Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Going alone to see Alberto Aceves or......

Go alone. You don't need the chaos. You will be fine. All the bariatric patients are together and you all hang out. I was going alone but family insisted daughter come with me. She left the next morning and I was alone after that. No problem at all.

Okay, this is it. i am meeting the driver in the lobby at 7am.

I will see you on the other side. I am definitely nervous.

xoxo

Jilly, Hope everything went well! Welcome to the loser's bench!

Ernesto told us that he had had the surg and I believe I had heard that Dr. Campos also had it. I bet Dr. C doesn't weigh 100 lbs! Also the anesthesist is serious eye candy, if I do say so myself...I'm allowed!

Hello All,

I had surgery yesterday! I am feeling just fine. I walked a little but spent most of the time in bed, watching TV. At 9pm, I asked for an Ativan so I could sleep. Dr. Campos orderd a pill crushed up and it had to rest under my tongue until it was dissolved. So, I went to sleep just fine. I woke up at 1:30 am, thinking it was morning. My stomach felt sore and I did not want it to feel worse so I asked for a pain pill. No clue what they gave me but it did the trick. Later today, Dr. Campos will order fluids for me to drink. At some point today, I will have my first leak test (not including the one they did during surgery. I am told I will drink Water with blue food coloring for a while and the nurses will monitor my ldrain for leaks. Then tomorrow, I will have the fleuroscopy (sp?) where I can see the blue liquid go through my new tummy.

I am glad it is over because I was starting to experience real anxiety!

So, today I feel perfectly fine. I am so grateful that I have done this for myself. I told my husband, the last time I felt this sure of anything was after my Lasiks! :crying:

I will check in again soon.

xoxo

Edited by Jillyr

Jillyr

So happy you are on the other side. You sound like you are doing great, posting so soon. I felt so nauseous the 2nd day I didn't want to look at the computer. It only gets better from here. I had the nurse Adriana who was an angel, think she only works on the weekends, but such a sweet person. I'm so glad you are doing so well!!

Jillyr - so glad you are doing well! They are all great. I'm glad you are ok - the 2nd day can be tough, it was for me.

And definitely DITTO on this: "the anesthesist is serious eye candy" - whoever said it. He was HOT. :001_tt1:

Welcome Jillyr to the I've been sleeved side. I also went alone and had no problems. I am 6 months post op and Dr Campos had already had his surgery and lost his weight before I went for my surgery so his must have been at least several months prior to mine. Keep up the good work with your recovery!

Hi Jill!!!

So glad to see you are up and posting again! Yes that first 24 hours is a little tough, but I'm glad they were able to keep you comfortable.

That is great that they are doing so many leak tests, my Dr. does 3. I think it is best to have a lot just to make sure.

I'm so happy for you, sleeved sister!! I'm now one week out and I love it. I feel great, just a little sore. You will do great and before you know it you will be at goal!

Take care, and post when you can!

Bernadette

Well, today is day three. I will have my final leak test today and then I am going home tomorrow. Tonight I get to drink chicken broth. yummy. Last night I dreamt i was eating pizza!

There are more patients here and I am starting to meet new friends. Ernesto comes in my room and checks on me every day. Drs. Aceves and Campos are in here several times a day.

I am still having the gas pain, particulary after i drink my fluids.

I just asked for medicine to make me sleep so i am off to la la land.

Tennessee, did you get your money?

xoxo, Jilly

Edited by Jillyr

Jilly

Sounds like you are doing great!! You will love the tasted of the chicken broth. You will also be surprised at how little you can have before you are full. Dreaming of pizza...LOL, was it pepperoni?

I still have little bouts of gas pain, not much just a little pain in the shoulder.

Good luck on your venture home, glad that you are doing so well!!!

Bernadette

The experience was perfect. Why doesn't everyone do this? I am home now, drinking Isopure. I have lost six pounds. Yet, my swollen belly looks four months pregnant!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• KeeWee

It's been 10 long years! Here is my VSG weight loss surgiversary update..
      https://www.ae1bmerchme.com/post/10-year-surgiversary-update-for-2024 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Aunty Mamo

Iʻm roughly 6 weeks post-op this morning and have begun to feel like a normal human, with a normal human body again. I started introducing solid foods and pill forms of medications/supplements a couple of weeks ago and it's really amazing to eat meals with my family again, despite the fact that my portions are so much smaller than theirs. 
      I live on the island of Oʻahu and spend a lot of time in the water- for exercise, for play,  and for spiritual & mental health. The day I had my month out appointment with my surgeon, I packed all my gear in my truck, anticipating his permission to get back in the ocean. The minute I walked out of that hospital I drove straight to the shore and got in that water. Hallelujah! My appointment was at 10 am. I didn't get home until after 5 pm. 
      I'm down 31 pounds since the day of surgery and 47 since my pre-op diet began, with that typical week long stall occurring at three weeks. I'm really starting to see some changes lately- some of my clothing is too big, some fits again. The most drastic changes I notice however are in my face. I've also noticed my endurance and flexibility increasing. I was really starting to be held up physically, and I'm so grateful that I'm seeing that turn around in such short order. 
      My general disposition lately is hopeful and motivated. The only thing that bugs me on a daily basis still is the way those supplements make my house smell. So stink! But I just bought a smell proof bag online that other people use to put their pot in. My house doesn't stink anymore. 

· 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

Oh yeah, something I wanted to rant about, a billing dispute that cropped up 3 months ago.
      Surgery was in August of 2023. A bill shows up for over $7,000 in January. WTF? I asks myself. I know that I jumped through all of the insurance hoops and verified this and triple checked that, as did the surgeon's office. All was set, and I paid all of the known costs before surgery.
      A looong story short, is that an assistant surgeon that was in the process of accepting money from my insurance company touched me while I was under anesthesia. That is what the bill was for. But hey, guess what? Some federal legislation was enacted last year to help patients out when they cannot consent to being touched by someone out of their insurance network. These types of bills fall under something called, "surprise billing," and you don't have to put up with it.
      https://www.cms.gov/nosurprises
      I had to make a lot of phone calls to both the surgeon's office and the insurance company and explain my rights and what the maximum out of pocket costs were that I could be liable for. Also had to remind them that it isn't my place to be taking care of all of this and that I was going to escalate things if they could not play nice with one another.
      Quick ending is that I don't have to pay that $7,000+. Advocate, advocate, advocate for yourself no matter how long it takes and learn more about this law if you are ever hit with a surprise bill.
      · 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

Some days I feel like an infiltrator... I'm participating in society as a "thin" person. They have no idea that I haven't always been one of them! 🤣
      · 0 replies
    • ChunkCat

Thank you everyone for your well wishes! I totally forgot I wrote an update here... I'm one week post op today. I gained 15 lbs in water weight overnight because they had to give me tons of fluids to bring my BP up after surgery! I stayed one night in the hospital. Everything has been fine except I seem to have picked up a bug while I was there and I've been running a low grade fever, coughing, and a sore throat. So I've been hydrating well and sleeping a ton. So far the Covid tests are negative.
      I haven't been able to advance my diet past purees. Everything I eat other than tofu makes me choke and feels like trying to swallow rocks. They warned me it would get worse before it gets better, so lets hope this is all normal. I have my follow up on Monday so we'll see. Living on shakes and soup again is not fun. I had enough of them the first time!! LOL 
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches