Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

65-70 lbs to lose

I am 1 month and 13 days postopp and it seems like I never ever had the surgery. I am 55 lbs down and am very confident that I will reach down 175 or 180 lbs in a few months. This is the best thing that I did for myself. Thank you Lord.

Well, I am 1 day post op and everything went perfectly. I am so happy I went through this. Thank you to everyone that helped me along the way. I just know, in a few months I will be a new person with an improved outlook on life. This past week has been crazy, lost a loved one, bought a house, and had vsg surgery. Wow.

Matt sorry to hear of your loss. I am glad that you got your surgery done. Now look towards a greater you. Congratulations!

Matt, How are things going for you? I am at 210lbs and seems like it's kinda stalled. I may not be eating right also. Well, I am adding more exercise and will watch my intake also.

later

Ali

Doing just great! I am down 24 lbs and still losing 2-3 lbs a week. I expect that to slow down a lot, maybe to 1-1.5 a week simple because I only have 35 lbs to go. I am only 3 1/2 weeks into it and I feel a lot of restriction. Actually I'm concerned about too much restriction. Hopefully things open up in a few months alittle more so I can enjoy more than just a few mini bites of Protein or Beans.

Overall it's been easy, just very awkward when out to eat with friends or family, very awkward when it comes to the main entree.

liquids go down fairly easily, but once I eat any Protein, it takes a long time to be able to drink again, several hours and I seem to fill up quickly throughout the rest of the day. I try to drink my protein in the morning and get it out of the way.

Matt, I am ~9 weeks out and I can tell you that it is way better that what it was at week 3. Just hang in there and it will get better. The worst is over.

Glad to hear that you are loosing the weight well.

later

Ali

Good to hear Ali.

Yeah, the weight comes off slowly which is great for me. I have a little less to lose and I am not watching calories at all. I figure with how little I can eat, as long as I get Protein and Water, how could calories be an issue. I may have a bite of ice cream or a few bites of a twix bar from my kids every once in a while (or while at a football game.) Life is for living right?

Tell me what you mean by it gets better....... do you mean volume, tolerance, social awkwardness ....... ?

My surgery is set for Dec. 5th. and I have about 65 lbs. to lose. I have had several people, even some doctors tell me that I wasn't heavy enough for surgery. These people have know idea how I feel. How much my feet, knees and hips hurt at night. I get so out of breath sometimes. I know this is the right thing to do but I am really getting scared. I start my liquid diet tomorrow. Pray for me.

I hear ya ILMD, I felt the same way. I was a BMI of 33 and love the step I took to get healthy. I am sure people will think I am crazy for turning to surgery but I know I just made a major change for the better.

My family is all overweight. I was well down the path of diabetes and knee replacement surgery. After 3.5 months I am 10 lbs from goal and feel like a champ. Only two people know I had the surgery, my wife and my twin brother. He's a doctor and wants to do the same as I did, but his wife wont let him.

I went to Dr Rod in Mexico. His team was awesome.

Best wishes!

I don't know why but I put that my surgery was the 7th. It is actually on the 5th. I will be having a dual sleeve. They think I have a hiatal hernia. I will go in on the 4th and they'll check, and if I do they will fix it when I have my surgery. I only told my husband, my two grown children and my best friend. My son wasn't totally thrilled about it at first, but he is not more supportive. The people that say that we're not heavy enough just need to walk around in our shoes for a while. They would soon understand. Lol. Congratulations on almost meeting your goal. That's awesome!! I have read that people with a lower BMI lose their weight slower than people that have more weight to lose. I would rather lose it slower to maybe keep the wrinkles down. At 53, I already have enough.

Best Wishes

I'm having a really hard time. I had my surgery May 2010 and I have only lost 40 lbs. I still want to loose at least another 40lbs but I'm having trouble sticking to my diet. I'm working out' date=' but only 2x a week now but I'm doing a lot of yard work too. There is literally nothing that I can't eat. I was really expecting a lot more from my surgery other than just volume control, I thought I wouldn't be hungry and that I wouldn't tolerate sweets. I'm not gaining a lot of weight maybe a couple of pounds, but then It comes off. But I haven't lost any more since October. It just seems that with as little as I'm eating, and a lot less than I used to, I don't understand why I'm not loosing some, even a pound a month would be something. It's been a long plateau! Any ideas??? HELP!![/quote']

My surgon told me that I would only loose the bulk of my weight in the first six months, anything after that will be like loising weight befor surgery, super hard but doable. Stay commited an accountable an posative you CAN do this honey uv come this far... Good luck ↖(^▽^)↗

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using VST

5 months out and I am 15lbs away from my goal. I started at 268 and today am at 195 thus 15 more to go. The weight loss has slowed down yet not stopped. I am so glad that I got this done. I am a new person now. All full of energy.

I am having a really tough day today. If I hadn't already paid I'm afraid I would back out. It's getting closer and I'm getting nervous again. I'm missing getting to eat. I'm just having a major stress day. I hate feeling this way. I know in the long run its the right thing to do. My feet, knees, hips, back and my lungs will be healthier. About 12 years ago I used to run stairs. Now my knees are reminding me about it since I have all this extra weight. Stress, Stress, Stress!!!

I am having a really tough day today. If I hadn't already paid I'm afraid I would back out. It's getting closer and I'm getting nervous again. I'm missing getting to eat. I'm just having a major stress day. I hate feeling this way. I know in the long run its the right thing to do. My feet' date=' knees, hips, back and my lungs will be healthier. About 12 years ago I used to run stairs. Now my knees are reminding me about it since I have all this extra weight. Stress, Stress, Stress!!![/quote']

Please do not worry. It will be just fine and to tell you the truth I felt some what similar to what you are feeling but kept telling myself that it would be ok and it more that ok 5 months out. I can eat what ever that I want including ice cream and what not. Just that I focus more on solid foods and they fill me up quickly. I feel satisfied when I get up from the dinner table. Just go for it and you will thank yourself in a few weeks that you did the best thing for yourself. Good luck to you and God bless.

Thanks for the encouraging words. It really does help. I'm sure you can relate, but I can get so nevous sometimes. I'll just be glad when its over. :(