Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Going alone to see Alberto Aceves or......

Do they reqiure all the same testing as USA. I have had all the testing. A little blip on the stress test. They want to do the cath and postpone. What tests does Dr. Aceves make you do?

Included in These Fees are the Following:

n Pre-operative testing:

? EKG (electrocardiogram)

? Chest x-ray

? Cardiologist Evaluation if required

? Anesthesiologist evaluation

? Complete blood chemistry test

n Post-surgery chest x-ray

n Hospital stay: 48 hours for lap band gastric banding 72 hours sleeve procedures; 4 days for RNY .

n 2 night hotel stay for RNY (optional); 1 night before surgery for Gastric Sleeve and lap band patients.

n Surgical Team

n Anesthesiologist

n Operating Room privileges

n Lap band Implant (when applicable)

n Transportation to and from the airport (for patient and 1 companion)

n Free fills for the life (for the lap band system), but still a charge for the X-ray room

I am glad to hear all the positive things about Dr. Aceves. He is one of the docs I am considering if my insurance will not approve for me to have it here in the states. (still waiting for an answer)

Now, I too, am thinking about going alone.

I'm feeling super great thank you.

I would have gone alone to Aceves if my family had not thrown a fit. Daughter came with me but only stayed until the surgery was over and she left the next morning. But that is my personality.

I did go with sister when she had hers and she needed to have me there, but that is her personality.

You will be fine.

I have never been to Dr Aceves, but I know that from reading other people's posts that he is an awesome Dr!! Goo for it, and never look back!

I went alone to Dr. Aceves.I had no desire to take anyone with me.

I had a great experience there and

would love to go back just to visit.

My main problem there was that I was bored. Thank Goodness Dr. Campos loaned me his cell phone (mine would not work) and his lap top. They are all so great there!

Bring your laptop. Connection is sometimes iffy, but you can bring some movies from home too. Don't bother with books as your concentration is off after anesthesia, but magazines are good. ipod good too.

LOL, just go back and read any posts your do while on the happy pills! I said some off the wall things on Facebook after my surgury Saturday :sad0:

Well I as sleeved Saturday by Dr. Aceves. Everything went so well that my Step-Mom who came down for support is set up for surgury Tuesday! So we are switching roles tomorrow! I am doing great, a little post-op pain since they couldn't use a spinal on me, but I was up and walking that evening and feeling good! All the drains and IVs are out today, so tomorrow i get the couch and my S-Mom gets the bed (we are even keeping the same room!) :sad0::lol0::lol0:

Tracy

I am very happy to read about another very happy Dr. Aceves patient. So far on this board, not one person has had a bad experience there!

Well I as sleeved Saturday by Dr. Aceves. Everything went so well that my Step-Mom who came down for support is set up for surgury Tuesday! So we are switching roles tomorrow! I am doing great, a little post-op pain since they couldn't use a spinal on me, but I was up and walking that evening and feeling good! All the drains and IVs are out today, so tomorrow i get the couch and my S-Mom gets the bed (we are even keeping the same room!) :thumbup::lol0::lol0:

Tracy

That is so awesome. Not only has your research and bravery helped your health, you've been a positive influence on another life. What a great bond for you guys. THAT IS TERRIFIC!!!

Dr. Aceves is a great choice for surgury. Our procedures cost $8750, which does not include airfair, but it does include a ride from the San Diego airport. If you use a debit or credit cards their is a 3% extra charge.

Have no worries about the facilities, the nursing care, or the doctors, they are comprable to the US. (think small town hospital). Dr. Aceves' staff is very helpful and check on you often.

My step mom has already been up to walk and is feeling good, if sleepy :thumbup:.

Tracy

wish you the best of luck, i hope all goes well.....well actually, i know everything will.

you're in the best hands!! Dr. Aceves and his team are very reliable and professional.

Godbless.

I'm being sleeved by Dr. Aceves on May 11th. I am very excited. I was going to go alone at first, but now my husband will be with me. At first, I really wanted to go alone since I will worry too much about his boredom , etc.

A question: is the hospital room sufficient for my husband to camp out or should he just stay at the hotel? Thanks. Deborah