Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June 2006 Band Crew

I'm doing well except on the food! I've gone way over 1200 calories 2 days this week.

I have to stop this little habit in a hurry!

I've been tight (allergies?) and when I get stuck I turn to higher calorie mushies. Bumber.

I keep thinking about the next four months being phase 3.

Phase one - losing quickly, sticking to the rules to a "t"

Phase two - plateau, frustration, slower loss, lumpier, fluffier body and finally some bad habits

Phase three - reality. Getting back to the hard work of losing with the band

It's actually like a puzzle and we've each gotta put one together!

Since my cashew incident yesterday I have been doing great. I can't eat much of anything.

I have a fill scheduled for Monday, but now I am wondering if I really need one. Man this thing is weird.

I am very excited....I have been waiting for this for the last 2 months....I have been at 220 lbs and have not budged...but this morning i got on the scale there it was......finally under 220....looks like it is going to start moving again....now i am motivated and working hard....I took a picture of the scale....and i want to share it with you guys....sorry about the toes ...i know i need a pedicure...lol...sorry the date is wrong on my camera. I need to fix that.

post-206011-13813135012924_thumb.jpg

post-206212-13813134698487_thumb.jpg

Congrats Cindy!

Thanks for the inspiration Leece!

Thanks 4 getting the tix Barb!

I like "Phase 3" Pinky!

Good luck with the fill Poodles!

I'm eating my oatmeal this morning. I had a little popcorn splurge last night, but I was at 190 this morning, so it didn't hurt(it was air popped).

Let's keep it going!

Since my cashew incident yesterday I have been doing great. I can't eat much of anything.

I have a fill scheduled for Monday, but now I am wondering if I really need one. Man this thing is weird.

Good Luck with the fill I go for mine on Thursday and I really can not wait to get back on track with that fill. This unfill has been horrible!

Lisa

I've ridden my stationery bike 30 minutes both yesterday and today. Some people say exercise helps with hunger, but I find I get HUNGRIER when I exercise! Anyone else? I also did great on my Water, but went over on my calories. Hope everyone is doing well.

I get really hungry after I exercise especially if I increase intensity. B4 band exercise really did curb my appetite for a few hours. I can hardly get to the shower before my tummy is growling.

A cold v8 will usually do the trick. If only I'd remember it (I'm not kidding)

Congrats Cindy on the breakthrough.

Good luck on those fills ladies.

The thought occurred to me that I keep slipping off the horse. If I weren't trying to get back on and on some days actually riding, no telling what that scale might say.

Speaking of scales. For the record, I'm still bouncing between 187 and 190. I'm no longer frustrated with my plateau. I'm not consistent enough with calories to complain.

I have gone to Curves 4 times this week. I'm headed out now for a morning workout before leaving for the weekend. Going shopping with friends up in the Hill country. I haven't had a "gals" weekend since getting married 3 years ago. This will be fun. Pinkylee is going with me so maybe we can keep each other in control. NOT!

I've done better this week, but still eating too many calories. I am not as hungry after exercise, but I still eat. :)

Have a great weekend everyone.

Hi Junebies! My update for the week:

I kept my exercise promise again this week, and dare I say it....I actually kind of enjoy it *GASP!* I love walking w/my Ipod, it helps that I love music. When my sister goes w/me we take turns talking/running out of breath. So I have done two weeks of exercise. I never did add another goal because I wanted to make sure this one "took"....and.....

tahdah! It did. And better yet, the scale finally moved again! I've been eating a ton of m&m's but I think the walking has countered them :) Maybe exercise alone can move the scale? Who knows. So this next week, I'm not adding a new habit *AGAIN*. I'm going to try to perfect the exercise thing. I know, it may seem like I'm taking the easy way out but I'm afraid if I start adding on too many new habits and expectations I'll throw my hands up and quit them all. So, small steps for me :woot:

Congrats Cindy!! I know that it can get frustrating during the slow times.

Barb and Pinky --have fun shopping!! I'm going out this afternoon too. Should be at home all day working but sometimes you just need a break!!

Have a great weekend everyone. I've got a very busy one ahead of me.

Talk later --

Melissa

Okay my fellow Junebies, I don't profess to understand this or even know that it really means anything, but my scale is moving again! Not just between two numbers, but actually down. The only thing I've done different is exercise regularly. So I don't know if it's exercise, or just that it's our time to move through the plateaus....?

hey all!!!!

i'm finally below 200 lbs!!!! the scale read 199.8...so i claimed it!!!

cutiern:D

:girl_hug: :girl_hug: (doing the happy dance!!!):girl_hug: :girl_hug:

Cutiern!

You go girl!!! Wonderful! Fantastic! Congratulations!

Are any of Dr. Spivak's patients going to the support group at his office?

Cutiern! Awesome!

My scale moved AGAIN this morning. I'm totally in shock/awe/heaven. I was scheduled for a fill on Monday that I am now cancelling because I'm moving again. I swear the only thing I've done different is exercise. My calorie intake I've not tracked. Who knows? I'm claiming it!

Aimee- Exercise is a HUGE part of this! I'm not surprised the scales began moving after you started exercising.

Cutiern- Congrats on ONEderland! That's AWESOME!

I rode 30 minutes on my bike again yesterday, but I've been bad about calories, so I'm up again. I need to have a live-in chef, trainer, counselor and motivational speaker in order to stay on track!