Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

65-70 lbs to lose

I'm having a really hard time. I had my surgery May 2010 and I have only lost 40 lbs. I still want to loose at least another 40lbs but I'm having trouble sticking to my diet. I'm working out, but only 2x a week now but I'm doing a lot of yard work too. There is literally nothing that I can't eat. I was really expecting a lot more from my surgery other than just volume control, I thought I wouldn't be hungry and that I wouldn't tolerate sweets. I'm not gaining a lot of weight maybe a couple of pounds, but then It comes off. But I haven't lost any more since October. It just seems that with as little as I'm eating, and a lot less than I used to, I don't understand why I'm not loosing some, even a pound a month would be something. It's been a long plateau! Any ideas??? HELP!!

THIS IS MY WORST FEAR....PLEASE GIVE ME AN UPDATE...CLEANED OUT SOME OF MY CLOSET..MAYBE I SHOULD NOT GIVE THEM AWAY.....

I had my surgery on 11/29/10 and have lost 60 lbs so far. I am thinking about readjusting my goal to about 25 more. Now that I am here, I feel like a "normal" bmi is attainable.

Hi there,

I am in for surgery tomorrow morning. I am 195lb and hope to get to around 130lb. I am nervous but excited. I have only told one person - my husband as I too do not wish to put up with any negative comments relating to how I should have the will power to do it on my own. Too many diets and yes I have lost weight (prob around 140lb's 2.5 years ago but put it all back on and more since then). This will mean a whole new life and I am feeling positive about it already - that I will keep off the weight forever !!!!! Wish me luck and I look forward to reading more posts. Cheers

Hi there' date='

I am in for surgery tomorrow morning. I am 195lb and hope to get to around 130lb. I am nervous but excited. I have only told one person - my husband as I too do not wish to put up with any negative comments relating to how I should have the will power to do it on my own. Too many diets and yes I have lost weight (prob around 140lb's 2.5 years ago but put it all back on and more since then). This will mean a whole new life and I am feeling positive about it already - that I will keep off the weight forever !!!!! Wish me luck and I look forward to reading more posts. Cheers[/quote']

Hello katie I read your post and we are in the same boat. Just wondering how your doing post surgery?

1st Day post-opp today and I am 43 and I also have 65lbs to go. My reasons for the surgery were high cholesterol and heart issues. I hope to lose the weight and improve my life. I guess the process has already started since yesterday! Hurray! VSG…… I did not care and am not hiding it from anyone. If they have negative remarks then thats their problem and not mine. Hopefully my problems are being fixed by the VSG.

Ali, how are you doing?

I just scheduled for Aug 13th and also have about 60 lbs to lose.

I am excited and an anxious at the same time. Are you happy with your decision to get sleeved? Any regrets? How has it been adjusting your diet?

Matt, I am doing great; thank you for asking. I am so happy that you have your date scheduled. I can tell you a few things that I experienced.

I was scared that all that could go wrong would go wrong. However, not a single thing went bad (touch wood). I had no pain after the surgery; they give you enough drugs to manage the pain, remember you do not feel any internal pain other than a little bit of very manageable gas pain. The only little pain that you will experience will be in the incisions (but again very minimal). I am a chicken when it comes to cuts and burise and yet I am telling you that these doctors have perfected this art of cutting you and then stitching you up.

They gave me a few ice cubes the first night and after the leak test the next morning they gave me 2oz of chicken broth, 2oz of apple juice, and 2oz of Jell-O which I finished without any difficulty. I was thinking that I would have to take very small sips when drinking Water however I tell you thatI can take pretty decent size sips. I did not vomit once since I have had my surgery. At any time I can drink about 6oz to 8oz of Water withot any problem by sipping slowly. So far it’s been 13 days since my surgery; my incisions are all healed, I am still on liquid diet but still not hating it, I have not vomited even once, everything feels really good. My back pain is gone, my keens are thanking me and I am since surgery down 20 pounds however a total of about 45 lbs. down since my preop diet.

Matt, I wish I had this done a few years earlier. I am a very active person, I bike long distances as in century rides, I downhill ski a lot, I love the outdoors and I kid you not, I really do feel that I will do all those things so much better going forward with less weight to carry. My doc told me that I probably would be about 190lbs by Dec (boy o boy) I am excited.

Matt, the bigger worry is in your mind, like I said I was prepared for the worst and everything came out beautiful. Just believe in yourself and have faith and jump in; everything will be fine.

Thanks

Ali

You can reach out to me anytime you like.

Hi there. I received a message from mattr2 this morning asking how it was all going. I had surgery on 24th jan and all is going great and to one regret. Just love the sleeve. I prob would have met my goal by now if I did not enjoy my red wine so much! I weighed myself the other day and I have gone from 89 kg to 73kg. Great ! I feel great and am just not weighing myself every day like I used to. I find that this makes me obsess about food etc too much and by not weighing I can just get I with life and feel it in my clothes instead. Over Easter I was worried about things as I put on 4-5kg due to just continually eating so much of the kids Easter edges and also drinking every night! I focused on drinking my Protein Shakes and more Water (which I still do not get into me by any means!) and started doing a couple of power walks every week and the weight shifted Ina few weeks and I was back to where I was before Easter. I find that a couple of power walks and Protein Shake for barely and some sort of Soups for lunch ( home made with chicken or stew with beef) and I am keeping it under control. I still eat everything I want to but the exercise and Protein shakes keep me slowly going along With the weight loss. I really really enjoy this sleeve and it is the best thing ever. The emotional side of eating is a big one for your head to get around........but I am very happy thati am so in control of my old addiction. The only thing now is thati am drinking every night a couple of glasses of red wine. Substituting one addiction for another? ( when trying to log on before I saw that one of the topics on this forum was swapping one addiction for another) so will read that now with interest. Also this went loss has made me feel sexy again and my confidence has risen greatly. The sexual side of things is so much better with my hubby as my body is smaller and easier to manoevre in the sack. Sorry if that it too much info but a reality and great for our marriage!!! Haha. Cheers everyone. Ps I have not told a soul except for my lovely supportive husband and I am so glad that I did not tell anyone. Let me say that I have been very tempted at times but am so glad that I did not do this. No pressure from anyone at all.

Hi there. I received a message from mattr2 this morning asking how it was all going. I had surgery on 24th jan and all is going great and to one regret. Just love the sleeve. I prob would have met my goal by now if I did not enjoy my red wine so much! I weighed myself the other day and I have gone from 89 kg to 73kg. Great ! I feel great and am just not weighing myself every day like I used to. I find that this makes me obsess about food etc too much and by not weighing I can just get I with life and feel it in my clothes instead. Over Easter I was worried about things as I put on 4-5kg due to just continually eating so much of the kids Easter edges and also drinking every night! I focused on drinking my Protein shakes and more Water (which I still do not get into me by any means!) and started doing a couple of power walks every week and the weight shifted Ina few weeks and I was back to where I was before Easter. I find that a couple of power walks and Protein shake for barely and some sort of Soups for lunch ( home made with chicken or stew with beef) and I am keeping it under control. I still eat everything I want to but the exercise and Protein Shakes keep me slowly going along With the weight loss. I really really enjoy this sleeve and it is the best thing ever. The emotional side of eating is a big one for your head to get around........but I am very happy thati am so in control of my old addiction. The only thing now is thati am drinking every night a couple of glasses of red wine. Substituting one addiction for another? ( when trying to log on before I saw that one of the topics on this forum was swapping one addiction for another) so will read that now with interest. Also this went loss has made me feel sexy again and my confidence has risen greatly. The sexual side of things is so much better with my hubby as my body is smaller and easier to manoevre in the sack. Sorry if that it too much info but a reality and great for our marriage!!! Haha. Cheers everyone. Ps I have not told a soul except for my lovely supportive husband and I am so glad that I did not tell anyone. Let me say that I have been very tempted at times but am so glad that I did not do this. No pressure from anyone at all.

I'm going in for my first appt in a couple of weeks and can't wait! But as a wine collector, I have to admit, reading your post made me smile. Dang red wine!

A big thank you to both Katie and Ali!

Having a little less to lose than others on this board and having this procedure makes it helpful to ask others in the same sitation.

I'm curious, what size bougies id your doctors use?

A big thank you to both Katie and Ali!

Having a little less to lose than others on this board and having this procedure makes it helpful to ask others in the same sitation.

I'm curious, what size bougies id your doctors use?

What are bougies?

I have between 60 and 70 to lose for me to be happy. I get my sleeve next Wednesday.

Echowits, how are you feeling today post surgery? I hope all is well. We are simular in our stories, having about the same starting weight and going to Mexico. Have a good day :rolleyes:

Echo wits, a boogie is the size of the guide the surgeon uses to guide him in shapin your new stomach. How do you feel after surgery?

Echo wits, a boogie is the size of the guide the surgeon uses to guide him in shapin your new stomach. How do you feel after surgery?

Thanks. Today, I am feeling very week. I started back to work yesterday, and it wasn't that bad. Being on Clear liquids does not help provide much energy though. I start full liquids tomorrow.

Yeah, I will be back to work one week after too. I heard the first two weeks are tough and then it gets better. Hang in there!!!