded), I will show them!

We went to dinner with friends tonight. She is having a very hard time, they just put her Dad in a nursing home with Alzheimers. We always go to this little mexican food place here in town. I ate way too much!!! But they have the best chimichangas, and their homemade green chile....mmmmmmm.

Used to be I would have ate every bite. Now I never make it past half. DH loves it, he eats my leftovers the next day! This was our first time to go to dinner with them since I was banded. They were totally relieved that I could still go out and eat. We are planning a quick trip to Vegas after DH recovers, and they thought I would not be able to eat. Not sure what they thought I would do....absorb my nutrition through some form of osmosis or something??? Anyway, with our conflicting schedules, we had not got together as I say since my being banded. They were surprised, and so complimentary about my lost pounds, said they can see it in my face especially. So what did I do to Celebrate the compliments?? Pigged out!!!

Go figure!!!

I love all the pictures, and would love the new picture thread idea. Now someone help me figure out how to make mine smaller. I guess even my pictures need a lap band!!

Kat

Hi Kat, To shrink your pics....well, what I do is go to my pictures I have on my computer. Right click on one and click Resize Picture, Then I choose the small or medium size and click ok. The computer renames my pic with the same name and then (small) or (Medium) in parens. That's one way..another way is if you have a program on your computer that is especially for pictures. I have that but find the right click, resize pic to work the best for me.

Thanks everyone for the compliments on my DS. He doesn't think much of himself sometimes as far as looks. Of course he's usually in black jeans, black workboots, black tshirt lol. I MADE HIM wear that sweater to the wedding and TOLD him to smile (heck his braces just came off show that smile babe!). When he saw the picture he actually smiled. I told him he certainly looks older and handsome in that pic. Mamma knows best hahaha. He just laughed and said yea yea yea and put his tshirts, jeans and boots back on hahaha. Of course he asked me to send him a copy of it so he could show the chicks lol. Gotta love him ;)

So I'm still thinking no fill for me on the 14th. I've been doing so much better but, once in a while something still gets stuck. Not too sure I want this thing any tighter, especially with my first cruise coming up in July. Don't need to be out there chocking on a golfball.

How are all the children that were sick doing today? I hope they are feeling well. I feel aweful when kiddies are sick.

Are we going to make a separate thread for pics for our group or do we still post them here? I'm still kinda chicken about posting before and after pics because I feel I still have a long way to go. Kinda afraid to look at myself, I'm afraid I won't see a difference. Anyone else like that?

Well I have to get ready for work...this might be why I run late in the mornings, ya think? You folks are so addicting lol. Hmmm better to substitute my friends here than an ice cream or chocolate huh? hee hee You folks are sweet enough for me :D

Good morning all!

I have to say I am sorry for not doing personals lately! I will get better : 0 (

Just got back from a fill. Eileen and I PM'd about it yesterday and I turned it over and prayed about it. Sometimes it is so hard to look at all this wonderful advice and apply it to my body? You know what I mean.

DH and I discussed to death and I decided it was time. It had been three months and I have a great deal on restriction, always have since banding. The difference now is that I could eat bigger portions and even with excersising everyday, I hadn't lost in two weeks.

I got 2 cc my first one ,..... .5 on this one. So far so good. The muscles in my stomach ache, but it is livable.

Thanks guys and have a great day..... I plan on it!

Kisses,

OMG look at all this reading I'm gonna have to do ;)

I will catch up soon.. Promise !! Boss man is here and I'm stuck (almost wrote suck LOL). But he's out tomorrow :D :Banane35: :Banane35: :Banane35: so I'll do personals then.

Love you all !!!!