Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Speak up those with leaks & infections!

Tiffykins said,Hmmmm, let's see I have never read, or seen any complaints of massive infections, leaks, perforated bowels from Jossart, Cirangle, Gagner, Ungston, Aceves, Zapata, Nicholson, Adencio, Kim, or Barker just to name a few of the extremely reputable...

Well put Tiffykins. Let's "call a spade a spade" and keep the issue from being ignored. One particular place has been sloppy!

One particular place has all the noise about it!

Has anyone honestly heard of any other place besides J/E with issues?

I hope they clean up their act and then maybe their record will improve too.

Wow Driver 63. I hate to hear your going through that. How are they treating you. Did you have to be rehospitalized. I was told after the 21 day mark you really dont have to worry about leaks. This is scary for us all.

Take care of yourself and let us know how your doing.

Stacey

Sigh-- Tiff I'm glad you spoke your piece! Based upon the many posts I have read since I started participating in this and OH in August 2009, I had also been very certain of who I would want to operate on me had I gone to Mexico. I didn't ever want to make someone who chose another surgeon feel that their judgment was inferior...I would only hope and pray for them to have a safe and successful procedure. But if my daughter decided to have such a surgery I would be ever so vigilant in knowing all I could about the surgeon! It's not hard to imagine that a leak or serious infection is a dreadful thing to happen and I know you have first hand experience, therefore, because of your proactive support and your own extensive experience I value your judgment when it comes to research and selection of a WL surgeon.

Edited by LAN2k

Very Well Put Tiffy. You couldn't have said it better.

Lan2k and Oregondaisy ....

Just want to make sure I understand the rules here .....

if you both agree with the poster's opinion then it is ok for them to post but

if you both disagree with the poster's opinion, it is ok to call that person names and be rude and they are not allowed to post??

seems I read something above, from more than one person, including your bff, that said people with good experiences should also be allowed to post.

does that not apply to me?? Really, I am so very incredibly sorry that I had a good experience and have seen first hand twice how things work down there. (you and your bff haven't right???, just going on hearsay, right???)

bummer, I guess I should have had serious complications so I could be in the "cool" group and not in the "hated" group.

LMFAO again

I have Jp drain in the infection site and stent in my stomach. I able to eat and drink. It wait and see process they plan do a leak tesr in few weeks and they said the have get the stent soon.

I know that a previous poster said they haven't heard of any problems with jossert and Cirangle in San Fran, but someone wrote after that someplace is sloppy and referred to it as J/E... does anyone know the place this refers to?

I am looking into Jossert in San Fran or Nickelson in TX...and just want to heard all that is said about them both.

thanks!

I don't need personal experience to realize that a facility/surgeon does not meet my personal standards of care even before the numerous complications came out about this particular surgeon/facility. As I've stated several times over several months, it's nothing personal against any particular surgeon. It strictly has to do with my expectations and requirements.

Obviously, that's a point that no one is willing to recognize with the exception of a few members here that chose this particular surgeon/facility.

The maturity of some members is definitely radiating in this thread with the high school antics. Build a bridge and get over it. No one said that one's good experience shouldn't be shared, and welcomed. It's when all of the shrugging off or accusing the patients of non-compliance when complications arise that it becomes distasteful, and sadly a reflection of a person's character.

I don't need personal experience to realize that a facility/surgeon does not meet my personal standards of care even before the numerous complications came out about this particular surgeon/facility. As I've stated several times over several months, it's nothing personal against any particular surgeon. It strictly has to do with my expectations and requirements.

I think this statement is Key. I am SOO very happy that pnw218 and Tiffanyismajor and stoongal and any others I have not read about had great personal experiences and are doing well! Please understand I value your input on the VSG forum and your stories have inspired me. That said I am going to have to say that in watching Tiiffany's video log of the pre-op and 2 surgery videos I would say that they would not meet my standards either. I could list off the things I saw that made me uncomfortable, but I think each person needs to make thier own judgments and not just accept mine. For some this may be a calculated risk they are willing to save money with. If so more power to you and I wish you the very best in your choice. I mean no harm to anyone, and this is only my personal opinion.

Edited by Swiftflow

Lan2k and Oregondaisy ....

Just want to make sure I understand the rules here .....

if you both agree with the poster's opinion then it is ok for them to post but

if you both disagree with the poster's opinion, it is ok to call that person names and be rude and they are not allowed to post??

seems I read something above, from more than one person, including your bff, that said people with good experiences should also be allowed to post.

does that not apply to me?? Really, I am so very incredibly sorry that I had a good experience and have seen first hand twice how things work down there. (you and your bff haven't right???, just going on hearsay, right???)

bummer, I guess I should have had serious complications so I could be in the "cool" group and not in the "hated" group.

LMFAO again

Well I had no idea that this discussion had been going on so long - since August of '09? Well that really explains a lot about the intensity of some of the posts, and yours above.

I honestly didn't read Tiffykins post to be personally insulting to anyone. At least I don't remember her calling any individuals out like you have done. What are the rules, anyway? At LBT, they stick pretty close to the plan of not getting personal.

I think maybe you're being a little defensive. For those of us who have no idea of the history of this thread, you can say stuff that is veiled without saying anyone's name and we won't know who you're talking about. But of course the ones personally involved will know and that's what you want.

From a newbie/outsiders viewpoint, people have been hurt. They have contracted infections in their wound sites, and at least one person has a leak and another is seriously worried about contracting AIDS. These are things that engender serious concern. There is nothing wrong for people to want to share bad news when it could possibly affect someone who may be thinking of using the doctor who was involved. Can you blame them? Don't we all want to help others?

You have your agenda and it is the opposite of many of the people with knowledge of what sounds like an inordinate number of complications. You have every right to post your good and genuinely happy experience and they can tell what they know. All's fair in love and war. People looking for a doctor can sort it out for themselves.

No sense in anybody getting defensive here. In fact, it might have the opposite effect of what you're looking for. :smile1:

PNW218,

I would like you to point out where I called someone names.

I also don't think that saying that Tiffykins post was very well written was being rude to anyone.

I am glad you had a great experience with your doctor. I wish every single patient that has gone there could say the same thing. Unfortunately, that is just not the case. Stoongals sister's story is very scary.

Driver I feel kind of fascinated by your posts. You've only posted 5 times and I'm not criticizing but your grammar is so shaky, they're hard to read. Perhaps that is because you are not well. I do wish you the very best.

But if you would like for people to know your story, it would be helpful if you would give us lots more information. Your 5 posts are pretty sketchy and if you know of a stateside doctor who has caused you grief, please let us know who it is. Thanks!

If someone comes on here and says they had a bad experience with MY doctor, well hell, so be it, not everyone is going to be happy and a doctor is not God....I am not going to make an ass of myself and defend them...all I can say is what my experience is, good or bad. Dr. Davidson has the 'center of excellence' distinction, just like many other in the DFW area, Dr. Nicholson for one....and that told me all I needed to know to begin with, I went from there.

When we were self employeed back in Texas, I use to run an ad, "You get what you pay for"

That is kind of how I approached this whole thing. 'Nuff said.

I think its sad that this has divided into teams and has grown ugly. I have found the support that I've received on these boards from people on both sides of this issue invaluable. And more importantly is there is someone in this specific forum who had a no fault leak, who is sad and scared and the best we can do is call people names for disagreeing with us, or saying that those who had the misfortune of complications a part of a special group. Please, can't we pull it together, say what we know about a specific situation without making it personal. If you got on here and told me that you tried my favorite Protein and it made you very ill, my response wouldn't be to be angry with you. I would be grateful to have avoided the experience you did, then I would be vigilant to learn more about what could have caused your problem.

Okay and one more thing.....I had my surgery done in MX and I read some people say that even after doing homework that is just something they couldn't do, that MX doesn't meet their standards, NEVER would I think that my opinion, even though I had a great experience such outweigh their opinion for their own body. I can only speak to what I know and what I experienced and I can respect someone else's desire to have the major surgical procedure done in a way that they are most comfortable with.