Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Speak up those with leaks & infections!

It isn't long now Stacy! I'm very happy for you and I agree that the sleeve sounds like the right solution for losing the weight and keeping it off!!

I know.... right.... we're almost there:wink1:

If you had first-hand experience at the aforementioned clinic by the same doctor and your experience was a totally different one, i.e., the place was spotless, they only performed 3 surgeries a day, the place you stayed after the surgery but before you came home was comfortable with every santitary precaution taking place including everyone wearing gloves when they checked on your wound, then you have some credibility and a reason to question the criticism we've read on this thread.

But if you haven't any first hand knowledge that disputes the criticism and you obviously didn't read all the posts, it seems that perhaps your protest is one that we should question.

BJean,

You hit my experience dead on the head. I was the only surgery of the day, there was only two other patients in the clinic when I arrived and they both went home the next day. Three more showed up later that day and I was around when they had their surgeries. Then I was at the recovery house for two days all to myself. The three new patients showed up the day before I left. My experience was great and that is why I have had such a hard problem believing the things being said, but I feel certain in my heart that Ryansgirl and Stoongal are speaking the truth about their experiences. Especially Stoongal because she was waving the Almanza flag harder than anyone after her surgery.

One of my best friends approached me last week to talk to me privately about his battle with obesity. I am glad that he brought up because he has been gaining the pounds I have been dropping. We was thinking lap band and wanted to know why I changed to the sleeve and what not. He then asked me about my doctor and I told him of my experience but that I would not recommend him now. I am so thankful that his insurance is supposed to start covering VSG soon. If not I will direct him to Aceves more than likely.

Bill

FYI.... for those on a budget

I am going to Dr Jose Rodriguez. He is charging 67hundred dollars. His practice is in Juarez but he goes to TJ occasionally. I will keep you guys posted on the experience. This may be a good alternative for those who can't swing Aceves.

Bill thanks for telling your story! Every little bit helps people be able to make a well informed decision. Too many of us are heading south with very little information. It's a long way from home for most of us and we sure have a lot to think about! It's always good to hear from someone who has first hand knowledge. And at the very least it generates questions that we may not have thought about asking.

So happy that your experience was a good one! Looks like you're nearly half way to goal. Congratulations on that!

I really appreciate everyone who contributes to this thread. It is very important that anyone who is going to have this surgery be very well informed and I am very glad that Stoongals' post has not been deleted the way other posts have been in the past. I know some people have had a very good experience with this clinic and doctor, but people need to be aware that this is not always the case.

Stoongal

I'm so sorry for you, your sister and family I can't begin to imagine the pain and hardship you've all endured! I chose Dr Almanza because of much research as well as you, wingrider and many others on this forum's positive experiences! I'm very thankful that I had a good experience and full recovery without infection or incident! But, with that said because I know you are an honest person

and because of the problems your sister has experienced I will not in good conscience be referring anyone. Only a few of my family know and my sister desperately wants and needs this surgery, she was considering going to Dr A because of my good experience but, I would now have to caution her to do so. I can't express enough how my heart breaks for you all and anyone else who has experienced these problems regardless of the surgeon used! God Bless and God Speed! You're all in my prayers!

I am not going to get caught up in all this political mess. I will say this, I would love to personally sue a certain someone for telling me false things about Jerusaleum Clinic. To scare me to death about my daughters health just so you thought I would change my surgery to the doctor you are now working for....shame on you! That being said, my story goes like this.........In Feb. of 2009, my daughter and I both had lap band surgery by Dr. Almanza. No problems.......In Jan. 2010 daughter was revised and I had to have my band removed because of errosion. April 2010 (just last week) my husband and I had a sleeve. All these procedures were done by Almanza. I find him and his clinic to be both professional. We have never had an infection or complications. I thank my stars everyday that there is a healthy option to obesity surgery for those of us that do not have insurance coverage. I know how hard it is doing the research...please don't listen to all this garbage about Almanza........I think he is great.

Surgery sleeve Dr. Almanza April 14, 2010

You may think he is great, and I am glad you didn't have any complications. Unfortunately most of the people who did post about their serious complications had their posts deleted so the whole story is not on this board.

I am not going to get caught up in all this political mess. I will say this, I would love to personally sue a certain someone for telling me false things about Jerusaleum Clinic. To scare me to death about my daughters health just so you thought I would change my surgery to the doctor you are now working for....shame on you! That being said, my story goes like this.........In Feb. of 2009, my daughter and I both had lap band surgery by Dr. Almanza. No problems.......In Jan. 2010 daughter was revised and I had to have my band removed because of errosion. April 2010 (just last week) my husband and I had a sleeve. All these procedures were done by Almanza. I find him and his clinic to be both professional. We have never had an infection or complications. I thank my stars everyday that there is a healthy option to obesity surgery for those of us that do not have insurance coverage. I know how hard it is doing the research...please don't listen to all this garbage about Almanza........I think he is great.

Surgery sleeve Dr. Almanza April 14, 2010

I'm not attacking you or your experience, but how condescending and disrespectful is it to discredit some people's true complications, almost death, by calling it garbage?

I think that is what I find so difficult to understand. No one wants their surgeon to get bashed. I get that, I personally have never bashed any surgeon on any forum. But, I also would never discredit someone's experience as garbage especially the complications. I'm grateful that you and many others have had great experiences, but that doesn't mean others have been as fortunate.

Why is it okay to disregard obvious complications, and only see the "good" experiences?

I think you know I wasn't trying to disrespect anyone's misfortune.....but some of the testimonony's were false and made up. Some not, but more were made up than were true. I have personally talked to some of these people that are lieing. I know who they are and what they are doing.....and I still say SHAME ON YOU.

Honestly, your post came off as to calling people's complications that are very real, just Almanza garbage.

I'm not convinced anyone can verify if anyone has made up their stories, good or bad. There are plenty of good, and some bad. I just think that everyone should consider all of the information and proceed with caution when certain complications could be prevented.

I think all of experiences within this thread have been real as the people have stated it more than once, and they have been around for months before and after their surgeries. It isn't your typical "troll" behavior. Ya know, they come in make one horrific post about their experience then they disappear. These people have stuck around answered questions and sought out support through their journey.

Honie49 said I am not going to get caught up in all this political mess. I will say this, I would love to personally sue a certain someone for telling me false things about Jerusaleum Clinic.

I am not sure who you are referring to but there have been numerous people who have posted the problems coming out of Jerusalem Clinic, especially since Jan.2010. Many of these were not direct (like some who commented about their sister or mother, or other family member or friend)

Lets realize that most people will not come to the forums after they have had problems, that's just fact.

I have seen many posts by those who do not work for any clinic.

I am, and I think everyone on this board are happy that everything went well for you but that does not excuse the report of the amount of problems that Emmanuel/Jerusalem Clinic has been experiencing.

I have not seen or heard of complaints coming in on this or any other board about clinics/hospitals other than Emmanuel/Jerusalem Clinic.

You may have a list of people to sue rather than the one person you mentioned.

There has been those on this board that have gone to Emmanuel/Jerusalem Clinic themselves and did alright BUT now are telling others to stay clear so what does this tell you?

Again, we are all thankful all is well with you and wish you all the best! Russ

If people have lied purely for personal gain, then it is indeed political.

I have no idea who you're talking about when you're accusing a person of making stories up simply so that they can make money how? referring others to a different Mexican doctor? Why not come right out and state your case? Tell us exactly to whom you refer as having created posts simply to make money. Why not do that? Dr. Alamanza's name and the clinic's name have been used openly. So it only seems fair that you would similarly expose the person or persons you have first hand knowledge of who lied to get you to go to a different doctor. If it is true, what do you have to lose?

The only way we can actually sort it all out and know the truth about that doctor's complications and the truth about someone trying to profit from smearing him and that clinic, is to hear the whole story from the people personally involved.

It's like we're on a jury. We can be expected to figure out who's lying. So everyone who's making statements here should put forth their best effort to convince us. It's amazxing how well the jury system works. And we're the same exact people who serve on juries.

Political or not, this is a very serious discussion and it deserves our attention.

Honie49 if you didn't want to part of it you should have not step into the line. ok. this is the reason why many people don't post because of people like YOU who feel the compell need to go about stateing "their" facts. but everyones else is a lie???? and yours is the truth. ALL OF YOU PEOPLE who feel the need to discreidt have nothing to say about why do posts get delete? we know that is true but you never have nothing to say. why is the place such a big issuses surrounding it. nope you never touch on that one either. just everyone hating on DR. A because he the best??? yea whatever . why was i in a hot house with a fever and a infection again no one touching that one. or how they had a out break of infections. again no one touching that fact. i mean the list goes on and on. Dr. B not a doctor?? that ok again know one touching that just everything that shaded gray. i guess that easier to make up excuses about. again great if your time there was fine and you made out by the grace of god but stop challenge everyone who didn't. (oh and i know you didn't talk to me and felt the need to speak my "garbage" as you state about this just so many know i'm young and had no real health problems and it happen to me and it not the fact i got the infection again it how they handle the whole thing that got me sour with them)

Edited by ryansgirl

I am shocked that posts are removed; all information should be out here for all of us to read and sift through. We should be equipped to ask question, research etc. How quickly some jump to attack and defend, makes me wonder why.