Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June 2006 Band Crew

Welcome to Onederland!

I hope your Dad continues to do better everyday.

Congrats on making it through your first week at work. It will get easier.

Happy Weekend ALL!

Congrats...Melissa.....Must be so nice to be in the hundreds.....i am 20 lbs away from Onderland and it is the hardest 20 pounds i have ever tried to lose....i am slowing up and am in a slump as i see some others are too.....it is so frustrating....i need some challenges.....water, exercise, food, no sweets something...but i like when we all do it...i have been away from this site for a bit and i think that is what my problem is i gave up on the site and was giving up on myself.....i feel so alone....i hate the way my family acts i always feel like i am being watched ...i feel like a science project.....i just want to get back on track and drop the pounds.....Challenges Anyone?????

Oh wow Melissa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's the way to go and the way to inspire the rest of us.

OK guys did you pick your one thing to work on? I picked exercise. I'm doing great with it, 3 times to curves last week. We have a walking excursion at a big mall today. I'm drinking my Water.

food portions are still off the wall. I have another week before doctor's appointment. I like the idea of no scales either. I may put that one into effect.

OK Cindy what are you going to work on? We are all doing it, but we are taking it a little slower this time. Pick something you need to work on and do it this week. It can be exercise, Water, carbs, sweets, etc. Only weight once a week.

We can do this guys. Our slumps are over. We are recommitted. Rah, rah, rah. Let's hear it for the Junebies!!!!!!!!!!

Way to go Melissa!!!! Your new milestone is motivating.

Barbara4 you are turning in to a jock.

CindyCam. I know what you mean about family. I feel like I'm being inspected. What will you choose to work on this week? I've actually been working on all of it, but journaling is my toughy and probably the best weapon I have.

Lisa. Good luck with WW's. Their journal rocks!

I haven't been journaling:faint: these past few days. I'll get back on it today. My new goal is to journal each day for the next seven. Next will be no sugar. I did eat 2 fruit cups in a row in order to get past a junk food craving. Peaches - they don't get stuck (I get stuck on applesauce but never peaches). The only sweets I had were some unfrosted cupcakes in the freezer. I'm glad the candy is gone. I did reach for a bag of chips and a large can of tomatoe sauce (24 ouncer) fell and almost hit my foot. Someone's watching out for me. Needless to say, the chips lost their pull.

Is it my imagination or does Ozarka Water taste better than most brands? I bought some cheaper Sam's Club and it's not appealing.

I've had several PB's lately. I think it's allergies, but I need to take it easy the next few days. I'm not quite so hungry either. No new numbers yet, but I know they're coming.

Have a great weekend everyone. Enjoy a bike ride for me Socalgal. Beautiful Michigan bike trails minutes away from my home have me spoiled. It's a 20 mile car ride to a decent trail here in Texas.

Melissa - go girl! how awesome! look how far you have come. super accomplishment!

Pinkylee - allergies definitely had me pb'ing this week; I finally broke down and refilled my allegra and it really has helped.

my challenge this week was exercise: so far so good! i've been walking, 3 miles 3 times a week; I think instead of adding another, i'm going to do one more week of that challenge.

Junebies, we really can do this; i think we're getting to the recommitment stage because our bodies are adjusting to weight loss, changes in eating again, etc. I call it "recalibrating :eek:..."

Good Morning Junbies.....Feels good to be back on this site and getting support. I will be commited to eating no sweets, drinking 64 ounces of Water (which i should be doing anyways), and exercising everyday this week. I already journal my food intake so I dont need to commit to that. I have already quit drinking cokes which were a big step for me...because i drank regular coke like water. My challenge starts today.

About the family, how do we get around them? I am so tired of being their science project. I am tired of being watched everytime i put something in my mouth. They frustrate me!!!!!!

It is weird how we are all in the same situation with weight stalling.

The way to deal with the family is to tell them. Tell them nicely that this is YOUR program and that YOU must do it. You know what you are doing, you know when your are cheating, and you know what is OK. Tell them that you thank them for their support, but they can't watch you 24/7. You have to learn to live in the real world and you have to make the decisions yourself. Others can't make us do it. We have to do it. If they only knew that they frustrate us more and that frustration leads us to food.

We walked today the length of the mall and back. I bought a few new things along the way. It's so funny to me to be buying 3/4 length sleeves. I've always worn the short sleeve tees or polos in the summer. I can't do that this year. These arms are a mess! I found a couple pair of shoes so I'm glad I won't be walking out of these for a while.

Hope everyone is enjoying the weather. It is really beautiful in Houston today.

cindy - i had to tell my family that i love they want to support me and what i need them to do is to watch my girl so i can walk, and to mention when it looks like i lost weight. I also said it hurts, doesn't help when you monitor what i eat - the band wasn't an insta fix for me, so i still deal w/food addiction, issues, etc. that did it. i guess everyone's family is different, but this worked w/mine.

barbara - i have the shoe issue too! my feet have shrunk; so weird!

i'm still on my exercise tract only, for the upcoming week too. i'm going to commit to new habits slowly....

happy day junebies :eek:

Journaling is easy for about 2 days. I know why. When I'm having a tough day I like to "pick". When I'm journaling I "pick" an olive or share a 50 calorie slice of lofat cheese with the dogs. When I'm not journaling it's not olives and I don't share anything.

It was ugly, but I journaled yesterday. Calories aren't so bad, but the food value! No wonder I can't lose weight.

I've been thinking about family....There isn't one member of my family that I don't have a "knee jerk" reaction to right now regarding my weight. I guess that's why I joined WW's.

Junebies, THANKS!!!

PinkyLee - Is that 28 lbs to goal????? What are you stressing over? You will be at goal in no time. Look how far you have come.

I'm further away from onederland than a month ago. What a difference no restriction makes. I'll get there, but it will be a little slower.

DH got up to play golf early. I got up and went to my closet. I've done the first round and took out about 2-3 trashbags full. I'm going back after my coffee and start to color coordinate. I hang onto things I haven't worn in years, but I keep thinking maybe I will. Most of my tees are sretched at the bottom so they have to go.

I bought a few things yesterday and online so I need to get them in my closet. Some things I bought online are too small, but after a fill I should be able to get in them. :myscared:

Back to the closet. Have a great day everyone!

Good morning early bird.

I should be cleaning out my closets too. So much of my stuff "kinda" fits.

I'm stressing because I want the "losing" part of this journey to be done. At this rate I'll be another year to get to goal. There's also that 170 mark suggested by gyn b4 surgery.

For the record, I am grateful for my loss and a relatively uncomplicated fill process. I don't have any physical reasons for the "coasting" I'm doing. You, Poodles, Socalgal3, Lisa to name a few have been dealt a more difficult hand.

Hello early birds :myscared:

I need to attack the closet too...I've been making things work because I have a great deal more to lose and don't want to "redo" my closet every 20 lbs. I've also had a lot altered, which helped.

Okay, I"m going to be the negative self-talk police this morning!

"No wonder I can't lose weight" - Pinkylee, change that to "This is why I haven't lost weight". You can lose it, this is an instant of bad choices for you, it doens't mean a lifetime of bad choices. And "At this rate I'll be another year to get to goal" needs to totally get ditched! Positive talk...."I've really lost a lot of weight" and "I might be finished with this forever in only one year after years of being overweight". Pinkylee, you've done so well girl! I'm sorry to be such a cheerleader today but I hope you can look at yourself through kind eyes, not critical ones :Banane32:

Love you guys! Junebies rock :Banane32:

Pinky lee, I am not meaning to pick on you...I admire how far you've come on your journey, so I wanted to be your cheerleader this morning. You are going to get to the end of this!

Thanks Aimee,

A "can do" attitude is what got me here and I've gotten turned around.

Let's go back to the early days. What are some of your positive early memories?

I remember....

Welcoming an empty growling tummy - especially when I went to bed. I slept through the night for the first time in years.

Feeling a newfound power over food. Enjoying smaller portions without feeling deprived.

Losing my fear of the blood pressure cuff at the doctor's office

Thanks Aimee for being a cheerleader. The band was a gift to me. I think I forgot how to use it. I've let the pits of the band overshadow it's benefits.