Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June 2006 Band Crew

I lost 2 pounds at WW this Tuesday and the meeting was actually fun. Love that coffee-drinkin' leader. I may form a "Nick's harem". No one can hold a candle to the way Jack turns a phrase, but this guy is "out there" when it comes to "salesmanship".

PT has me doing major Pilates type ab work to strengthen my core. I'm wondering if ab work can cause a bit of tightening. Anyone know? There is a definite "disturbance in the force" today.

Lurkers, I can only speak for myself, but ya'll come back and bring your "voices".

Hi all! I recieved the one week Bariatric Starter package I was waiting for on Tuesay night from UPS. I started it yesterday morning (It was Ash Wednesay for us Catholics so, I felt it was a good time to do a cleanse and start a new!) The program is base on the 5 +1+1 Plan of eating which is 5 Protein Shakes a day + 1 Protein Bar a day + a Protein mel which muste consist of 4-6 oz. of lean protein, 1 cup fo starch, 2 cups a green vegetable. They also want you have your Mutltivitamin and the 8 glasses of Water a day.

The shake/pudding mix you are to mix with 6 to 8 oz of water or skim milk and were not bad as long as you throughly mixed it or you were left with a gloppy lump in the cup. The bar was horrible but they let you subsitute it with a package of Soup mix which was cream of chicken or Tomato Soup which is mixed with water, it was not bad.

The only draw back to all of this was the terrible gas,so I just took a pepcide. I figure I went through this same thing when I did the one week with Optifast to prepare for surgery, and I made it through. I can do this for one week to get myself back on track!

Speaking of getting back on track.... After my unfill I also found out from my home scale that I also gained back 5 pounds!:cry So my ticker now reflects that. I also took Fat Tuesday literally and ate everything in site feel free to add in your favorite cheat food in the blanks---------------lol

I looked back at my card that the Nurse Np gave me with my LapBand package, you know that little card that they can register your weight on and the card that you put in your wallet saying you had Lapband surgery which the surgeon signed.

It shows that I lost 40 pounds after surgery without a single fill until October, which was my one and only fill. Now that Iam totally unfilled once again, why can't I control my self?

Right now Iam doing alot more exercise and Iam hoping this kick start is going to help get me back on track, because I worked so hard and I never want to go back to that miserable 290 pound woman again!

Congrats on the weight loss Pinky! I haven't gotten on the scales since I've been back in town. Maybe tomorrow.

Lisa --hang in there, you will get back on track. I think a lot of us have had a hard time getting back on track after the holidays.

Lurkers --so glad to hear from you. Please drop in more and let us hear what's going on in your life and how things are going with your bands.

Your muscles can definitely swell after a workout, so maybe that is causing your tightness Pinky. You ab muscles might be a bit inflammed. I'm no expert, so ask your PT or doctor if it is a big concern. You may very well be at goal for your bandiversary!

Wish I had more to say... then I would not just lurk around.

I scheduled a fill for March, still fighting carbs... taking estroven, fighting a cold, and taking care of my million dollar mutt (she is still having issues). Other than that I am great. Hope all is well with yall.

I think I'm happy about this new tightness. I wasn't hungry today. Pilates, stretchy bands and big bouncy balls aren't my idea of a lot of laughs, but they beat a fill any day of the week.

Anyone play the "what if" game? What if I lose X number of pounds per week until Bandiversary, or how about Y? I lose a few pounds and think I'm King Kong or something. It's probably about as productive as figuring out what you'll spend your millions on if you win the Lotto.

Pinkylee,

Haven't you heard of the Law of Attraction? Your thoughts become things. You are on the right tract. Keep up the great work and keep feeding us your King Kong attitude!

Wish I had more to say... then I would not just lurk around.

I scheduled a fill for March, still fighting carbs... taking estroven, fighting a cold, and taking care of my million dollar mutt (she is still having issues). Other than that I am great. Hope all is well with yall.

Poddles sounds like you gave me your cold:sick I have been so sick all week and I tink I got another one of my sinus infections, I have all the signs and Iam not looking foward to the Zithromax route yet again. Iam allergic to all Penicillin so this is all I can take safey with my Bipolar, cholestrol and blood pressure medication ( will be off blood pressure meds very soon !).

I hope you feel better soon, its so great to hear from you again in the room!:biggrin1:

Lisa

I'm still holding on to the extra pounds. I can't seem to get rid of them. I'm tight this morning, but I"m also stressing. I had to cancel the trip to Orlando and it really has me angry. Why? Because DH can still seem to play golf in all his pain! Anyway, I need to let this go and get on to happier things. I really needed this vacation, but the weekend of the 9th I'm off with the gals for shopping. :)

I called my doctor's office today. I have an appointment for consultation/fill on the 12th. It was fairly easy to get an appointment which surprised me. Anyway, hopefully they can do something creative to get me over the tough spot so I can get this band a little tighter.

I still haven't started exercising. I just need to do it, but my head gives me all the excuses I need.

I ordered some shorts today. They have come back with true bermuda length shorts, 12", and I'm pysched. I am always looking for the longer shorts and they have been hard to find. I can visualize me wearing them in Vegas!! Oh wait, they will be too big by then. :(

Yes there is a lot of buzz about The Secret. I haven't watched the tapes yet, but I believe part of it is visualize your goal and go for it. I did that earlier in my life by goal setting. I had certain goals and worked toward them until they were accomplished. I know that positive attitude works to get things done.

I know that when we go to Vegas I will be 25 lbs lighter. That is doable. I've marked it out on the calendar at 2 lbs/week starting week of March 12th. I can see it. I think that will put me in a size 16.

Barbara465 --sorry to hear you had to cancell your trip to Florida. I know that you were looking forward to that. Well, all things happen for a reason. Let us know how your appt with the doc goes and what he says about your fills.

Pinky--congrats on your new found tightness. I say, don't question it, just enjoy it (if it's not causing problems).

Lisa-- I hope you get to filling better.

Melissa Lea

Barbara465 --sorry to hear you had to cancell your trip to Florida. I know that you were looking forward to that. Well, all things happen for a reason. Let us know how your appt with the doc goes and what he says about your fills.

Pinky--congrats on your new found tightness. I say, don't question it, just enjoy it (if it's not causing problems).

Lisa-- I hope you get to filling better.

Melissa Lea

Thanks Melissa,

I feel so horrible and then add the " monthly friend" into this and its like :( :sleep :Cry: :dizzy: :dizzy: :) :yuck:!

Then the bariatic kit I have been on since Wednesday is giving me the runs and terrible gas so I had to stop it! I just went back to my Designer Protein shakes and eating fruit and veggies and high Fiber Soups like Minestrone with out Pasta in it and Lentil Soup. I am going back to eating chicken, fish and turkey--REAL FOOD!

I am also looking into rejoing Weight Watcher since my mom is doing so well on the new program and I have been talking to Pinkylee and she said she seems to like it also and she did well this week.

There Core plan is base on wholesome food and no sugar and it has only healthy carbs and whole grains. Getting weighted each week will make me more accountable for my food choices and will keep me more on track.

I figure a 2-3 pound weight loss a week for the 15 weeks leading up to my June 13th one year anniversay will get me to my goal of a 100 pound weight loss in one year!. I add more exercise to that and it cam be even more!

My brother is getting married on September 15th in San Francisco, I wanna be able to wear a elegant but sexy dress with out having to wear a uncomfortable piece underneath -- ladies you know what I mean!--lol

Well have a geat weekend all -- I will be nursing this dam cold!:sick

Lisa

DH and I are off on a new adventure. We have a common goal. Buy a Harley or Victory motorcycle in the next few years. He wants the bike to turn heads when he rides down the road. I'd like a few admiring glances my way as a spiffy looking granny. How's that for a new visualization? (Barbara12 thanks for the reminder. Without hope, I wouldn't be where I am today)

Pinky...........have a wonderful day. I am off to a seminar by Mike Dooley one of the teachers of "The Secret". If any of you Junbies out there are feeling down and doubtful about your lapband journey, checkout www.thesecret.tv

What a beautiful day this is going to be. The impending thunderstorms will bring such beautiful wildflowers in a few short weeks.

Oh I wish I had known about the seminar Barbara 12. I am hearing lots about the secret. I have Oprah's show taped and my friend told me about the website. Time for me to get some new inspiration. Let us know how it was.

I'm off to have lunch with a friend. I've decided to do more of the things I used to do before marriage. I love my DH, but a girl needs her girlfriends now and then. :)

13 weeks. I had not realized how close our one year banniversary is. Oh how I hope I get things straightened out before then...