Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June 2006 Band Crew

That really upsets me because it has taken me about 9 fills to get to 1.9 with omnipaque. Can you imagine if I have to have an unfill and get filled at .2 or .3 each time. It will be a year before I'm back. So wish me luck and I'll do my best to hold this fill.

Barbara: Just curious what is a ominipaque and omnipack? Does it have anything to do with the Lapband?

I have never heard of this before?

Good Luck with the new fill, I go for my second fill tomorrow and after my total unfill on Feb. 8th.

I really need the restriction since I have been eating everything that is not tied down:think !

Lisa

Omnipaque or omnipack is a thicker saline. It is used in people who lose their fills. Some bands absorb the regular saline.

So far so good. No problems yet, but still on liquids. Went to Curves on my way home. Everything is going good and I have a renewed start. I must say though I am very hungry.

Yoo Hoooooo! Anyone home? Company just left and a new batch is coming late this weekend. I'm so glad I have the band. I would have gained 5 pounds. Instead, I'm still on the plateau, but the scenery isn't so bad.

Updates please. How is everyone?

Poodles that's great. I had a fill on Monday and I'm still hungry. I'm stll on mushies. Have to be until Saturday, but may stay here a few extra days. I want this fill to work and if everything goes well get another one in 3 weeks. I don't have restriction, but I'll wait until 15 days to be sure.

Been to Curves twice this week and will go another 2 times. I like the exercise and find it is easy. I go on my way home from work so its not too bad.

Hope everyone is doing OK. I miss catching up during the day. I feel so left out. :success1:

Hey Everyone! Just popping in to say hey! I'm going to be MIA for a few days (or next week). I have the movers coming today and will Be flying to Corporate for Training on Sunday Morning. Gosh I'm so tired!!

Have a great weekend. Talk to you all soon!

Melissa

Have a great trip Melissa. Will you be back to Houston or is this the final move to LA? Get some rest. It will get better. You are off on a new adventure. How exciting.

Hey Barbara12, how are you? We haven't heard from you in a while. I'm going to sit down and watch The Secret today. I also ordered some DVDs from Abraham-Hicks and the book Laws of Attraction. On our road trip last week we were able to hear a tape. Put a few things in different perspective to me. I think I'll work on the inner me and the weight will take care of itself.

Barbara465,

I'm doing great. My weight is stable and not moving. I probably need to think about another fill soon.

I really have been enjoying "The Secret" and related readings, etc. Part of the reason I don't post too often here is that I am trying to focus on positive things. We attract what we think about and I spend way too much time thinking about my weight.

Sounds like you are really getting it together with your exercising. Thinking about good health is the answer. I truly think the weight will drop if we all just focus on getting healthy by eating good foods, drinking good ole H2O and getting our exercise.

Hope everyone has a great weekend. Get out and enjoy life!

Good morning everyone,

Sorry I haven't posted in a while, its been extremely busy arounf here. Sounds like everyone is hanging in there. I am doing well, the scale finally has shown me a new number for the past 3 days in a row, so i think I can finally claim it, 163.5, whahoo!!! Finally going down again. I have been excersising a lot with my turbo jam kick boxing and now weather is nice I have been riding my bike. I had to go to the consignment shop and get me some shorts and capri's because I had none that fit me from last summer. I am wearing mostly a size 10 now. I still can't believe that last year at this time I was wearing a size 24, what a difference this band has made in my life.

Melissa, good luck on the move and check in when you can.

toodles!!!

Hi everyone:

Thought I'd post though I'm a little ticked off. I somehow gained 5 pounds, with TOM and needing a fill. I got 1 1/2 back off, but I'm hungry all the time. My fill is scheduled for 3/21. I sold my house (very good news) and am moving back to where my son is going to high school, saving me an hour driving a day and a lot of stress and money. I'm determined to spend that extra time exercising. But first, gotta schedule the movers.

Have a Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Wanting to make sure this is ok. Don't want to be overfilled again, but just need reassurance that this is what is suppose to be like.

Drank my shake for breakfast... little slow at first but all went down.

At 2:30 I started feeling hungry so I made my favorite tofu. It did not go down, so I mixed it with some broth/cheese to make it my favorite way... yes I know we are not suppose to eat mushies... but anyway. I ate about 4 bites of it, I am guessing 2 oz. and I am full. Got that "if you take another bite its gonna hurt" feeling so I stopped. One hour later I am still full (but want to eat). I am not going to, because I am full... but wanted to make sure this is ok, not overfilled, and normal.

Anyone have an opinion?

Poodles,

As long as you aren't pbing, I'd say you have success. Remember with any fill there is some swelling that will eventually go down. When it does, perhaps you will be at that sweet spot that 4 ounces of Protein and a few bites of veggies satisfy. I'm excited for you. Please take it easy. Praying hard for you!

You guys inspire me. Barbara12, I'm with you. My thoughts need to focus on the good things. This band has been so good for me. Today has been productive and healthy.

Regina,

So how does it feel to be in a size you might not have seen in a long time? You made some exercise changes and I'm going to ride my bike tomorrow!

Right now we are waiting on DS to take us to dinner. Kids (25 yr old) are never in a hurry. I had some canteloupe and I'm nursing a lo-cal wine cooler (my own invention). A cab/merlot mix with wyler's pink lemonade and a splash of oj. It's kinda like sangria. I've never been much of a drinker, but I'm choosing to stay as healthy as I can. This is 70 calories well spent as far as I can tell.

I'm still standing on 3.0 in a 4.0 band. It's a great feeling at this spot. Somewhat restricted, but so manageable. I'm not ruling out another fill, just waiting for the right time (if that ever comes).

Met a few new friends through Barbara 465 and friendship is definitely not overrated! One gal clued me in on Jergen's tanning body lotion. Just smooth it on (no need to get to worried about precise) and it slowly gives you a warmer color. Just a hint of tint, I guess. I've seen it at the store and been scepticle, but for all you mayonaise legs out there, it really does work. It's not a hard-core tanning lotion. Very little odor, very subtle change.

Have a good weekend everyone and stay positive. It doesn't cost a thing!